Gobberlins!?

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by potatonuts, May 28, 2016.

1. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

Well, he isn't a *true* king like you. I spotted him in global chat trying to sell it for a harbinger. A HARB! This thing wouldn't be worth that little if there were twice as many of them. So clearly you are the one who deserves the title.
    Personally I'd say if hes going to sell it, he should find a way to sell to you. So you have a full set.

Kampel likes this.
  2. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Remember that a King is just a figurehead, sometimes you just have to rule by committee.

[​IMG]

Qucas, 19madfox95 and Kampel like this.
  3. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

saw davre winning a game versus ST last night until he stole amplify frost on all his gobs, putting it at +50%. his opponent then proceeded to nuke him with frost dmg.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
    Qucas, Woffleet, Fentum and 2 others like this.
  4. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

happend to me too once :(

5. davre

[​IMG]

Qucas, badgerale and Kampel like this.
  6. Godfrog

Godfrog The King of Potatoes

Anyone have a BG that I can get me peepers on? I'm trying to shape up a goblin BG right now, but I don't feel that it's structured properly at all.

7. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

I'd love to help you but I have no idea how to cut and paste my BG. It is a lot of fun and very unpredictable. It looks something like this...

Lots of Gobbos, at least one of each.
    2x most, other than sticky-fingers and the rock gang x1
    Banner
    Orb of protection
    Drain vitality x 2
    Superiority X 2
    Fading recollection
    Shatter
    Sac
    Arachnablade (for the collector)
    Avarice (for a king or Gloombringer or utility kill)
    Couple other runes

I try to deploy Gloombringer or Spellkaiser or second King after first king.

If I want it to be a little more competitive, then I add a Bok Warden, an Ireguard and a Harby.

8. 19madfox95

19madfox95 I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]
    Having fun with this deck, am probably missing Avarice though and not sure of some spells such as Drain Vitality as I just changed it from spells I did not use at all before, just to give it a try.

9. Fentum

Nice deck and very similar. I don't reckon you need demolish when you have that rock gang.

I prefer the double superiority rather than echoes in a pure deck. Just watch for spiders.

Maybe swap avarice for mandate? Or the cloak? Cloak is lovely with arrow eater and very versatile, but avarice kills champs. Especially on an encouragd king.

Drain Vitality is truly excellent with GOBBOS. And it stacks...

Wait! No Goblin Brutes? Always take two!

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  10. 19madfox95

19madfox95 I need me some PIE!

Are goblin brutes really that useful? I guess I missed something about them, what should i swap them out with?

Also Avarice will be included soon... Whenever I get my hands on them.

And I guess you are right about not needing Demolish, will do the change.

Fentum likes this.
  11. davre

Goblin brutes are very underrated IMO. I take bravery and thievery on them and they are one of my top choices to deploy after the King since he's happy with thievery, bravery, or pummel. They are solid, dependable melee beaters.

19madfox95 and Fentum like this.
  12. Fentum

What Davre said. I take one with thievery and one with call to arms. Always a tough choice. Though my fave build is multi attack 1, call to arms and pummel at 61 Nora. Cheap whirling frenzy of goblin death.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
    19madfox95 likes this.
  13. Fentum

Hey, Madfox, if you see me on the boards, link up for a game. I'm often in unranked, messing about with ideas. Happy to help in any way.

19madfox95 likes this.
  14. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Faced gobbos last night. Guy didnt steal any good abilities but they still put up a great fight. Surprised me.

Fentum likes this.
  15. Fentum

Although the GOBBOS don't really have synergy in theme, a couple of UD staples work well.

Sac or retri on the cropstick with bile explosion.

Arachnablade for the collector to power up and then he reclaims the egg immediately. Also the spiders make good targets for the king's drain.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  16. Scrijordan

Scrijordan I need me some PIE!

hey anyone on here have a goblin bg

17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Macca said he fought Goblins once and they stole Devour Life from Essence Devourer. Only one goblin survived the mad end-of-turn feast.

DrakeArron, Fentum and darklord48 like this.