griffon sigil

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ujelly, Dec 11, 2015.

1. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Not worth running at 25 nora. Barely runnable right now as it has no direct applicable use other than to apply impenetrable and delayed cleansing aura is mediocre at best. Previous to relic changes sacred temple was good for its hp/nora ratio when it had 30 hps for 20 nora with only cleansing aura. Exciting can't wait to see what fs runes little noob Maleficiaes cry about next week. Did you guys want to take a stab at Turtle Rider cuz damn he is starting to look like he needs nerfing when someone is crying about sacred temple.

2. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Are you mad?

3. Osidan

Osidan I need me some PIE!

We're talking a 5 nora difference. No need to go full apeshit on us. One more post of that nature and you're on my ignore list.

4. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Dude the last few weeks have been endless "NERF FS!" threads. I am no reacting like prof is, but I can totally see how something like requesting a nerf for something innocuus like sacred temple would push prof over the edge.

5. Osidan

You have to be able to accept that other players have different opinions without starting to cry "noob Maleficiaes rofl". We think Sacred Temple is slightly over the top and request a +5 modifier. It's not the end of the world. Other relics could probably use the same adjustment and that's something we're missing here but it's not a huge nerf or anything. So there's a lot of fuss over even the slightest adjustment and the tone is definitely not appropriate.

6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Whats the problem with Sacred Temple? It isnt a viable cleanse option.

7. Osidan

I thought it did too much for 20 nora and suggested a cost increase by 5.

8. doubtofbuddha

The entire theme of the forums right now is "NERF FS! NERF IT ALL! NERF EVEN THIS THING THAT DOES NOT NEED A NERF" So while I do not agree with prof's tone, I do share his general saltiness about FS being targetted with endless smacks of the nerf bat when there are things that are equally if not even more over the top in other factions that are pretty much just being ignored.

So yeah a bunch of things could survive a +5 nora modifier and still be fine. That does not mean it deserves it, and I have yet to see any conclusive evidence that what it provides is more than a 20 nora relic should give. You are just saying, "It does too much! It is very strong and would probably be fine at 25 nora." You are going to need more of an argument than that to be convincing.

9. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

It doesnt cleanse upon deploy so it does far less than something like Cleansing Emerald.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  10. Osidan

We both know what abilities it has and have a different judgement on the value. I find Cleansing Aura to be useful, despite the delay, as it repeatedly prevents dots, debuffs and CC in the area. Premonition is another way to prevent CC from happening since those abilities can't target your champions. Furthermore, I think that a 20 HP relic for 20 nora is too good, since contesting a font drains 12 nora per turn. Obviously there are other relics at 20 nora, as you pointed out, and those would probably need adjustment in order for this to be balanced. But 25 nora for a 20 HP relic is still good enough in my book.

On the other point you brought up: I did not mean to target FS specifically, I just came across the rune and had a feeling that it's too good so I brought that up. 20 nora for a 20 HP relic seems too good in my book so that extends to the other relics at that cost, without going into detail.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  11. doubtofbuddha

It is kind of inconsistent on preventing dots, for reasons that I still find somewhat confusing. Probably because I have not looked at @kalasle's ordering guide recently enough.

And the problem with something like Sacred Temple vs. something like Cleansing Emerald or basically any other sort of spot cleanse is that while it may protect you from some forms of built in crowd control, mostly what it means is that opponents are either just not going to use it, which mostly means you slightly limit their options rather than actually preventing them from pulling out their plan. Your opponent has essential control over how useful it is. This is probably(?) why @profhulk was saying it would no longer be worth it at 25. Who wants to spend that much nora for something your opponent has control over?

On top of that your assertion that 20 hps for 20 nora is too much is out of line with the reality of how many hps a 20 nora relic gets. There are currently 39 20 nora relics (which are pretty evenly divided over the factions, the only ones who do not have 5 are KF with 6 and SL with 3), and of them 33 have 20 hps. The exceptions are generally traps (with 15 hps), with the others being the meat pie with 10 hps (meant to be consumed), and swamp warts, also with 15 hps (hp is used to turn poison dmg to fire).

So 20 hps for 20 nora is not really out of line with how relics are really costed in this game. 20 hps for 20 nora is the norm. And saying that the abilities that sacred temple provides are out of line is ignoring the reality of the limitations of this relic and of other relics at a similar price point. Sacred Temple is not that amazing, either from an absolute or a relative perspective. I do end up running it in most of my FS bgs, but that speaks more to how bad the cleansing options are in FS than due to any particular feeling that it is amazing. I would happily change it for one of the good cleanse options available for the other protectorate factions, SP, or SL.

12. Osidan

It prevents CC from happening in a situation where your opponent would like to be able to use those abilities. Sure, instead they can attack now, so I guess you're right - they have an alternative. At least those support champs with an attack ability. All in all seeing as 20 Nora for 20 HP is the norm, Sacred Temple is probably fine the way it is. I guess it would be too much to ask to change 39 20 nora relics to 25 nora just because of my opinion. Thanks for your time.

13. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

I think the relic is way to efficient as well. The abilities the relics has+ the hp the relic has≠the relics nora cost.