Get fired up with BurnPyro.

Discussion in 'Training Grounds and Game Guides' started by BurnPyro, Jan 17, 2015.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

that was pre-revamp, got this now
    skeezick.png

Lots better, faster, cheaper, STRONGER.

I ended up taking the doctor out. ((and scavengger cause it got fked). Never really seemed to deploy it when it mattered in skeezick.

2. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

skeezick trapper worth shoving in somewhere? I don't really care for rioter much so I put in a drummer.

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

trapper is lols because you can't force him to get in the traps

drummer is meh, useless aside for drum. Just DB or march instead. Oh and if you don't run rioter, you might as well give up on skeezick. That guy was skeezick for the longest time.

4. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

oh wait no I meant trapsmith since he has detection. as for rioter, i've tried out a few games with drummer and hardly use him anyways so w/e i'll throw rioter in

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

trapsmith same garbage

iiiioooque likes this.
  6. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

sweet, don't have to make room for him then

7. iiiioooque

iiiioooque The King of Potatoes

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

skeezick.png

This is what I'm using. Now you don't need 2x resilient skeezick. He's good and all, but kinda pricey for what he does and 1 generally does the trick. You really should run 2x warguard and 2x wrecker. They're incredibly cheap (50ish nora) and they're so durable and annoying. Amazing champs. Don't run grunts, they're cheap but they kill themselves so fast they never pay their price off. Ripper is basically a costier and little faster version of warguard, wouldn't run it.

You can run wylder if you feel like it, costy though. I use greeting on totem when I really need the detection. Mind you, blister isn't bad at all. I wouldn't say waylay is that good anymore after the nerfs, but good enough for 1x include.

Ditch the rageband btw, it looks good on paper and can be good if your opponent doesn't kill your cannons or so, but it's an incredibly overrated equip that you never should run.

As a rule of tumb in SL, don't run relics or equips except hive and banner. There are a few exeptions for themes, but that's it. I'd take out the 2nd quicken and put a revolt in. It's still pretty good (works when you're transfigured as well, won me a game the other day). Double quicken rarely needed when burning sands is so damn cheap.

Does this answer your questions?

iiiioooque and xezno like this.
  9. iiiioooque

You did answer them all, thanks.

I guess your some of suggestions are also based on the style of play that you're used too.
    At least on the grunt/ripper vs. warguard, I still need to try it, but i'm guessing that i'll be speed ***** by most of the factions in game. At least for me, it has been working having at least 2x "7" speed creatures.

Didn't know revolt worked on transfigured, that changes quite a bit.

Thanks a lot for the help man ;) keep it up.

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Skeezick tend to work best with cheap meat for melees. Spam as much champs out to get the most of your bonus. 5 speed gets some getting used to, true.

iiiioooque likes this.
  11. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Do you have an LL to hold runes?

12. Qucas

Qucas Guest

How's this?

http://poxbase.com/deck/CwxClpCloCq-ClLClTch@CaUCfBs4@s2ls6ls86s8XsOsAS1lr39r20EZ

Not sure about red sands but it sounds useful, added fireblast to help heal the orb.

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Red sands seems really annoying when used in the right circumstances. I'm wondering if it would be worth putting an Argol in. Doesn't do well with the theme of soutapped, but psychic is her thing though. Ditch the purefire and probably the fading recollection. Not sure if you really wanna use FR much in the current meta. A second mindslicer wouldn't hurt. Another sacrifice never killed anyone either.

Try getting an FS banner in there, most of your champs are from FS, it's still worth. You could try grabbing a chillshard if you still have the spaces somewhere.

If you would have to ditch champs at some point, your deck could stand to lose a mindcaller or a schemer. 4 champs with psychic anguish seems more than enough. Actually, it's probably worth trying out ditching both mindcallers for argol and a chillshard. DoTs on all your damage is pretty bonkers.

Btw keep in mind that superiority will hit half your champs as well, as they're not all one race. So that one could be tricky.

Anyhow, I'd give the deck a go and see what you like. See what works and what doesn't and make some changes accordingly.

14. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

Naamloos.png

Hi @BurnPyro,

How is this as an attempt to combine minos and fire? My idea was to rush (I mostly do) or to gather a few champs and then jump in with a door and wreck havoc.

15. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

You can probably just try to 2x all the Fire Minos, add Grimlic (already a thing in some Mino decks) and Ruby Catalyst(!). Alongside Fireblast, Tinder Box and Orb of Protection, I think that should be enough Fire synergy. You won't have the Fire Amp, but I think the deck would be stronger.

16. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

I thought the liches are were good for fire amp, set ablaze, magic damage and with fire acolyte they are a good target for the flame siphon.

17. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

They are.

18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I have no experience with this page, so keep that in mind. It does look really interesting though. I think that as long as you run 2x Stoker, you're set. Pretty sick he is. You might want to run some extra AoEs though. A second fireblast maybe. Not sure I'd run 2 dim doors, but try it out!

I feel like this bg, and just new ideas in general, you'll have to play with it for a couple of games and find out what works. Do I have enough support spells? Too much champs? More AoEs?

I'd like to note, nefari siphons are stupidly good and if you can fit them in please do so. Especially in combination with stoker, they're just great. Flame siphon is stupidly good.

19. iiiioooque

20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

draksar.png

This is what I'm using atm. I could maybe put another spellsword in there, but that's about it. Draks lord is key. Other than that, your basic spellset and adaption for draksar with chan violence and ferocity.

Don't run equips in SL. Just don't.

Draksar don't do rushing that well. I mean everything can rush, but you're still more of a phalanx kind of style to be successful.

Questions?