Gnarlwood Vinemaster

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Ifem21, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

So, I was thinking in a rune that can help the treefolk theme. We know that they are a slow theme, with lot's of boost and buff for them, and this champion is to fulfill the role of slow down the oponent while your others treefolk come, and attack:

Gnarlwood Vinemaster:
    Rarity: rare or exotic
    Nora cost: ?
    Size: 2x2
    DMG 8
    SPD 5
    DFS 2
    RNG 1-2
    HP 52
    [​IMG]
    Flavor text: "You can't escape from the forest, the trees always get you!"

Base:
    Atk: Physical
    Take Root
    Plant Regeneration 2
    Fire Vulnerability
    *Vine Field (AP:3 CD:4): all opposing champions that enters or within 4 spaces of this champion, becomes Ensared 2 (Each moviment cost an additional 2 AP). This abillity not affect units with flying or unstopable. This abillity is stopped if the user move or is stunned:

SET 1:
    Knockback 1, 2, 3
    SET 2:
    Unstopable, Resistance Physical 3, Resistance Magical 3

So, what do you guys think? Any suggestion?

2. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

I like it. Simple, but good and unique. :D

1) I'm unclear as to what the last line on Vine Field means or what it's purpose is. I think just ensnaring non-flying, non-unstoppable champs that move in his radius is straightforward enough.

2) Range 3-4 would be nice. It would allow him to attack units he has stopped at the edge of his Vine Field more easily. Looking at the theme, there are numerous physical melee treefolk already, but the selection of mid-range champs is lacking (especially with many being changed from 1-3 to 1-2 and the removal of Improve Range).

Ifem21 and Woffleet like this.
  3. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

The last line was supposed to say, that flying and unstoable units aren't affected by the ability, and that if the Gnarlwood Vinemaster moves, the ability is canceled, and need to be used again, but it will continue so far as he stay in the same place.

About the range, I put 1-2 because he need to stay in the same place to Vine Field work, so he will also Take Root, wich increase his range. Change to, maybe 2-4?

And what about the upgrades set? it's fine? I put Knockback because he can use it to throw some enemy back. I'm thinking about Wind Aura, this will make all of flying units become ensared as well, what do you think?