Get fired up with BurnPyro.

Discussion in 'Training Grounds and Game Guides' started by BurnPyro, Jan 17, 2015.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

anything goes

2. Qucas

Qucas Guest

3. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Non-existant, apparently.

4. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Poxbase must be bugged atm

5. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Ha! It got hit by the censor!

6. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Keeps putting Firk in the link

7. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

http://poxbase.com/deck/CwxClpCloCq-ClLClic6ZCVC5Vs1s6TsqS33S34s54rGr2HrWEZ

1) I am not sure whether I want to run Behemoth or Firk Mimic. Behemoth has more internal synergy but Mimic is way tougher to kill with tough 3. Maybe Behemoth would work better with Life Siphon?

2) I am not sure whether to run the Taplash module or not. On the one hand it is pretty cool, on the other hand it prevents me from running Essence Capture on the Executor and with only 2 backlash units in FS it lacks consistency.

8. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

@BurnPyro /whisper I am new/bad and feel like improving.

BurnPyro likes this.
  9. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

10. Qucas

Qucas Guest

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Haven't been paying too much attention. League promotion matches got me.

Anyhow, going to look through this thread now.

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

1) The mimic has no synergy whatsoever and doesn't do psychic damage. Behemoth does loads, keep him in.

I wouldn't run the backlash in here. Just not enough soultap to make it worth your while. And essence capture is jokes, yup.

I'd say champ wise you're looking pretty hot. I would consider running savants for magic damage over the spellblaster. Spellblaster is alright, but it doesn't always do magic damage and it's 1-2 range isn't shocking. 44 hp 0 defense melee isn't going to rock your world with mediocre abilities. You can run savant for 79 nora with teleport 1 (still 8 movement so you can get some fontgrabs early).

Get rid of the garnet. And I'm not sure if I would run double font errupt in a firk deck. Lotta slots. Maybe just run one savant and no spellblasters to make some more space. You run firk psion with magical attack for cheap anyhow. Try and get a monsoon in there, just for the grounded/cc/damage. Always useful. One pygmy stampede is probably still worth it.

Also WHERE IS THE DOUBLE NORAWEAVE? Noraweave right now seems pretty 2x auto since it's half chain able.

I'd also consider running a tome of the arcanis because you have so many wizards in your bg. Gives you an easy way to deal with ubertanks.

Prioritize getting about 14-15 champs in FS. Defo need nora weaves in there. A monsoon or stampede, for damages. And your tome of the arcanis, if you feel like it.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

You NEED a bureaucrat in there. Incredibly strong/boderline OP champ. Same with illusionist. Illusions just waste so much time/AP if the opponent doesn't have hardcounters. Need taskmaster for commander Elf. Don't run sizzlechest, run vindicator instead. Such a potent allround rune. I feel like your arrowsinger is just too costy. Forest giants are cool, forgot about those.

If you don't want to take out much, at least run the bureaucrat and the taskmaster. Their impact on the game is amazing.

I wouldn't run burning oak seed. Just waste of a slot really. Run frostquiver instead if you want another equip. Time slip and natures wrath come handy to deal with superchamps and whatnot. (mostly use time slip on opponents champs to lock them down and one turn).

I dislike the distinct lack of AoE in a KF bg. I feel like you're focussing a lot on lexicon while you shouldn't have to. It's not good enough to handicap your bg to such an extend to run so many equips and forget about your amazing spellset.

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

This bg is incomplete (if I have the right one, 27 runes right?)

What do you want from the bg? It seems pretty semi-aquatic ish right now. You defo want slipwater at least 1x in there btw. Do you wanna run full semi/aquatics or?

15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

First of all you'll want 2 mindshredders, do you the FS exo? I'd take out one or two lower beasts of sheoul, they're not that amazing and psions have backlash. Draws are important though, eh.

Looks like a pretty interesting version of the FS/UD psychic. Don't really know what to tell ya. Looks good otherwise, what did you have in mind for the spellset? Need any help there?

16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Btw, @BurnPyro me if you post in here. That way I instantly see it when I log on, makes it a lot easier for me to get to your posts.

Also, try and write in short lines what you want from the bg. As in, do you want to camp/rush/play agressive, do X, Y, or Z. Makes it easier for me to understand what you might and might not want in that bg :)

Thankses.

17. Qucas

Qucas Guest

The new FS exo? I have two of them. Have the mindshredders too, will put those in there. Haven't decided on the spells yet, probably a couple psychic blast, hippo stampede, and the psychic dmg spells from UD.

18. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

@BurnPyro I will try out the changes you suggested, but I admit I am hesitant to go below 16 champs. Also I have not been using the savant because I was trying to maximize the number of attack: psychic champs for internal synergy. Spellblaster gives alt damage while still having attack: psychic base.

19. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

is this what you're still running?

20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Run the new exos if you can, they're totes ballers.

Don't forget mindslicer boomerangs are psychic damage. (keep in mind that firk mask gives imm psychic so some champs won't charge up the boomerang). I'd run one sacrifice for sure in there. Probably a retri too. Just cause. Orb of deception for anti AoE and range.