Get fired up with BurnPyro.

Discussion in 'Training Grounds and Game Guides' started by BurnPyro, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Get out, tool. You're losing your last bits of credibility here.

Also, he was also talking about people who feel they are not good at this game and feel like improving by getting some help/advice from an experience player. So, not only new players.

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

While somewhat costy, scoundrel has an incredibly high annoyance level. He can be used a stall rune in the early game by sneaking around and forcing 1v1s (which he will most likely win) to mess up the opponent.

Totem is next to garbage with lumbering, I run one for kicks. Very rarely you actually need to deploy him, mostly when he's pressuring a font and you can just slap him down. He's got great synergy in skeezick, but being a passive lumbering champ is really harsh.

3. Sealer0

Yeah, totem strikes me as a counter rune, works against stupid Bane Shift like earth golem and peaks ifrit, and can be a great rush deterrent vs melee rush ala DEP + UD beater. Bonus points for revealing ember wasp.

I'll toy around with scoundrel.

4. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

That ship has sailed and sunk before you posted bro.

But now that an actual discussion has been opened:

@BurnPyro , what do you think of taint? I find it pretty useful for skeezick as it allows you to forget about regen upgrades, and there's fury. I find it specially good on Beezick(which u didn't put there) since fury does trigger with Locust Swarm.

My skeezick BG is more focused on the cheap guys. I did try using blackguards, but the need of keeping them together is bigger liability than the bonus of Regal Presence, specially because Blackguard is melee, so in the end I decided to exploit the Alliance ability the most I can wih cheap meat.

The most basic "combo" is having an early deploy of Warguard, because even if he doesn't deal a lot of damage he will take a long time to die, allowing the ranged champions to get some hits. When he dies I'm able to deploy wrecker with vindictive, who can dish out a lot of damage given the right situation.

I run all of them at the cheapest cost possible (cannoneer at 61 nora) so that they're somewhat expendable should they die, but still able to do a lot for their cost.

Then with Half skeezick one can have many easy opportunities for initiating a fight, specially with March of the Skeezick.

I'm sure your BG is the ideal since it allows for multiple strategies, and that's the way meta is slowly walking towards, but I may be too simple minded to try exploring so many ramifications in one battlegroup. I just felt like sharing something potentially strong, and normally very underestimated.

http://www.poxbase.com/deck/C4NCi1Cw5CtmC41C1dC8hCiJs2s8os6ws84S26s73s7uS1Hs6vrPr2qe1O

Of course the spells/equips/relics are completely up to the player(maybe not taint), as the main idea still remains. I also considered Wylder because he also goes well with Taint/Band, but 79 nora would go against the ideology of this BG.

So, do you think this BG is any good? I have played it but probably not enough.

5. Sealer0

A single beezick is questionable, 2 are just bad.

If you're gonna run so much cheap meat, use fruit.

Edit: about taint, skeezicks are so easy to one turn that it's hard to utilize regen well. Therefore, I would def not run 2x.

6. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

I see, I run him because of magic damage, free hive and debuff. But I guess it's not enough. But I don't think fruit is needed simply because they can easily get high damage. I did include Filcher when I thought I required fruit.

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Your BG could be a lot better with some minor changes.

1. Taint and beezick are garbage, don't run them. Overcosted and hardly ever make up for even a part of their cost.
    2. You need to run at least one Rioter because swarm is swarm.
    3. Two res skeezicks seems iffy, dunno. They're not that great without loyalty being broken anymore.
    4. Try to run at least doctor and/or scavenger. Sure they're out of theme, but skeezicks just don't have any real support.
    5. Rage band is somewhat okay, but I wouldn't waste the slot. Parafeedback and stunning aren't in the meta really.
    6. Always run at least 1 DB and 1 quickening in every SL bg if you want to win.
    7. Run at least 2 AoEs (acid storm and burning sands), if you can run 2 b sands. (i run sands over blister, since 40 nora AoE3 12 damage is a joke, but blister has the global option, so it's a trade-off)
    8. Skeezick revolt still gives an incredibly amount of HP and damage for it's cost, even if the other guy gains a champ
    9. Purge is okay, but it's also 50 nora. Often I find myself not running it and letting stuff die instead. It's one of those includes that you either never use or wins a game.
    10. You could give Scoundrel a shot, he's 69 nora for the dodge 1 version (73 dodge 2).

There you go, should go a long way to improving your bg.

Sirius and Lushiris like this.
  8. Sealer0

I used to think that high damage output is enough, then I met earth elementals and bouncer.

Putting in beezick because of magic damage is questionable, because apart from aa he won't kill anything incorporeal in reasonable time, unless you pump him up with band/taint/quicken which brings the cost way higher than he should cost.

Lushiris likes this.
  9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Wylder, although costy, is a decent include and paired with negamages should be enough magic damage to survive most bgs.

10. Sealer0

Wylder is great, but you do have to babysit him, cause he is paper thin. You can, however, make insane powerturns with him which can single handedly win you the game.

11. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

how to gitgud?

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Do less of you and more of me.

yes

BloodAshes, Sirius, SaintKiwi and 2 others like this.
  13. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

Burn, I like your idea, but I need to call you out on something. I did this very thing 5 months ago, and all you did was kick me to the curb. Why all of a sudden are you going to be faithful now?

Sealer0 likes this.
  14. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Well, it helps that Burn is actually good

15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

@Mister Tuggles

http://poxbase.com/deck/ckLcoJCh7CFctdc6ncjjCdtc4cjhc1tcgac4-cd1s4BsfSls6Ms4-sPs87rHrYe2Oe3ie_

This should include most of your powerhouses. Basic idea, you got your AP gen and your dwarven king warcry, win games. Other than that you have sweet support and some ridiculous tanks. I was looking to include 2x fist and maybe drop a serg or euan, not too sure. You should get a taste for what champs you do and don't like with this bg, you can adjust accordingly. Spellset is fairly basic and should give you a set of allround tools to deal with most situations.

I ended up not including the gargoyles, dunno, champ spots were tight. I could be wrong. I'm by no means the best IS bg builder.

Feel free to ask away further questions

16. KPIC

Can you suggest a C/U only build for SL that will win?

17. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I would have to see my exact wording, I'm sure I had a reason.

Anything can win, the only question is in what level of play and what player is playing it. So yeah

18. KPIC

Okay, great reply, but where is the build? Will you post one?

19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I'm in a game with a guy im helping, I'll get on it when I finish things up.

20. KPIC

Thank you.