Garu theme?

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Gaedel, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

I picked up some Garu and was looking at a possible battlegroup. I noticed they have mostly melee champs with a lot of physical damage. Is a Garu only theme pretty much dead at this point? Which Garu should be included x2? Is Ancestral Anger x2? Is Unassuming Tree x2? Then Burning Oak Seed would be handy for alternate damage. I also thought Ancestral Avenger was a Garu but I noticed he is a Beast/Spirit.

Here's what I have at the moment. Please provide feedback.

http://poxbase.com/deck/cibcwXc53cp...c9jcqvc5hS3Ws7s4ys1as7Ts5Ws2ts6gr3nrUr2peWe2w

2. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

Sorry to dissapoint you, but garu was nerfed and is not good to play with. Since we have council and those guys like 1-2 h games, anything that can be used agressive was nerfed. Ancestal avenger is a joke now. Like 6 speed but cost for 8.

3. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

I'm assuming you're thinking of something other than Ancestral Avenger. KF Titan is 7 speed and really too strong right now.

On topic, garus aren't in a great spot right now. Elves and trees seem to be best.

4. ChiaoLung

Specific comments about the bg - Drop Garu Hunter. You give your opponent a better champ than you get by using it. Same goes for Unassuming Tree for the same reason. Other than that, give it a shot and let us know what you find. I wouldn't thing Medium is worth running any more, but I haven't tried it lately.

5. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

How is Woodland Diplomat nowadays? He's a bit high up front, but he refunds it over time and he has Mindwipe Aura, which is a pretty much the most foolproof disable there is.

6. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

I havent tried garus since the revamp. But ur making me want to to see if they are viable.

They do lack some alt damage but kf has frostfall quiver and fire seed for that.

Detection should be no problem.

Range is limited.

Now that Garu Medium doesnt have cast Ancestral Anger, the spell should be x2 (wish it was a lil cheaper) along with Garu Medium, Shaman, Woodland Diplomat, and Garu Chosens. Garu den mother can be x2 also but its a matter of choice.

The strategy behind the Garus is to use hibernate to surprise attack opponents. The only problem is that ur a sitting duck for a couple of turns after u use it so use it wisely.

Power turns are a must for Garus. Use their high attk damage to ur advatange. Try to get off Warcries from Garu Kodiak. Finding space for 1 or 2 Elven Strategists to utilize relocate ally or foe will help get ur Garu Kodiak in to get a warcry off. This is because any good player knows to avoid Garu Kodiaks.

I think ur bg is good to start with but IMO needs some changing.

Remove the following

Ailurite Brother
    Garu Hunter
    Assuming Tree
    Garu Cub
    Mountain Garu
    Garu Hurler

Add the following

Elven Artisan (nora gen and equipment counter)
    Woodland Diplomat (Nora gen, magic attk and ok range)
    Garu Chosen (Magic Amp, Motivate)
    Grimlics Mirror( good targets are Kodiak, Den Mother , woodland, thirion, chosen/ you may even think about doing this spell x2 and remove one of the above champions to x1 if u prefer to make room for another rune)
    Elven Strategist ( battlemaster, relocate stuff for powerturns, cheap)
    Sun Blossom ( alt dmg,rng, magic aura is awesome)

So as u can see a full Garu BG just doesnt cut. You need to have other runes that arent Garus to play it effectively. In the end it all comes down to what runes u prefer. But this would be my setup if i were to build a garu bg now.

7. polltroy

Sorry, i was thinking FF. He is 7 speed, but effectively like a 5 speed champ due to the 2 ap cost to get back from corporal form. Besides, he auto looses 5 hp first round, inevitable. Last nerf was desperately done to tighten another hole of rush decks. Long live summons and 1-2 h meta games. Short live pox. :(

8. Gaedel

What about splitting Garu with IS, adding some Leoss to work with Alurite Brothers' Pride of Ailur, such as Leoss Monk, Mosharn, Bastion Remnant, Leoss Magnate, etc., the adding the IS Spell Strip Armor for nice power turns to get around the abundance of physical damage? Then to get around the lack of ranged, we could include IS Spell Glorious Charge. Thoughts?

9. ChiaoLung

Is something like this what you had in mind?

http://poxbase.com/deck/CibciyCpGck+CwXCigCkiCoqC5hs3Ws1Ys4ys31s4GsPs5VS2ts6grHe2bE_

10. Cinder405

That would be well too. The only problem with splitting with KF is that most of the champions in KF rely on 1+SPD full faction bonus. But its definately viable

11. Gaedel

I was thinking 2x Leoss Monk instead of Paragon of Ailur, maybe a Bastion Remnant and Mosharn. But yeah, that's the idea.

12. polltroy

forget the loved garu... now u can only play either summons in some form or long range plus relocate foe so u can somehow decimate enemy without coming near the hoard of summons...

13. Cinder405

14. Gaedel

I do not have a Dugon or Grimthir and have only 1 Stellar Horizon. Ideas?

15. Cinder405

Yes i have plenty. I will post something soon.It hsrd via mobile

16. Cinder405

In place of Dugon you can add Warcaller Fiorn, Kodiak, or Garu Den Mother

With Warcaller you can deal lots of damage with his Charges and you can create some crazy power turns with Horn of Kthir. His SPD is 8 with the faction bonus and he has Hibernate on base. A stealthed Warcaller is pretty scary. Hes only 85 nora with Charge 3 and Block to. can easily be 79 nora if you choose the lower ranks of his upgrades.

In place of Grimthir you can use Menalaus which hits just as hard as Grimthir. I would personally pick Regen 2 and and Heal Mass 3. Immunity Magical on base is Awesome. The first or second game I lost with this BG was actually because I was playing Menalaus and alot of the champs in the BG have Magic Attack so yeah Immunity Magical is big.

Another cheaper options for Grimthir would be Elven Mage.

Substitue a Natures Wrath for the Stellar Horizon.

Let me know if you have any other questions. And let me know how it goes with the BG