Game chat fix

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by darklord48, Jan 15, 2019.

1. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Some of the players on the discord discovered that game chat is only broken in some resolutions. So far it has been tested as not working in the following resolutions: 1536x864 1440x900 1280x1024 1680x1050. Please add anything you find in your own experimentation here.

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

This has been a revelation! And explains why some people described "broken chat" in much stronger terms than others.

anwar likes this.
  3. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

My game chat only works when i'm actually playing a game, when i'm in the lobby it does not work at all for me. Does joining a game change the resolution ?

4. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

It’s outstanding news.

5. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

/who type command is broken, it only ever shows one line and a bit of players who are online, you can never know the full players on.

chat works for me in a window not full screen, but...

if i am disconnected from a game, relog and rejoin, the chat window labelled "chat" is now forever gone, with only chat windows for combat log, bazaar and global remaining.

if i play a game and/or go back to lobby, afterwards all chat windows are reset, global does not hold its data like it used to in old client.

chat windows do not flash when something is posted including a personal message

6. anwar

anwar The King of Potatoes

Plz fix the chat

7. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

If this was fixed it would make a large difference.

8. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Are those all the resolutions or Am I missing one?

9. 0ryuk0

0ryuk0 I need me some PIE!

Are they gonna update some bug issues?

10. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

I can confirm that 1920 x 1080 also works.