G'hern Helm on a Moga

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Godfrog, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Godfrog

Godfrog The King of Potatoes

So I'm not sure if it's a bug or if it's meant to be as it is but something I've noticed while playing my Moga bg is that G'hern Helm doesn't sate the equiped Moga's G'hernound (if it has it). I think the equipped Moga should either lose G'hernbound while equipped or at least not suffer the penalties. Not only does the equipped champion get the race G'hern, but it gains Overseer: Moga, so I don't think the negative effects of G'hernbound should still be in place when equipped to a Moga.

It's not a huge issue, and might not even be an issue at all, but for the first to rounds, if I can't reveal a rune with Overseer: Moga, but I do get G'hern Helm for some reason, it'd be nice for the turn one Moga to not suffer the speed reduction.

2. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

Helm has never negated G'hernbound on the equipped unit, and I've always thought it should.

If it ever gets a change, it could be something like:

This champion loses G'hernbound, gains 2 additional ranks of Overseer: Moga, and gains: Bulwark: Moga.

Cost to 35.
    Bulwark gives the equipped unit a boost in defenses, and since having the equip is going to put a big red target on your equipped Moga's head, you'll want that extra 20 HP and 3 DEF (example). A lot. Sure, you can drop this on a key G'hern, strictly for a burst of defense, but... 35 nora. That was kinda my reasoning for upping the cost.

Losing G'hernbound is just a given. I don't play Moga, admittedly. Any Moga players have any thoughts on this?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  3. allyorbase

Honestly, they could simply be destroyed after so many turns in play, and a portion of their cost could be refunded. Scarecrows, especially.

4. Godfrog

It'd just be nice to see it get fixed up a bit.

5. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Can you imagine the power frenzy a moga would experiment while wearing the skull of a ghern and having his people obey him? imagine the little *******, drunk with power and abusing it untill he's killed or his head explodes out of the sheer sadistic pleasure of commanding once in his life.

Woffleet likes this.
  6. Godfrog

For some reason I was just thinking about this and I'd really like to see G'hern Helm upgraded, but instead of Bulwark: Moga, wouldnt Bulwark: G'hern be a little more fair? There's generally less G'herns in a Moga bg than Mogas, and it would be less ridiculous.

7. allyorbase

Effect:
    Equipped owned champion loses G'hernbound, gains 2 additional ranks of Overseer: Moga, Bulwark: Moga, and Short Lived 2.

Flavor Text change:
    A ruse can only last for so long -- granted, they last a bit longer among Moga...

GabrielQ and Woffleet like this.
  8. allyorbase

So, my 100%-serious submission for changes to G'hern Helm and G'hern Scarecrow are...

G'hern Helm
    Cost: 30 (same)
    Effect: Equipped Moga's race becomes G'hern, it loses G'hernbound, and it gains Overseer: Moga 2, Bulwark: Moga, Pawn, and Short-Lived 2.
    Flavor: A ruse can only last for so long -- granted, they tend to last a bit longer with Moga...
    Why: Expensive for what you get, currently. This change requires a Moga target, and it adds some actual meat to the wielder, at the dismissible cost of a dead moga, some rounds later.

G'hern Scarecrow
    Cost: 25 --> 20
    HP: 20 --> 15
    Effect: This unit has Overseer: Moga 3. After 4 turns in play, this unit is destroyed.
    Why: The main issue with Scarecrow now is that it sucks. It is expensive for what it brings, and it doesn't move around. These changes make it more flexible. It destroys itself and returns to CD of 4 over and over, and is cheap enough to rinse and repeat. It can still be a decent, cheap little font contester, to boot.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014