Grimthir vs Menalaus

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Cydna, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

If you had both, which one would you use?

It might be Immunity: Magical being undercosted, or Immunity in general, but Menalaus just seems so much better.

Grimthir has better stats due to 4-7 range (instead of 5-7) and +10 hp, but Mena's access to Immunity and Grant Aura makes him better imo.

It probably would never happen due to accessibility, but I think if Grimthir had a more unique upgrade line (similar to Menalaus) he would be better.

2. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Yeah, grimthir used to be better but mena takes it hands down nowadays.

3. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

As much I love my Grimthir. Mena takes it hands down. I only take Grimthir over Mena tobshow him off and because I like his sprite

Deception should be added back on him

4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Deception was removed from the game.

He could get Illuminate on U2 and that would make him better.

Cinder405 likes this.
  5. Cinder405

Well no wonder...give him Logisistics: Magic Blast in place of Regen 3 base. And move Regen 3 to the upgrades that have Magic Nova and remove Magic Nova 3.

6. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

As much as it would be nice to see Grimthir in a playable state again, I doubt they're going to be willing to put much effort into a champ that is almost impossible to get.

7. ButterFaceGirl

ButterFaceGirl Active Member

grimthir needs to be shoeboxed like all limited available runes.

8. ChiaoLung

I never have understood this mentality. There's no reason they should be superior to more easily accessible runes, but there's also no reason that they should be shoeboxed.

9. Cinder405

When I got him it was because I wanted deception. Then he got needed but never buffed like menalaus

10. ChiaoLung

I got him back when you could still forge him from shards (back in the dark days of beyond). I wanted him mostly because he was a more offensive version of Mena and gave you more choices for bg building.

11. Cinder405

I got lucky and got him for 300000k gold

12. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I think that's what he meant.

But yea, a dude can dream of a Grimthir change :rolleyes:

13. Cinder405

No that's not what he meant. Before the gold system you had to build the rune by sacrificing several other runes etc. I don't know all the details.

14. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Oh wow, I just realized Grimthir was released during Drums of War... I always thought he was a relatively new limited.

15. skarpox

skarpox The King of Potatoes

Grimthir is better than Mena with better range, more offense, regen, and higher HP.

16. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Mena's kit is more useful. Even though Grimthir has better stats he's paying for those stats and he has a weaker kit than Menalaus.

17. ChiaoLung

Mena's a much stronger deploy than Grimthir.

18. ChiaoLung

Yeah, he's been around a while. It used to be that you could get shards for completing campaigns and then you could use those shards to make various runes, some of which required other cards to be sacrificed to make. Grimthir didn't require any cards to sacrifice, but you needed a boatload of the shards so he wasn't the easiest to make. Probably equivalent to the gold he used to cost.

19. skarpox

skarpox The King of Potatoes

Not really

20. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Great argument dude. Stop wasting my time.
    I remember the old shard system. I used to farm the campaigns trying to get enough to make some cool runes. Was fun, but a *****.