Gedden, you completely destroyed Leoss

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Baskitkase, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

And since I'm fairly certain that A) you are not even aware of what you did and B) you don't really care, I'm going to waste my time telling you how you did it so that you won't fix it.

The theme was barely holding on as it was. It was always plagued by too many expensive champs to be competitive and an overabundance of combat-related power with a deficit in support.

It could be played, but likely the early loss of an 80+ nora champ would put you down two champs to your opponent making the game nearly over.

On any fonts where you had to split your forces it was even worse as they could force a 3 champ on 2 very easily, probably even a 2 on 1 as well. Do you understand the impact of the previous sentence? If you do, then you understand that a deck needs to be flexible enough so that it can deploy towards a threat with the same opportunity of winning as represented by the threat.

The upside of the old (previous) Leoss was that they were strong enough that they could pull off an early kill and tough enough that the remaining champs would likely not be able to complete a retaliation kill. Remember that you'd likely not be able to assist this kill with a spell because of the fact that you'd have already used over 230 nora to deploy 3 champs to your opponents 210 or less. The 230 to 210 ratio is what I most commonly saw, vs SP and FS it was worse.

That was just the state of things after 3 deploys, at best. A 20 nora deficit before you even start combat is huge but the toughness and power MIGHT make up for it, depending on situation.

The average cost of a Leoss post revamp is 75.7, but if you go through and look at the most competitive upgrade sets it raises to 79.6. Prior to the revamp, the average cost of a Leoss was 80.9.

A few of them are in better shape but the deck just doesnt work anymore.

A few comments on invividual champions and abilities:

Soul of Ailur, this is not a 5 nora ability. Just the simplest research shows you that stat upgrade defense rank 2 is 4nora and is always active, yet I might sometimes get +2 defense if I'm around a Pride champ. I'd say this is worth 1-2 nora, the only reason you'd take it is to activate someone elses Pride, not because you actually want the 2 DEF.

Supports:

Magnate: Why do you force this champion to take a sandbag 10 nora ability in counter attack ranged? That makes no sense for him to have it at all, much less on base. And I HATE HATE HATE putting racial abilities on upgrades. That opens them up to strong meta presence and sacrificing other abilities to gain racials in theme. It's just bad. I'd recost Soul to 1-2, then put it on base. I'd remove Pride from upgrade line 1, move Regal Presense to line one, move Counter: Ranged to line 1 (and pull meta reports so that you can see that it is NEVER selected). Then upgrade line 2, DF3, Haste - make DF3 the default so that it will entice people to upgrade to Haste. He'll be expensive but he'll have everything he needs to support the troops.

Monk: Move either Righteous Shield Or Divert to base, then put Cleanse on line 1 to replace it, add Javelin Toss to upgrade 1. -2 DMG base, I don't get the 12 dmg here. That gives him a clear combat line, a support build or a mix.

Paragon of Ailur: Soulbound on base is pretty bad. Thats a specific module that is elsewhere available in upgrades so again, a sandbag ability if you want to use him outside the module. This champ has been mostly terrible his entire existence. When Leoss need support so bad, I don't see why. I get why you'd put those Train abilities on him but they are just terrible. It cost nora to deploy that ability and also to use that ability, max ugh. You'd have to increase their effectiveness to make them attractive. You could replace one of them with Train: Strike so that there is actually a good ability on that line. I'd move both grant reflexes and evasives to base, soul bound to line 1, prognostication to line 1.

Ranged:

Leoss Druid: Really a support/ranged hybrid since it has heal, but notice the complete lack of ranged champions in the theme so it must be included for its ranged. Tunnel Vegetation abilities are extremely overcosted. Tunnel Earth is the same cost for the ability to tunnel on Sand, Rock, Dirt and Vegetation, at less than 1/4th the effectiveness, it's the same price. Recosting those properly to 2, 4 and 6 will help bring this champions cost down to around 80.

Architect: Reclaim and Relic Defender being on the same line is a bummer, I mean, thats his whole deal. And who cares about mason? His relics are not meant to be healed, they block and fuel his relic abilities.
    I would make a special ability for this champion: When this champion is adjacent to a Barricade, it gains 2 ranged. It's as if he enteres the barricade. You'd have to take relocate relic if you really wanted to have that additional range all the time. Leoss are in dire need of some range 6, this would get them some. Then I'd toss a rank of Mason and put Reclaim up top.

You have a fatal flaw in the foundation of your cost-balancing of this game because attack magical and attack physical are costed at ZERO. This only shows itself by unfairly punishing champions without a basic attack, not allowing them to take a nora decrease from the loss of access to the most important ability (basic attack) in the game.

Archanis: Well, the above pretty much states it. How about you add attack: magical and increase his cost by zero? Yeah, its ludicrous, I agree.

Hraken: Pride on upgrades, no, fix it.

Melee:

Outrunner: 8 speed? Really? How about you give him 6 speed and access to leap 3 on upgrades, that would make him alot cheaper and more elusive.

Bloodmane: He needs evasive 2 on base. With the fact that pounce does not activate life siphon, the loss of multi attack and impatient costing him HP prior to joining battle, he just gets mowed down. I'd remove Pounce rank 1 and add Multi 1 on that upgrade. +1 Tough to base.

The rest: Not real complaints here, some of them I'd change but they are not in a terrible place. The only thing I might look to do is make Mosharn more of a badass and increase his cost.

Conclusion:

If you make racials a priority (not on upgrades, costed correctly), increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the ranged champions, give the theme access to range 6, spruce up the supports and make some minor changes to a couple of the melee, I think the theme can exist again in its high risk/high reward state of play.

Bondman007, Woffleet, Radan and 7 others like this.
  2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Replace "leoss" with "nearly every theme in the game".

We're back to all meta stuff in almost every faction, aside from a few horrendously undercosted chumps like elves. Happy Newyear!

3. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Yeah, I spent some time trying to put a thematic leoss deck together and it just doesnt work. You look at any other meta deck and it's laughable.

4. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

can't tell if satire, assuming it is

good job

TheBulwark likes this.
  5. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

The satirical is all that's left to us.

6. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

-goes to hide in a shame corner to not let anyone realize I was utterly owned and destroyed by a Leoss BG with no sign of winning against them a few days ago-

DarkJello, MEATMAN and Qucas like this.
  7. nico

nico I need me some PIE!

i agree in all you saying baskitkase, im a leoss lover, and KF hater since i begin on this game. KF always was the most OP faction of all, you know whats the problem now? all themes bg are screw, so the people begin to realize the OPness of the forest kingdom. even ST its more balanced now.... oh and mosharn lost his capacity to face an entire army, just read the description of the rune and think it

8. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Think more along the lines of how you play with what you play and how you play with Leoss. Anyone can pull a skill win with just about anything vs a lesser skilled opponent.

9. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

The good news here is that this kind of stuff is all fixable - and once we finish work on the expansion i'm sure balance and theme stuff like this is going to get some real attention in the following patches.

Woffleet and soulmilk like this.
  10. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Bakki, you can always go to Pax south and address your concerns to Gedden Directly, on top of that you get a free rune aswell! I mean he can't ignore you if you're stood right in front of him with an endless list of all the Firk ups pox has right now.

11. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

My consulting fee is 375/hr, happy to help.

12. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

how many years tho

13. soulmilk

I admit I am not a very good player, but I couldn't manage to see any outs for me. (Mosharn was the main problem.)

14. Moles

It is absolutely not going to be years. We should have a release date for Ronin to announce very soon

Woffleet, DarkJello and Goyo like this.
  15. Qucas

Qucas Guest

SoonTM

16. Moles

me and wraith have been working on pox since December 3rd, things are moving along nicely now.

Woffleet and Goyo like this.
  17. Qucas

Qucas Guest

o_O, has it really been that long already?

18. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Hey moles, do you have a Moles Crate? Are you or anyone writting this stuff down?
    The time will come when you already released the exp and you will want to start fixing this stuff but you wont be able to find them on this forums.

If you have a Crate, share it with us

19. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

It probably was frits25 you faced, he plays Leoss in a very aggressive manner, which is how they are meant to be played or at least I think so. The biggest advantage they have is 7-8 speed units which allow early contesting and fists dealing nasty amounts of damage, but as the game drags on it's easier to deal with them because they have very little support and horrible ranged units. Once you get past RD or Blizzard Cloak* or any other spell support they just become easy targets, and quite frankly the way some champions are designed does not make any sense.

It's really hard to deem something as competitive or how many roles they can fulfill when the point of comparison is KF or whatever is the current meta with the endless amount of broken champs. I dare saying THEY ARE NOT REALLY BAD but definitely could use some work to make them viable. Good call, Baskit.

soulmilk likes this.
  20. soulmilk

Won frits25
    Lost soulmilk
    1v1
    Ranked Yes
    Map Axilium (alternate)
    26.des.2014 23:16:33
    Duration 14m

Correct D: You are psychic

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014