FW Spells that Key on Undead

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Sokolov, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

What FW Spells that key on Undead would you like changed to key off enemies or friendlies instead?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

If a spell is only going to count enemy or friendly undead, I would want it to always count friendly undead, otherwise the rune is wasted if the enemy isn't playing undead.

3. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Unholy Tomb- Enemy

Festering Wounds - Enemy

Absorb magic - Friendly

Corpse Collection - Friendly

Hungry Dead - Enemy

Necroweave - Friendly

Throw Bones - Friendly

Sacrificial Altar - Friendly

Desecration - enemy

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
    ghklf, Netherzen and OriginalG1 like this.
  4. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Throw bones should be changed.

To champions with different owner.

(You can not blame for trying >_>) seriously though, working on friendly units could bring a new toy to stitched.

5. Sokolov

haha, Shimaru :)

But yea, if we change stuff like this slowly, it'll make reworking Boon/Undead/Bonus at some point easier (if we ever actually do).

6. yobanchi

Would you like all spells/abilities that key off undead or just target stuff for now?

7. Sokolov

Whatever seems relevant.

8. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

Foul Rite - Friendlies

9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

"Sacrifice all units you own. Those that inexplicably remain get some extra stats."

D4rkSteel likes this.
  10. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

I thought this was sok trying to get an idea of which runes targeted undead.

11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I was making a joke based on an intentionally silly interpretation of what you said. Think of it as an extended pun. No worries, I know at what you're driving.

12. yobanchi

Desecratio could use enemy only.

This is more due to when boon goes away to help prevent nuking your own stuff.

Uruboz, claydude5 and Netherzen like this.
  13. yobanchi

Reflesh could also use 'friendly' instead of undead

TeaScholar likes this.
  14. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

Hi,

Reflesh - Area Effect 3: All friendly units within the affected spaces recover 20 HP. For the next 4 turns, those units gain Immunity: Disease.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  15. ghklf

ghklf I need me some PIE!

ehh.....I did not get it....what did u mean?

16. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Movin this up now that it's linked from the crate.

17. Sokolov

It means I want to change some of the ways those things work so they key off friendly/enemy instead. This makes it easier to use for players, particularly for the non-Undead themes, as well as eases the way to reworking Boon as it relates to Undead.

18. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Foul right change.

"All non-human champions you own are sacrificed..." Allow foul right to work with pallys as well as witch themes via the human synergy. Might also find use in sp/fw witch bg's if change is considered.

19. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

Interesting topic... just some ideas for you @Sokolov

ABILITIES

Boon of Undead
    "This champions is immune to Disease and can't become Poisoned, Bloodied or Eviscerated. It can heal HP only with its own abilities or with abilities that specifically targets its race or Unliving Being." (name changed to Unliving Being)

Note: this could apply to Undead in general, but also to construct and some other champions. It trade off some (logical!?) immunities with an healing deficiency, and open up spaces to have a different set of abilities specifically designed to heal undead (just like Mason can work on constructs).

Hunter: Unholy
    Changed to work with champions from Underdepths or Forsaken Wastes (cost adjusted)

SPELLS

Chain of Corruption
    Extra damage when used with a Witch or a Lich in the affected area.

Corpse Collection
    Changed to work on any FW champion. Additional clause: "affected champions with race Lich also gain Forage"

Foul Rite
    "Sacrifice target champion. Friendly champions with class Witch, Paladin or Priest gain +3 damage permanently and are healed for 8 HP". (cost to 30 nora)

Necroweave
    "Cooldown of all your champions is reduced by 3" (cost to 25 nora)

Reflesh
    "Target Zombie is healed for 35 HP" (this is in line with the proposed changed to Boon; cost to 35 nora)

Throw Bones
    "Sacrifice target Skeleton. Friendly Skeletons are healed for 8 HP and gain 1 AP" (this is in line with the proposed changed to Boon)

OTHERS

Fleshsewn Helm
    Grant Immunity Disease instead of Boon.

Sacrifical Altar
    Can be used with any (non possessed) friendly champion.

Unholy Tomb
    Affects champions that are not Unliving Being (ability linked, instead of race linked).

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015