Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by MrBadguy, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

I don't know much about training with swords but if even one of Brienne's swings connected it would have cut Aria in half. that's not really how its done is it?

2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I asume she used a blunted training sword.

3. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Pete and Pete are doing better as of episode 5. Apparently ep 6's been leaked so I'm glad we don't have to wait a week to see the dream team do their thing.

4. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

is it okay to talk about the leaked episode or not?

RIP Thoros of Myr,
    RIP Vyserion

5. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Incredible episode, I suggest you watch it as soon as you have time. I've already been seeing spoilers all over facebook, youtube, twitter, etc. Made me glad I jumped on it as soon as it was released

6. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Must say Benjens character did not see much justice considering he was meant to be cold hands.

MEATMAN and Geressen like this.
  7. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

I'm on it as I type this.

8. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Wow, i had the opposite reaction. More descending down to standard hackneyed fantasy scenes. More heavy handed dragon sensationalism. More suspend your logic moments, and suspend your sense of time too. They even had anonymous 'redshirt' guys who you knew were going to die the moment you didn't recognise their faces. And then, rather than doing the classic killing of an important character (which is well needed at this point), they killed off the most easily killable minor character. Arrggghhhh.... nerdrage.

9. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Why did uncle just stay behind? It's not like the Others can outrun a horse.

badgerale likes this.
  10. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Exactly my thoughts. It just seems like it was rushed or something, they could have made that more believable and had jon narrowly escape while the uncle was just about fending them off, but instead they had it so that he was like 'there's no time' and then strolled for ten seconds over to the zombies who were a while away. Firking WHY? why not do it in a believable way when it's not any harder to do so.

And how long were they freezing to death on that island for, while gendry jogged back and sent a raven which flew across the continent and then the dragon flew back?

And where the Firk did zombies get gigantic Firking 3 mile long chains from?

And how long was jon under the freezing water for while the whole zombie army absent mindedly wandered away?

I can't believe I'm so annoyed by something i barely care about

MEATMAN, Geressen and darklord48 like this.
  11. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Someone did the math on the last episode
    [​IMG]

Vote Kanye 2020 and nepyonisdead like this.
  12. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

So for 3 days ... homeboys stood there with no food or water and just stared down the dead mofos xD and then when 10 thousand zombies collapse on their 5 man sorry asses not only do they fight them off, they actually escape on the back of a dragon who by the way is light enough not to break the ice. This show threw physics out of the window on day 1 there is no denying that xD but with that being said good post buddy xD

13. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

they stood on an island, the dragon landed on same island, when Drogon took off he accidentally kicked in the ice and broke it with his right paw.

who said they did not have food or drink?

it seems to me that the white walkers, being more tactically adept than Jonno boy has ever been sent the wights over piecemeal on order to prevent a repeat of the losses they suffered when they were first cut off from the band.

there might have been thousands of wights there but they did not all charge together merely in enough numbers to not break the ice yet push the group back, up untill dragonfire blew open a lot of the ice cuttin most of them off from attackin.

the night king actually uses his troops more conservatively than any of the commanders before and more competently too. you need to stop thinking about them like mindless zombies.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  14. nepyonisdead

All I am saying is that its a stretch for an army to march on them on ice and still make it, its a stretch that gendry ran all that way in such a time :p and its a stretch that they sat there for 3 days doing nothing and hoping gendry makes it and they didnt freeze and lastly that this season has been very disappointing :p except for 1 or 2 episodes. I mean we are now at the season finale and are you honestly even remotely satisfied by this season?

15. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I am not but you are not judging the abilities of people, armies and time fairly.

what could they do? they were on an island surrounded by thin ice and an army of wights.
    an army of wights lead I repeat by A COMPETENT COMMANDER.

16. nepyonisdead

chances are you are absolutely right its just that I cant watch them do crazy Bane Shift and no think well Id have done that differently :p like if we needed to capture a zombie or walker my first plan wouldnt be to go out with no plan and hope i stumble on one because my first thought would be what if we get gang banged by 10 or more in one go. I do overthink stuff most of the time but I cant help it

17. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

for clarities sake the undead soldiers are wights.
    the leaders are white walkers AKA the others.

there are no zombies and to think of them as mindless zombies like the walking dead is a mistake.

it is true that they would not have been succesfull in their capture mission of a wight if the undead did not use scout units ( one of which they were able to ambush)
    they would not have been able to capture a wight had the scout unit been completely composed of wights turned by a single white walker.
    However the adition of a night king wight allowed the night king to have intelligence of the encounter the scouts had.

You might say why not use a big horde, just one big army blob and no scouts the answer to this can be found in the critical error made by Davos and Stannis during the battle of the blackwater, their scouts reported the aproach clear but during the battle not a single scout went ahead of their main force. they were unaware that the lannister fleet was gone with the exception of a single boat leaking green untill it was far too late.

in WW2 the american navy trained their commanders to use scouts properly by playing wargames where they did not inform them of the capabilities of the enemy, givin small torpedo boats massive cannons or making cruisers super fast or the carriers have the firepower of a battleship.

Noted tactical failure Jon snow knew nothing ( Ha ha)

the night king was not as incompetent as to commit his full forces to a charge which might have broken the ice again, or to a suicide charge against the dragon.

Fun story in Company of Heroes multiplayer I once played Germans against US, US player used infantry blob, I used the german army's defensive doctrine which allows you to call artillery strikes on your own resource points. their blob went to try and cut off some of my supplies..... Boom... no more US army, and then I sent Sdkfz Puma armoured cars into his base.

nepyonisdead likes this.
  18. Ragic

why capture a wight in the first place? all they needed to do is go north of the wall and then kill someone (and not burn them). Jon knew you had to burn the dead. He knew anyone who died north of the wall would turn. If youre going to complain about plot flaws, there's the biggest one I see.

That and the fact that they felt the need to get on the dragon real quick and get away with their prize instead of telling Danny, hey, the night king is that guy on a horse over there. go burn him and we win.

That and the hound seems to be able to throw a 10 pound rock the distance of a football field.

That and wights seem to be ok swimming to the bottom of an ice cold lake to wrap big iron chains around a dead dragon, but the thought of falling through the ice kept them at bay.

That and the night king somehow managed to get several hundred yards of big iron chain.

Geressen likes this.
  19. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

How much was rhe rock in Euro?

I asume the dead do not turn instantly and without a white walker.

You are correct that would have resolved a lot though The white walkers showed no fear of the dragons and the gang was busy fleeing.

20. Ragic

big red should have suggested to jon snow, lets just kill gandry and let him turn. jon being noble would refuse that plan. (everyone wants to kill gandry, poor gandry).

the wights should have rushed the island and fallen through the ice, but then have been unable to break through the ice surrounding the island, that would have negated the need for the stupid rock throwing. OR have the wights be smart enough to cross the ice a few at a time so the ice wont break, which then lets the defenders of the island fight them off more realistically.

they should have told danny to go for the night king. she sends one of her dragons to go do that, but he gets the ice spear when he gets close. so they abandon that plan. and maybe have a turned giant throw the ice spear so the distance of the throw is more believable.

night king should have jumped into the lake and turned the dragon down there. then you end with an awesome scene of the dragon breaking through the ice with the night king riding him.

Geressen likes this.