grimlic THIS IS A NERF THREAD

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super71, May 8, 2017.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I just hate grimlic, his damage in combination with his regen and deception is probably the most annoying overpowered ranged unit in the game right now.

16 damage from range 6 makes me wanna lose my Bane Shift, and you can never reach grimlic because he infinitely teleports away and creates 3 little shits to deal with. Also his firebombs are like pre-nerf vindrax acid bombs.....

2. super71

The whole illusion thing as a whole is getting annoying, played a game earlier where I killed my opponents vashal mirror blade and all his 25 illusions were still running around. I always remembered it being as soon as you destroyed the champ that summoned the illusions they disappeared.

3. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

Grimlic is just stupidly OP.

super71 likes this.
  4. super71

I could deal with the regen and crazy damage, but the thing that gets me is the new deception.

Grimlic 1

10 damage
    6 or 7 speed depends on how strong he is with 8 speed with intensify
    1-3 range
    1 defense
    50 health

Upgrade line 1- flame acolyte, regen 2, fire eater
    upgrade line 2- intensify because in his description he talks about ascending, flame armor, lava fall 2

Base abilities

attack: fire
    Hero
    fire aura

Grimlic 2

10 damage
    7 speed
    1-4 range
    1 defense
    49 health

Upgrade line 1- fire eater, flame armor, Reborn in lava- Just renaming lava born cause this sounds cooler.
    Upgrade line 2- void shield, mark of osarius, cast cauterize or quest damage

Base abilities

Attack: fire
    Hero
    burn 2

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  5. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

Old deception used to cleanse him, lost that and got a ghetto teleport instead?

I do agree illusions should die when the source dies though.

6. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

wait can somebody please mention how this will cause new players to quit

nepyonisdead and Etherielin like this.
  7. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Have they changed grimlic last week? Or have an UD player finally learned how to use him and beat the crap out of...

nepyonisdead likes this.
  8. super71

It's much more powerful now than it ever was even without the cleanse.

9. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

hmmm.....well I guess they might quit after he cleans their board by himself, but against a new player their are a few runes that can do that

10. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

''I could deal with the regen and crazy damage, but the thing that gets me is the new deception.''

So why instead of simply removing deception from him do you suggest to remove the range and damage from UD's (arguably) only good ranged unit?

Like okay, maybe I can agree with a slight damage reduction aswell, but seriously, making him 1-3 or 1-4 range? C'mon

11. demonswish

demonswish New Member

Would 3 dmg be to much? I Like him as is for the most part he's always been scary and back in the day mena was to be feared as well.

I say 3 dmg because equiping firelite gem on grimlic really irks me. 1-2 dmg nerf would only shave a bit off that combo which is why I asked 3.

Honestly I think what should really happen is deception be fixed and give him unequipable at no nora change and that's it.

12. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

There are worse champ and champ combos out there. Grim is tough but he can be handled. He is not so overpowered that he causes an imbalance. The illusion aspect is another problem which is they should die off when the source goes away.

Other than that you gotta be careful to cry nerf on something. If this gets nerfed now another player has justification to ask for another nerf some where else and they will use Grim as an example.

If 6 range with 16 dmg is OP there a lot of champs that need be nerfed.

13. super71

Please find me another champ that has 6 range and 16 damage please, because their isn't a single other champ in the game with 16 base damage and 6 range. Not to mention 6 range, 7 speed, 50 health, a bomb, a heal, and deception.

Grim is in a league of his own right now from a range damage perspective.

14. super71

Reducing his range was more a flavorful thing than a nerf i'd want, I always pictured grimlic with some unique fire abilities and something to make him stand out as a hero. Also 1-3 range and 1-4 range are arguably two of the best ranges in the game, 1-3 especially for ud.

I'm fine with just removing deception and giving him something else.

15. super71

The damage isn't a huge problem because you can always cc him, but deception is what causes the problems in my opinion.

Firelight gem as a whole needs to be changed because were moving away from %, and +50% damage is a bit strong when you have champs with 16 base fire damage with ud bonus.

16. super71

Serkan

12 damage/ 16 damage with 4 procs of vengeful or dictate
    7 speed
    4-6 range
    1 defense
    49 health

vengeful
    frost cone 3
    life siphon
    teleport 1
    hero
    Build cost- 97 nora

Grimlic

14 damage/ 16 damage with ud bonus
    7 speed
    5-6 range
    0 defense
    49 health

Firebomb 3
    regen 2
    deception
    hero
    Build cost- 93 nora

This is the closest comparison from this range that you will find, they both have a bomb, they both have a teleport, and they both have a way to regen. Grimlic still has a 4 damage advantage

17. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Hes fine, just change deception.

18. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

Jesus Firking christ .... UD has 4 - 6 ranged options (4 of who suck). Then comes a dude who must be sore he lost a few games to UD with a nerf thread... this is the Bane Shift that pisses me off in this game. Grimlic is balanced mate, and he is one of 2 units in UD that can make illusions and thats just an escape ability. No idea why I am wasting my time trying to get to you but Firk it may as well give it a shot.

19. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

There are just Ritual Crone and Zeventrech that I can find with range 6+ and 13+dmg
    Found 13 units with range 6+ and 12+dmg
    But thats on base, then there are alot of silly abilities to get high dmg.
    Think forest lerper is way worse with 24dmg on its own just be walking and destealthing itself by bouncing into the target to get that extra enrage damage.

20. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

I agree mate and to taht point, spark crone can and eventually does 2x as much damage as grimlic for 20 nora less. This dude wants you to pay 90 nora is an already range weak faction and get Firk all in return.

Scrijordan likes this.