FW Spell: Raise Graveyard

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by SireofSuns, Jul 10, 2014.

1. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Raise Graveyard
    FW
    [spell] [Rare]
    (50 Nora)
    AOE 3. Up to 3 friendly Zombies with the lowest HP in the area of effect are destroyed, leave no Nora globes, and a level 1 Corpse Golem with its upgrades, 100% HP and 0 AP is summoned under your control in the closest space to the center of the area of effect. If at least one of the Zombies destroyed was real, the Corpse Golem loses Summon and becomes real. For each Zombie less than 3 that was destroyed, the Corpse Golem spawns with 10 less HP.

• What role is this Rune intend to fill?
    • Get rid of extra/hurt Zombies on the battlefield while still making use of them.
    • Why isn't this Rune's role being fulfilled by similar Runes?
    • Other runes that do this are either global or too small scale, this offers more control.
    • How is this Rune different from what is already in Pox Nora?
    • It offers more control in comparison to similar runes, and brings new strategies to the table for the Zombie theme.
    • How is this Rune competitive and why would it be used over other Runes?
    • It offers an efficient way to make use of existing units and bring in a single, more powerful one. It would be used over other runes because most other runes in the faction simply do not do this.
    • What makes this Rune unique and fun to use?
    • It goes along with the flavor already presented with the Corpse Golem, and Forsaken Wastes has always been about making good use of dead things!
    Let me know what you guys think. This is my first posted rune idea, so if you like it, I may post more of them (I have well over a thousand written down!).

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
    newsbuff and soulmilk like this.
  2. exiledtyrant

exiledtyrant Active Member

I like the idea. The bare minimum cost would be a 150 nora investment that adds another element to play and allows you to recycle disposable units. Something I believe that has been held far to close by the stitched alone. Very nice way to make sure zombies are the gift that keeps on giving without potentially putting your back to a wall. May need to add a clause about not triggering death effects or nora globes.

3. SireofSuns

Thanks for the input!

Mm, that's true. Though, I think the change of not triggering death effects is enough. Otherwise it might be too punishing. Also, then your enemy has the small chance to grab some nora before getting pounded. Does that seem logical, or do still feel the same?

4. Joker

Joker I need me some PIE!

I like this idea a lot, good job :)

just two questions:

does the corpse golem spamn with his upgrades or without them?

can the destroyed zombies be summoned or do they have to be real?

5. exiledtyrant

exiledtyrant Active Member

I think offering the nora globe may be problematic do to death harvest interaction, boon of the undead bumping the nora refund for casting the spell in the first place. It's a lot like Carrion Colosuss having a mini soulsift because when he dies his carrions automatically rover his big globe.

6. SireofSuns

I was going to have him spawn with upgrades... I don't feel it would be terrible if he started with them, seeing as his upgrades are really his most useful abilities right now (besides Consume I guess). What do you think?

I guess I want it to be Real and Summoned (Illusions don't interact with spells like this, as far as I know). The TRUE purpose behind the spell is to get rid of waste zombies while still making use of them. So Summons would be included. I could change it to be that it only receives 50% HP from Summons, would that be better do you think?

7. Joker

I would run this spell if the upgrades are included, otherwise it would not be worth it

I think its fine receiving 100% HP from both real zombies and summoned, as summoned champions tend to not have that much hp.

If you can actually substitute summoned zombies that cannot contest a font for a real corpse golem, this spell is very useful.

8. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

It would have to be real champions only that can be targeted...

"This unit spawns with 1% of its max HP for each point of nora the sacrificed champions cost in total to a max of 100%This unit spawns with 1% of its max HP for each point of nora the sacrificed champions cost in total to a max of 100%."

Summoned champs do not have nora costs.

9. Joker

I thought they just can't drop nora globes and contest fonts

10. BroWatchThis

Pay attention to the Nora cost of the champion you summon in game, as long as it is a summon. Click the champ and look at the Nora cost. It will always say 0 unless it's a real champ.

11. SireofSuns

Yes, it would be real, and yes, it would come with its upgrades. :D
    Hmm. So... Maybe it should be based of their health rather than their Nora cost? I would be willing to make so that Summons only give 50%, what do you think?

BroWatchThis likes this.
  12. BroWatchThis

I like the idea a lot! Festering corpses are borderline useless so this would be a great way to make use of them. Right now, our beloved faction needs all the help it can get. All protectorate factions' bgs are rush bgs now since they beat us in speed, nora cost, dmg, and def+hp not to mention excessive amounts of healing, while decay got nerfed. Anyways I'm going to get off of my soapbox lol.

In conclusion, I like it!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
    SireofSuns likes this.
  13. Zythraak

Zythraak The King of Potatoes

I like the idea too, but it should definitely be based off of HP, and it should be a summoned corpse golem, imo. Creating real champs with a spell has never been done before to the best of my knowledge. (except perhaps, Arise) Perhaps you could have an arise-like spell that turns nora globes into some sort of zombie? Orrr a unit that turns nearby nora globes into zombies. :) Just a rambling, no intention of hijacking your thread, sorry.

14. SireofSuns

Hmm, I think for now I will make it based of HP. If I make it so it has to target a Real champ to start, would it then be okay to have the Golem be Real?

And don't worry about thread hijacking, I've done it before (accident and on purpose when necessary for the greater good). Plus, this is really an idea thread, so more ideas are always welcome! I would very much enjoy trying to make runes based of your ideas, though, would you prefer to do that yourself?

15. Zythraak

If the champion had to be real it would be okay for the golem to be real, but if the champs have to be real, then it should be based off of nora cost. Or, simply be a more expensive spell. My concern is that it will just end up being a 1 rounded champion, who has lost the benefit of requiring multiple hits (or a big aoe) to die. Perhaps increasing the nora cost of the spell would make it more feasible to have it create a noteworthy golem?

Also, sure! Feel free to use my ideas for rune making, I don't mind. I'd just like to see what you come up with is all. ;)

16. SireofSuns

Right. What it means is that the zombie that you start the spell with must be real, the others can be real or summon. Though, as was pointed out, summons have no nora cost, so I think HP is the way to go (unless you can show my why it isn't, of course). As to the cost of the spell itself, I think 50 is plenty expensive. Any higher and we start to lose the value of sac'ing champs to build a single one. Unless you mean to also increase the potency of the spell?

Of course! When I have the time, I will definitely post them! :)

17. Zythraak

Yeah, if using summons it should be based off of HP, if using real it should be based off of nora. UD has Retribution and Sacrifice to get rid of low hp champs in a beneficial manner, this would kind of be FW's retribution. 50 nora should be fine, that isn't too much of a discount on a corpse golem anyway. I think it would be fine to make it a real champ, if we're using real champs, and I think 1%HP per nora is a bit low. It could be, 1 life per nora up to unit's maximum, perhaps? If i'm not mistaken, most zombies in a zombie deck ARE real, right? From swarm? But then they don't have a listed nora cost..

Alteration. Make it combine 3 festering corpses, at least one of which must be real, of any hp to create a full hp real corpse golem. Make it an AoE 4 spell, summoning on as close as it can to the center square, and prioritizing the lowest HP festering corpses.

How's that? Simplifies it a little bit, and makes it a situationally awesome spell.

18. SireofSuns

All the zombies in your deck had better be real! ;)
    Yeah, the swarmed corpses are the summons, and they usually end up comprising 50% of fielded forces (of like, 30 zombies!).
    Yeah... 1% would be very low now that I think about it. Another option (other than what you listed) is to have it be based of their MAX HP. But that might be overpowered?

Hmm. I like this, though I might change it a bit, how's this sound:

Raise Graveyard (AOE 3. Up to 3 friendly Zombies with the lowest HP in the area of effect are destroyed, and a level 1 Corpse Golem with its upgrades, 100% HP and 0 AP is summoned under your control in the closest space to the center of the area of effect. If at least one of the Zombies destroyed was real, the Corpse Golem loses Summon and becomes real. For each Zombie less than 3 that was destroyed, the Corpse Golem spawns with 10 less HP.)

I really like it this way. While it loses the flavor of using what's left of them, it keeps the general flavor and balanced out by requiring 3 zombies.

Zythraak and BroWatchThis like this.
  19. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

flavorful and cool. nice idea

20. Zythraak

^Yep, that sounds good to me. Eliminates the nora or hp problem and makes it a simpler recycling tool.

BroWatchThis and SireofSuns like this.