Game not pause when I got disconnected. Why?!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marcus Aseth, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Marcus Aseth

Marcus Aseth The King of Potatoes

I asked in the ingame chat but noone answered, so I'll paste an image of my question here since I'm too lazy to type it again :|

[​IMG]

I don't mind losing, but loosing in an unfair way (especially since I reconnected in less than 4 min)... that I totally mind.

It is some kind of sh*t that if where to happen one or two more times, I am sure I would uninstall again poxnora =_=

Excalibur95 likes this.
  2. edmek55555

edmek55555 Devotee of the Blood Owl

The game doesnt pause so to speak. It starts a 3 minute timer. If you don't reconnect within 3 minutes you lose. They do that because it wouldn't be fair for the other player to have to sit there all day waiting for you to get back.

If that were the case people would just close the game client all the time to have unlimited time to plan a turn

3. Marcus Aseth

Well that's not true, when people ragequit on me I get a "Paused" where normally there would be the timer, and a 4 minutes countdown starts and I can't do nothing during it, and I have to wait trough it all for the game to end and get the win. So the game indeed do pause.
    The question is why pause for people that ragequit on me but doesn't pause when I get DC...

4. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I think it depends on whether you disconnect on your turn or on their turn. Not sure which one pauses it, though.

Leadrz likes this.
  5. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

I think it has something to do with how the game finds out you are disconnected.

In one scenario the app gets a signal to say you are disconnected, but in another it thinks you are still connected even if you aren't able ot make moves and what not

davre and SPiEkY like this.
  6. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Its broken. Most of the time it works, but sometimes it doesn't.

Is literally my most hated thing about pox. Been like this forever.

7. edmek55555

edmek55555 Devotee of the Blood Owl

Exactly. Its not so much a pause as the player gets extended time. But I've only ever had someone disconnect during their turn so my experience is limited

8. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

It's not broken. The Timer only stops if you DC on your turn. If you start lagging wait until your turn to close and open Pox.

9. calisk

not true at all both games when I missed my turn yesterday and timer failed to stop were dc's on my turn

10. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Maybe you were lagging and DC'd when your turn was already over. Idk.

Whenever I've DCed on my turn, i've always gotten protection. If I DC on my opponent's turn im SoL.

11. calisk

typically you are correct, but in both cases I found out very quickly the game is lagging and I close out out immediately.

but ya most other days that would end the timer and I'd come back to th rest of my turn

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  12. Marcus Aseth

It is not possible, because the game APPEARED to be working fine, no lag at all, timer was going but simply units wheren't moving, so as far as I know my opponent had gone AFK. The game didn't notify me I was disconnected, it is only when the timer reached 0:00 and the turn didn't passed to me that I realized something where wrong, so I written in the chat to ask my opponent the hell was going on and as a result of putting input in the chat the game "woken up" and notify me the DC, I attempted to reconnect and the game was going on without me (1 turn skipped) and on top of that the recconnection attempt somehow ****ed up my connection so I had to restart the pc, I lost 2-3 turns in the process.
    I was winning that game, and when I came back enemy heroes where near my avatar.

Seriously, this Bane Shift is so frustrating that if it where to happen more than once, anyone sane of mind would uninstall...

Call me paranoid but as far as I know maybe my opponent somehow fu*ked up my connection to the server in order to avoid to lose the game.

Well, just as precaution I'm not playing against PunishA1 anymore :|

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  13. calisk

As silly as it is I've had this thought alot.

I've also thought tiny has hacked the game for first turn because he always has it every time we play lol

I know both are not true but it flashes by quickly before I dismiss the thought