Gale Force Knockback Help

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Engleberry, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Engleberry

Engleberry The King of Potatoes

Soo, are there restrictions on what Gale Force can knock back? I was playing someone today and gale force couldn't knock his tortuns into a chasm even though they had zero AP. They didn't move at all.

What'd I do wrong? :/

2. Scarebear

Scarebear Devotee of the Blood Owl

Tortuns have unstoppable now.

3. mahesar

mahesar The King of Potatoes

Pygmy is the only torton with unstoppable. Knockback has been acting odd for me when trying to cliff champs as well. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't, despite proper positioning and direction.

4. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

I think they has to stand adjacent to the chasm space.

5. s4ndm4ns

s4ndm4ns I need me some PIE!

There is something that you need to know. You can't throw a champ standing on height 2 into chasm height 0. Only from height 1, check by pushing N while selecting square where his unit with 0 ap stands.

Hiyashi and GabrielQ like this.
  6. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

this is incorrect

7. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

This is it.

8. mahesar

mahesar The King of Potatoes

Very true. Checking things earlier, this little tidbit proved to be the cause of the odd behavior I had noticed. Taking that into account, all the various kb abilities are working properly. :)

9. s4ndm4ns

s4ndm4ns I need me some PIE!

We could use old old graphic that shows 1x1 and 2x2 kb direction depending on gale placement, used to be on old forums, maybe someone has it?

10. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

11. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

12. PoLLeN2

PoLLeN2 Well-Known Member

Hate to Necro a thread, but what the heck. Quick Gale interaction questions regarding the above diagrams and the link;

1. When you target it, do you center it on the champ you want to move, or place the aoe so the direction you want a targeted champ to move is over it. I.e, if I center the aoe on the champ, it looks like the champ is going to move "forward" 3 spaces. But, using the 1x1 example above, if I wanted that champ (rockpile looking target in the diagram) to instead move to the bottom left, I would offset the aoe one square to the top right of the target so that a left arrow would be on the target? Hope that makes sense.

2. It's always three spaces in a straight line, correct? No back one space, left one space, back another space, correct?

3. If there is a champ in the outer perimeter squares of the aoe, they move theee spaces from that square in the direction indicated by the arrow, correct?

Sorry, thinking about starting to play again and thinking of playing ST so I've been reading through the forum back pages. Figured if I want to jump back into ST, I probably should have a good grasp of Gale Force. Thanks, and sorry if these questions are stupid...it's just hard to look at without actually being in game to figure out the interactions.

13. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

You understood correctly.

14. PoLLeN2

PoLLeN2 Well-Known Member

Much appreciated.