Game client performance issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ButterFaceGirl, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

I used to work programming and modifying software, not with Java tho, but i do understand how huge that proyect would be.

I just loled because you sayd in three month could be done when it takes them 2 months to make a new expansion with 15 bug fixes in the same patch.

Sounding conceited was not my intention, i apologize

2. ButterFaceGirl

ButterFaceGirl Active Member

but it can be done in three months. What you are doing is translating already existing code. Bug fixing is more time consuming than translating, because debugging is a problem solving process, while translating in mapping between languages. Also making a new expansion is a design process which is itself iterative by nature i.e. time consuming. They are not comparable..

Also, it is going to get worse and worse. Just look at League of Legend which was built on Adobe Air (lol wat). I don't know which engine this runs on but it runs on Java which is a walking proof that god hates programmers. It is like what Genghis Khan says, if you hadn't sinned why would god create a universe which allows Java to exist. As more features are added and the game gains more players, it's going to be harder and harder to make a rewrite.

3. Leogratz

Leogratz Devotee of the Blood Owl

So, the advantage would be less workload for changes, while the disadvantage would be the creation of more points where program failure may happen.

After that, the programming would have to be done separately on the battle and client modules, with the chat part of programming being replicated within the battle module.

Also, would open opportunities for new developments, like watching multiple games at the same time.

The workload would be to turn the whole battle modular, on a copy-paste style, while feeding it the chat programming lines in it AND verifications in client to avoid multiple matches - if you want to block it, roughly. Still, I see it may be a problem without dedicated programmers for it.

4. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

it is to encourage you to go outside, and take a break.

5. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

I wish an engine swap ,was change it and go,
    aside from car vs engine weight ratio vs eng horse power and engine size, (many times they dont fit, even if the math says so), alignment of connections and hoses , may have to do some customizing, then theres mounting,, ugh... brackets ?, bolts? positioning? might need to do some welding,and even then , having it sit level without affecting front suspension and axels can be a problem,lots of trial and error before ignition kicks as well,, and now computer wiring from console to engine? a nightmare, ,, thats why , unless you really need that specific car,,, 9/10 times its economically wiser to get another car completely. .
    unless putting in an exact replica, ,, but I dont thats the case

Leogratz likes this.
  6. ButterFaceGirl

it's still change it and go. you just overexplained the 'change' part.

7. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

or perhaps your under explaining it,,,its not rocket science,,, but it will consume time and money, which are never in abundance
    ..everything is easy when your at a keyboard in a forum
    what if sok invest the majority of his budget and no new players?(maybe even lose existing players who dont like) and now he'll have to release 10 new exp to break even.?
    its a big gamble,, well not for u of course as if it dont work out u simply move to a new game and forum and start over...
    gambling is very easy with someone elses money :)

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
    Sealer0 and Leogratz like this.
  8. ButterFaceGirl

Or in this universe, shitty game performance leads to people rage quitting, the game dies.