Grimlics Mirror is on Cactuar Crate

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by OriginalG1, Jan 6, 2017.

1. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

I personal do not have an issue with Grimilics Mirror. It annoys me to see it used, but having dabbled in kf myself, kf is functioning at it's best when the game plan involves being annoying, frustrating, or fast. G-Mirror fits in to me.

If it where to get changed it would have still be frustrating to play against. Target friendly champion either is: equipped with the last equipment played by your opponent or target champion deploys the last relic played by your opponent.

This would still be strong and warrant a high Nora cost, but be cheeper then the original G-Mirror. All though the spell could be used to gain an advantage, it could still be countered. (Example: if I equipped a sac dagger to my champ and then a blight ring to your champ, the new g-mirror would still grant the last equipment deployed.[blight ring]) If I deploy Mindslicer obelisk and then the banner, the new g-mirror would take the banner.

The key is that you can target a friendly champ to deploy an unholy tomb in the back, or a guard tower in the front.

The relics should probably be summoned to avoid abuse somehow.

aseryen likes this.
  2. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

I would think that copying relics has more value than equipment, especially when Clone Matter already exists (nerf to rng6? increase in range per 'clone matter' ability on the field?)

Mirror, mirror on the wall; what's your purpose or you'll fall...

I was thinking of what kind of playstyle Copies fall into and I think it's best classified as: Mimicry. Mimic, Adaptation, Mind Meld, etc would all be abilities that can be classified as Mimicry. At least that's what I was mulling over today. Phalanx, Attrition, Rush all those are very specific playstyles, as would be a trick/gimmick bg. Mimicry can have it's tricks but there is a fair amount of control for over those abilities. I'm a personal fan of Adaptation.

Whatever Grimlic's Mirror gets changed to I hope it still replicates runes to some extent.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  3. guokamoli54

guokamoli54 I need me some PIE!

Is this rune even being "abused" right now? The coolest thing i thought to do with it was copy Dread champs in my FW/KF Mirror Dread BG and even that is pretty clunky.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  4. OriginalG1

upload_2017-1-6_22-11-25.png
    clipped from catuar crate. that is why i bring it up. I agree though guokamoli54, g-mirror seems fine.

aseryen likes this.
  5. guokamoli54

guokamoli54 I need me some PIE!

Oh ya i knew it was on there. Is it being reworked because it can cause bugged interactions (havent seen anything like that in awhile) or is it truly just cuz @Sokolov doesnt like it? Not sure how serious he was lol

OriginalG1 likes this.
  6. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Ha yeah I saw this, looks like Copy mechanics are getting a look at. I find that they have a good place, just not talked about in as high regard as other playstyles. Those kind of Copy bgs are tight for slots anyway so I don't see why they can't exist.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  7. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Thinking outside the box, what if Grimlic's Mirror was made into an equip? What ability(ies) would fit with Grimilc's Mirror as an equipment rune?

8. Xirone

Grimlic's Mirror (Equip)- Equipped champion has Familiar and Illusion: Grimlic. While this equip is in play, friendly Illusions gain Combat Awareness 2.

Thoughts?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  9. Orubus

Orubus Devotee of the Blood Owl

Maybe Grimlic Mirror (spell) - Champion gains illusion of lies and surge illusion

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  10. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Copy enemy unit, short lived 1

11. Xirone

Too similar to Mirror Trap.

12. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Darn I like mirror.
    In adaptive you can deploy a new adaptive champ for 6 less nora and get adaptive procs!

13. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

This is too wrong on too many levels. Would be nerfed like 5mins after the patch

14. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

Champions with a range of 1 also gain liability. Champions with a range of more than 1 gain Dissipate

15. OriginalG1

target friendly melee champ gains +3 damage and losses 1 speed. target friendly range champ gain +1 damage and -1 speed.

16. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

I feel like a spell to give a champ 1 or 3 dmg in exchange for 1 spd should cost negative nora...

17. OriginalG1

It was just a thought, the spell being called Grimlics Mirror, it could swap the KF bonus for the UD one on a chosen champ.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  18. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

So -1 SPD and +4 DMG?

That's not very good lol

~

Anyway, it's unlikely to change until we see another abuse deck pop up, but the fact of the matter is that G Mirror has very few legitimate cases and the entire design of the spell is so that it can be abused for efficiency or to break the rune limit runes. That is why I hate it.

Etherielin and OriginalG1 like this.
  19. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

What combo was being abused?

I honestly think Grims Mirror is fine as is. I don't see to much issues with it's design besides some specific stuff I don't know about.

20. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Target Champion gains Mirrorswap and Mirrorblade, Simple

laminasaga likes this.