Game crash

Discussion in 'New Pox Nora Client Beta Bugs' started by Woffleet, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

I have a windows 7 computer. Old pox worked fine on it. Game will load then immediately crash at login screen.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  2. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Did you get the "Windows protected your PC" warning when you were you first tried to install the launcher?

Try going to your install folder and then go to the PoxNora folder that has the PoxNora application that has the unity icon. Right click on that, click on properties, go to Compatibility, and then select run as administrator. Also do the same thing for the Launcher on the previous screen.

Let us know if this continues to happen.

3. Woffleet

I did for both of them. Same problem still occurs

4. Woffleet

Tried uninstallin didn;t work either. :(

5. Senshu

Hmm, are you on the 32 or 64 bit version of Windows 7?

It would be good to know if there is anyone else using Windows 7 that can launch the game and if there are others that can't.

6. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Using Win7 64-bit. Works fine for me.

SPiEkY likes this.
  7. Senshu

That's good to know. Thanks Etherilin.

That cuts it down to potentially being the 32 bit version being the problem, or there is something else going on with this.

8. Woffleet

I also have a 64 bit

9. Senshu

The good news is that means it isn't a OS compatibility issue.

Woffleet, can you start up a private forum conversation with me and share the following two files with me?

Go to the instillation directory of the new Pox Nora client and copy the text documents named output_log and launcher. These two will hopefully shed some light as to what is happening.