Glarewing

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Zythraak, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Zythraak

Zythraak The King of Potatoes

What do you all think of it? I don't particularly like it myself, serves no unique niche, and it's a high nora cost.

2. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

That sprite is just the worst. Cool avatar, btw.

3. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

4. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

Would I love to strip it down and start over? Absolutely. Is it good? Probably runnable if you want to use a lot of ranged voil in your deck.

5. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

Why is dragonbark and minotaur both 72 nora and this guy costs 77 nora? And grenadier is 83 nora... I don't get how they value the base stats.

77 nora for a guy who blinds with divert/dodge/avoiding attack once for Blinding to occur... in a meta filled with summons and spawns? No thanks.

6. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

The flavortext... Doesn't seem right..
    "Being totally blind, Voil are not effected by light at all"
    This sentence have 2 mistakes. Many voil have vision. (Otherwise, look at Sceian and tell me why he have an opening for his eyes on his helmet)
    Though it's possible I am mistaken about this fact. Maybe it's supposed to say "Many voil" or "This voil."
    2nd thing is that it's supposed to say affected, not effected.
    The word "it" in "It its skin" shouldn't be there.

RedScarlet likes this.
  7. RedScarlet

I think he should get something like:

Voil Glarewing
    Race: Voil, Class: N/A, Nora: XX, Faction: SP
    10/6/3-4/1/45

Base Abilities:
    Attack: Sonic
    Sonic Flight
    Deflect

Upgrade 1
    (melee) (range) (offense)
    Dazzling / Blinding / Blind

Upgrade 2
    Detection 2 / Illuminate / Swoop

so the problem I found by playing this guy is:
    1. Blinding vs Melee, even though they're blinded, I still have to disengage myself. With a 3-4 range, most likely I'll be spending my time running away and deflecting shet against most champs.

2. Illuminate vs Detection, while I understand that you've to detect first then illuminate so they won't stealth anymore.... its just REDUNDANT. I usually guess where the enemy is, hit them once with Illuminate, so its semi-Detection by itself. Getting both of them on the same champion is such a waste of nora, and design. Opponent can't even stealth while under Detection area, so whats the use of Illuminate other than semi-Shred Defense

Suggestions--> Swoop + Dazzling is a cool combination
    Blind + Detection 2 can make him a semi support that just debuffs an opponents

8. Zythraak

Thanks!

I like the idea of a voil with Swoop, perhaps, swoop and majestic? Would make sense to awestruck enemies with light..and let's keep in mind, if we use deflect as an upgrade, he costs 83 nora. I obtained two of these, and I will not be running either. He is absolutely useless. Why would I want to deploy him over any other ranged voil? My transporters have detection...I don't particularly care for detection on a ranged unit anyway. That should be for melees.

9. RedScarlet

ya true I guess awestruck makes sense unless the melee unit has a pair of black sunglasses they can use

and yea detection on range units is awkward. most stealth champs are melee anyways. why'd u wanna get close to em lol

10. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Well, you can probably see why KF one is 72 nora given that it sits in your deployment zone for 4 turns before doing anything. But the mino does look undercosted and more than the pricetag the rune is just bland here.

11. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

I aint gonna be running it. I have two screechers already and a transporter for detection. This guy just doesn't add anything special

12. Zythraak

I didn't think voil were blind, either...

13. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

Switch Blinding to Solar Beam on base, Upgrade path 2 to Blinding/Sonic Roar (-3 Nora)/Detection 2 (-4 Nora)
    Gives Voil an indirect damage source and makes sense. Also, I want to say Zubat, Solar Beam!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
    soulmilk likes this.