Grimlics Mirror is on Cactuar Crate

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by OriginalG1, Jan 6, 2017.

1. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

he doesnt mean right at this moment, he's just stating that all it does is serve as a efficient deploy or a means to break deck limits.

2. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

It's never efficient enough to break the game. At most you net some Nora. Also it's very rare that people play Grimlics Mirror and Deploy up to four copies of the same rune in a game.

3. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

naw bro that Bane Shift is worst thing about pox (outside of healing)

4. Cinder405

It's just too damn good. The only reason Vashal Mirrorblade is ran.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  5. OriginalG1

somewhere, I can not place it, I have seen you make an argument for +1 speed or +1 ap gain not being a big deal. Spot +4 damage on a melee unit at -1 speed in faction that has +1 speed dose not seem like trash to me. I do agree, it is in no way a urgent pressing issue. It was just a thought. Havoc's touch is +3 damage and sees selective play, and banners grant +1 damage and they are staple.

6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

If we assume the faction bonuses are roughly equal, then spending nora and a rune slot on a spell that changes the faction bonus on target champion seems pretty bad because you are not getting much net benefit.

Now, it's true +DMG is generally good so it might be played just on the virtue of that but both Havoc's Touch and Banners provides other benefits, rather than a drawback.

Havoc's Touch likely pays for itself over time via Essence Capture while Banners gives that +1 DMG globally as well as +HP.

laminasaga and OriginalG1 like this.
  7. Sokolov

There are 2 scenarios where it breaks the game:
    1. iPox-type trickdecks
    2. when we made a mistake in balancing and you are getting efficiency on top of efficiency (for example, even if we made something that's worth 100 nora 80 nora, then every time you cast GM on this thing you are getting 20 nora of value basically)
    The second scenario is much less prevalent due to the adherence to a cost formula, but did happen in the past during SOE/Corpse-Era.

laminasaga and Cinder405 like this.
  8. Cinder405

Scenario 1 hasn't ever happened and the chances of that happening is highly unlikely. No one likes to split with KF for it's bonus and even more for a Grimlics Mirror. If anything it will be for Nora Link, spells like Hurry etc.

Scenario 2 wouldn't happen either because Grimlics Mirror can only clone a champion of 90 Nora or less. So the maximum Nora Value you can get from the spell is 10 Nora. There are plenty other spells out there that give you that Nora Value advantage. Combined Effort, Marsh Song, Havoc's Touch, etc.

But I understand that this is a matter a of prevention.

9. Sokolov

I seem to recall at least two instances where some trick deck relied on GM. One involved clay form.

I am not sure what you are saying about the second scenario. If there is champ that costs 80 but is worth 100, why wouldn't GM work on it? I think you are doing the math backwards or misunderstanding. The point is that it compounds efficiency.

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  10. Sokolov

To clarify, there are 2 ways that GM can be used to generate efficiency:
    1. Use GM (80 nora) on a champion with 81 or more nora cost: efficiency gain is equal to the cost of unit less the cost of GM
    2. Use GM (80 nora) on a champion which is worth more than its cost: efficiency gain is equal to the VALUE of the unit less the cost of GM

11. Cinder405

I apologize for one, I thought that Grimlics Mirror could only clone champions of 90 Nora or less but after looking at the spell again it's actually 99 Nora or less.

So if I spend 80 Nora to copy a 99 Nora champion. I would have gained 19 Nora. Which isn't much compared to other forms of Nora Gen. This doesn't take into account how much value I get from the champ I copied.

However, in scenario 2 I can understand your concern.

A good example for this scenario is running x2 Vashal Mirrorblades and x2 GMs to clone a mid 70s Nora champion that can be more efficient than an 80 or more champ because of his psuedo AP Gen.

What about simply lowering the Nora Cost clause from 99 to 90 as a start and then later think about changing the spell to something like

Nora Cost 40
    Grimlics Mirror:
    The next champion you deploy gains Mirrored and Deflect this effect hidden until triggered.

12. Sokolov

There's no reason to do anything right now, IMO. But if it breaks something then I will likely just redesign it.

13. Cinder405

Fair enough

14. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Or grimlics mirror on a damn wisp, played a guy yesterday that cloned wisp 5 times.

15. OriginalG1

Lol. That sounds super lame to play against.

super71 likes this.
  16. Cinder405

How someone could cast that on Wisp five times in a game is beyond me. I mean thats alot of Nora spent on spells to reduce cooldown and Attacks from Bliss the Muse.

I think your doing something wrong if your opponent can spend that much Nora and get away with it.

Etherielin likes this.
  17. super71

Or it was a long game, and they just saved Nora and instead of deploying other champs they cast it on wisp.

18. Cinder405

Casting 2 Grimlics Mirrors requires 160 Nora.

Their cooldown is something like 12 to 16 turns.

If they used Hurry x2 that's another 60 Nora to reduce cooldown by 4 turns. 12-4=8 turns.

What were you doing during this 8 turn cool down if the opponent wasn't deploying champs? Did you find it strange they weren't deploying champions?

All I'm saying these situations need be looked at from a different perspective sometimes. You can't always assume you are going to have a normal battle at mid font and then proceed to killing opponents shrine.

If you had pressured the opponent by moving champions towards their shrine, that could have perhaps changed the tide of the battle because now they HAVE to spend Nora on other things besides the Mirror to protect their shrine from your champs attacks.

19. super71

During those turns on cooldown I was playing with my ****

20. Cinder405

Well no wonder. You screwed yourself. (Pun intended).

Etherielin, super71 and MaruXV like this.