Graveyard

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fogandsteel, May 16, 2017.

1. fogandsteel

fogandsteel I need me some PIE!

The units that Graveyard spawns should be summons: they should not be able to capture fonts.

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  2. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

aint gonna happen.

3. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

They should be, and I'm sure it will happen at some point.

4. Durand

Durand Active Member

I'm still new to Pox Nora, but I would compare it to, for example, Unassuming Tree. The word "spawned" ≠ "summoned", therefore it seems to work as intended.

5. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

well for example lets talk about the myriad of abilities and spells that would stop working effectively and never be seen if you made graveyard skeletons summons instead of real.
    example one grim harvest.
    its near unusable in its current state since you need 6 nora globes all lined up for it work.
    now how would you go about getting these 6 nora globes without graveyard existing?
    well as it is now with graveyard you can also run a sacrificial altar and slowly but surely sacrifice each skeleton to eventually get a perfect grim harvest.
    thats just one combo going on with graveyard.

we can talk about foul rite.
    which will end up being completely useless as a spell if graveyard is changed.

or we can talk about death benefit decks in general.
    both in split decks and full faction.
    most of which crutch on graveyard.
    so most likely graveyard IS never going to be changed.
    as its crutched on by far too many different decks.
    and those are just the ones i can think of.
    there are probably even more!

6. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

It is working as intended, but recently they went balls to the wall against relics and various other things that made real champs even though they were not deployed from runedock. A few things passed through the gaps and I assume graveyard was one of them.

7. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Essesnse devourer.

Just give the spawns font ignorance and reduce graveyard cost by 10 nora.

8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It is currently considered WAI. It did not slip through the cracks but was a deliberate decision in this case.

Last edited: May 16, 2017
    super71 likes this.
  9. DiCEM0nEY

I mostly use it for first turn deploys, and to combo it with dark rising / use for a font contest. The units themselves are pretty weak for the investment, aside from the fact they are counted as real.

10. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

The way I see it, death benefit mechanics are actually limited by the existence of graveyard as a source of 'free' real champs. If graveyard changed to summons, spells like foul rite would get reworked to compensate. For example, foul rite could give +10 hp and +3 damage per sacrificed champ, since those champions would have to be paid for with nora (probably a minimum of 30 nora per champ).

11. DiCEM0nEY

Foul rite will always favour killing cheap units over expensive. It really won't change anything design wise, and it is actually easier to balance these runes with graveyard in mind

12. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I don't necessarily disagree. The problem is that you can't change one without fixing the other stuff at the same time, so it's something of a package deal and alters a lot of things at once.

13. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Don't mind graveyard, if we're gonna nerf something go for that bazaar. It is annoying though when opponents fly over a chasm or lava and drop a graveyard with a real champ and take the font, most games I surrender on that note.

14. DukeofDunks

DukeofDunks I need me some PIE!

ED will actually quite happily eat summons over real units if their hp is lower.