GG net neutrality

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BurnPyro, Dec 14, 2017.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

You guys are the reason we can't have nice things.

Geressen likes this.
  2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

'Merica, land of the pretty useless.

3. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

From a discussion I had with friends:
    [​IMG]

SireofSuns likes this.
  4. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

What if they went the EA route, you guys?

Introducing browsing loot boxes! Just purchase this loot box and get access to a bunch of random websites and services! This gives internet users a sense of pride and accomplishment! Yay!!

5. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

you let them get a little further everytime.
    like nazis.
    punch that Bane Shift into the Firking ground.

Vash Dragneel likes this.
  6. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

keep government out of business. we dont need more corruption. the reason we have ISP monopolies in the first place is exclusive regional deals by corrupt governments. stop giving the government more power over us

7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

We have ISP monopolies because the government considers 1.5 Mbps DSL legitimate competition to 100 Mbps Cable and doesn't punish the ISP for it.

8. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Verizon to FCC: I want to slow down acces to things that didn't pay me and speed it up to things that are sponsored and Bane Shift
    FCC to verizon: you can't do that
    verizon to FCC: you don't have the authority to determine that based on the current classification of the internet
    FCC to verizon: you are right .... *reclassifies internet* problem solved.

*some time later*

Bane Shift pie: "Hi im the new FCC head person I used to work for Verizon as a lawyer!
    ... there is ... NO reason.... why the internet was reclasified as this other thing and this harms ... businesses.... we should deregulate it for.... reeeaaasons."
    other people: "are you sure there is no reason it was ever reclasified?"
    Bane Shift pie:"..... it is a mystery...."

Newsbuff :"well that sounds completely like what how it should have been because I love sponsored content! and having people I don't know and shouldn't trust determine which news and things on the internet I get to see"

9. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

you're god damned right i don't want a gov't agency overseeing the internet. i trust gov't way less than i trust corporations. deregulate everything. privatize everything.

10. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

newsy, there was an article in some satire machine or another some months ago about a libertarian paradise in which pretty much everything had to have a quarter inserted before it would function.

is that your dream world?

11. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

Dagda and badgerale like this.
  12. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

have your poisonous water and food and eat it too.

13. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Many Americans are so scared of government that they prefer government can't even create regulations that help competition and the free market function like NN does. Instead, they are content to let corporations squeeze every ounce of profit they can (for example, record profits for corporations, but apparently THEY need MORE tax breaks so that they can create jobs) by being able to collude with other large corporations to the detriment of competition and innovation.

Just follow the money. All the large ISPs support repeal of NN. Do you think they are doing this because they believe it'll create more competition against themselves? LMAO.

There are actually regulations/deals that are anti-competitive - but Trump/Pai/Republicans aren't going after those, are they? Why not? Because at the end of the day, these guys aren't working for the free market or the consumer, they get paid by the corporations.

It's just nuts when so many Americans care more about the "team" or superficial reflection of their ideology than they do about the ACTUAL impacts of policy in the real world.

BurnPyro, Vash Dragneel and Geressen like this.
  14. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Bread and circuses.

Vash Dragneel and Geressen like this.
  15. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

16. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

This is one time I actually mostly agree with you politically.
    It's why I am a centrist (sorta).

I maybe support 50% of the things Trump does. His appointment of Pai was not one of them. Actually, I dislike most of his appointments. I think he assumed that having more business people like himself would be good. It wasn't. Duh.

And I REALLY dislike a lot of the Republicans in Congress. Well, I don't like Congress in general. I want it to be cleaned out and have new elections for the positions, with short term limits (I'm fairly extreme, I'd like a 2 year term limit for them).

I would like more tax breaks for small businesses, to make it easier for them to compete, but most large ones don't need it.

I argued for so long with an Anarcho Capitilist about this, he couldn't understand why getting rid of N.N. was a bad idea.