Game freeze

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by aryh, Feb 28, 2016.

1. aryh

aryh New Member

So ever since i rejoined i encountered a specific problem almost once every day. In short, almost always at the first or sometimes second game of the day (never later) and on the first or second turn usually, the pox screen freezes, timer goes to 2 or 3 minutes (always ranked games so max timer should be 1:30) and i cant do anything . Music continues to play, always. I usually alt tab and ctr alt delete, then get back in pox and wait to unfreeze. I loose 1 or 2 turns before it reconnects and see at that time and hear animations and sounds, like everything that happened during those turns in fast forward (2 sec). Yesterday i got it, but for the first time, the game never unfroze and i had to close it from the manager.

Any idea what this is and/or how to solve it?

p.s. I do use a potato pc atm and as a result i do have a handicap in comparison to other players due to my lower gaming speed, but this is isolated event, with a clear pattern, it feels strange.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  2. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Hmm, that is extremely odd. Do you have an anti-virus or anti-malware program installed that is set to automatically scan your computer at that time or do you have an automatic defragmentation set to occur at that time?

3. aryh

aryh New Member

It is isnt it? I would blame my crappy pc (1gb ram, integrated intel graphic card) but then wouldnt the freezes be more frequent and random. No anti virus,defragmentation or any kind of program running in the backround btw. Anyway, maybe with a better pc this will go away, thx.

4. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Yeah, if it was purely a hardware issue then it definitely would be more frequent. What time of Day do you start playing Pox and what time does this problem occur specify time zone if you can?