Garden Snake (KF Champ)

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Xirone, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Garden Snake
    Race: Beast & Plant, Class: None, Size: Small, Rarity: Uncommon
    Artwork: Within a tangled mass of vegetation a small snake is ready to strike. Though hard to see, the snake has a vine-whip for a tongue and small spikes on its body.
    Flavor-Text: There are few fears more primal than finding a snake in the grass.
    Nora Cost: 70

Champion Stats
    DMG: 10, SPD: 5, RNG: 1-3, DEF: 0, HP: 44

Champion Abilities
    Attack: Physical- This unit makes a Physical attack at its Range. This is a basic attack.
    Ferocious Growth*- At the beginning of each turn, all spaces within 3 spaces of this champion becomes Jungle (Impeding Vegetation) for 4 turns. This champion has Trailblaze.
    Hidden: Vegetation- At the end of your turn, if this champion occupies Vegetation, it becomes Stealthed. Otherwise, it loses Stealthed.
    Solo: Scrapper-This champion has Scrapper as long as there is not more than one other champion within 3 spaces.
    Tunnel: Earth 2- This ability may be activated only if this unit occupies Earth terrain. This unit moves directly to target Earth space within 6 spaces. CD: 1, AP: 4
    Vulnerability: Fire- When this unit takes Fire damage, that damage is increased by 40% (after DEF).

Champion Upgrades
    Damage Shield: Physical 3- When this unit is attacked, if the attack is a close-combat attack, the attacking unit takes 6 Physical damage. This damage ignores DEF.
    Heart Strike- When this champion makes a successful basic attack, that champion loses 5 HP at the end of next turn.
    Spike Nova 3- This unit deals 9 Physical damage to each unit within 2 spaces. This damage ignores DEF. Champions successfully damaged become Burred 4 (When this champion moves a space through normal movement, it takes 1 Physical damage. When this champion activates a special ability that results in movement (such as Leap or Teleport), it takes 5 Physical damage). CD: 3, AP: 3
    Strike- This champion's attacks ignore DEF if the target's DEF is greater than 0.

*I made a change to Ferocious Growth so that it automatically gives Trailblaze to the champion. The only champion in the game that has this ability also has Trailblaze so it makes sense just to bundle the two together.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  2. Xirone

A simple stealthy champ that has good mobility and range but is at its best when it is alone (due to Solo: Scrapper). This champ can help develop a Serpent theme for KF or work in a Plant BG. Any suggestions? Feel free to post!

3. Xirone

Perhaps Briar Snake would be a better name? I think I'll work on an alternate version of this guy.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  4. Xirone

Briar Snake (Updated Version of Garden Snake)
    Race: Beast & Plant, Class: None, Size: Small, Rarity: Uncommon
    Artwork: Within a tangled mass of vegetation a small snake is ready to strike. Though hard to see, the snake has a vine-whip for a tongue and small spikes on its head.
    Flavor-Text: There are few fears more primal than finding a snake in the grass. Luckily for us, he is on our side!
    Nora Cost: 74

Champion Stats
    DMG: 8, SPD: 5, RNG: 1-3, DEF: 0, HP: 44

Champion Abilities
    Attack: Physical- This unit makes a Physical attack at its Range. This is a basic attack.
    Ferocious Growth*- At the beginning of each turn, all spaces within 3 spaces of this champion becomes Jungle (Impeding Vegetation) for 4 turns. This champion has Trailblaze.
    Territorial- When an opposing champion is deployed within 8 spaces, this champion gains Multiattack 1, Enrage 1, +4 DMG, +1 DEF and +1 SPD for 4 turns.
    Solo: Scrapper- This champion has Scrapper as long as there is not more than one other champion within 3 spaces.
    Tunnel: Earth 1- This ability may be activated only if this unit occupies Earth terrain. This unit moves directly to target Earth space within 5 spaces. CD: 1, AP: 4
    Vulnerability: Fire- When this unit takes Fire damage, that damage is increased by 40% (after DEF).

Champion Upgrades
    Camouflage**- This champion has Tough 2 when occupying Vegetation.
    Domain: Vegetation- This unit gains +2 DMG, +1 DEF, and Mobility (This champion may disengage the turn it becomes Engaged and disengages for 0 AP) while occupying Vegetation.
    Hidden: Vegetation- At the end of your turn, if this champion occupies Vegetation, it becomes Stealthed. Otherwise, it loses Stealthed.
    Indomitable: Vegetation- This champion has Fearless, Iron Will, and Unstoppable when on Vegetation.

*I made a change to Ferocious Growth so that it automatically gives Trailblaze to the champion. The only champion in the game that has Ferocious Growth also has Trailblaze so it makes sense just to bundle the two together.
    **Camouflage has always been a weak ability so I buffed it to give Tough 2 when on Vegetation (instead of reducing 2 DMG from ranged attacks).

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  5. Xirone

I updated the Garden Snake, now Briar Snake, to have a little more offensive might. He, being part plant, creates his own tangled mass to live in and is fiercely territorial. His upgrades are selected to give him various synergies with the terrain he creates.

6. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

Change the name. Too euphemismy...
    Poor Sky Marshal... So forgotten...

Instead of this. Trailblaze should be changed to negate movement restrictions from all terrain, not just Grass.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  7. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

you know, the consolidation you propose is already present in the living diamond lumiscence ability.
    I read that and I thought that it would be nice if the nora gem abilities format were luminiscence: x, and that living luminiscence were to be replaced by lumiscence: ferocius growth (your version)

8. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

Its nora cost is a tad high, and its a snake, that is not a constrictor, that doesn't have poison. Maybe pencil Poison2 in as Rover or Ichor or something?

Also, can we rename him Tunnel Snake? Because tunnel snakes rule.

Good idea though, we need more snakes D: