G20

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by iPox, Jul 11, 2017.

1. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

Geressen and BurnPyro like this.
  2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I really like the other instances of german riot police and protestors set to classical and sometimes Lord of the Rings music.

anyways I disagree with the methods of super extreme left, anti-capitalist, anarchist etcetera rioters. they just want a fight and take all the attention away from the peacefull protestors.

you can tell the rioters are not very organised and inexperienced. just a mob, but a mob that when it breaks, and it always breaks under the simple roman/shield wall advance and occasional charge tactics by the police, hides back amongst the mass of peacefull protestors. it's a problem of there being a lot of protestors there so the police have to cover a large area, best way to combat it would be to box groups in and let people trickle out in a controlled gap so you can nab all the troublemakers there, but that is controversial because it threatens to box in innocent people, cause a crush amongst the boxed in people ( think game of thrones battle of the bastards) and generally is seen as an escalation. in the words of some guys sometimes in something "we're surrounded", "Perfect, now we can attack in any direction!"

Anyone know what kind of items German riot police bring? I've seem them mainly run around seemingly without anything in their hands. mostly square roman style shields and a nightstick here and there.

what is the obsession with hard plastic shields by so many police forces? Dutch riot police uses wicker shields with fireproof covers because generally rioters throw rocks and sometimes use sticks. the wicker being better at absorbing the impact rather than transferring it to the arm of the wearer. I'm sure the hard shields are perfectly capable of defending the police against pointed objects but who the Firk is going to bring a spear to a riot? at that point you have escalated to using way deadlier weapons. don't take this the wrong way the arrest teams do not use wicker shields. different situation different shields.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  3. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

my assumption about the hard plastic shields is that they're used for their transparency, so you can cover yourself and look at what you're moving towards with little visual obstruction

Geressen likes this.
  4. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

mmm, doesn't sound worth the downsides to me.

5. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Why is off topic leaking into general

6. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

it is? Oh man I better get up there before they plug the leak!

7. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

The mods are the real leakers. They've been colluding with the DOGz to interfere with poxnora.

8. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

then I am confused why some of the Uk riot police have reinforced plates and sometimes coverings. this takes away the sight benefit.
    I guess the plates do improve the resistance the shield has to piercing objects. which I maintain are not all that common during riots.

[​IMG]