Grintmaw Flamehurler

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Baskitkase, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Is it just me or do you guys also have a serious problem with Channel: Damage as the only upgrade choice?

That is such an awful ability that I feel like I'm being trolled. I really don't get this. If you are going to make an upgrade chain have a single ability please don't make it suck.

sassquatch likes this.
  2. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Well he is a troll, so it is appropriate for him to troll you.

But yeah the champ in general is not good.

TheBulwark likes this.
  3. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

So, here's how it breaks down:

Hostile: -5 life for 5 DMG, 1 turn.
    Channel Dmg: 30 nora for 5 DMG, 1 turn.

It's Firking laughable.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Pretty sure he was supposed to have Hunter: Equipment from the flavor text but it's very possible that got axed and the text just never got changed. That said he has so much potential but sucks so bad. :/

5. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

No, he simply sucks and 0 potential.

6. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Art is so bad...that it leaked sukiness into the ability set I guess

Baskitkase likes this.
  7. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Please sok. Put anything with channel dmg. Hp1,, def1, something so we can get away from channel.

8. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Yeah art for last expansion was much better, this expansion though the art looks of all things "rushed". I'd like to see him lose channel damage and nora induction and get stun or paralyze or throw boulder. Or change channel damage to last longer than 2 turns maybe 4 and have the nora cost reduced a bit maybe 2 nora and then raising from their.

9. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

I personally think channel is a good mechanic, but the numbers are way off. 30 nora for 5dmg is trash. Make it 20 cumulative nora cost for 5 dmg, and yeah or make the 5dmg for 3 turns or smtg

I totally wouldnt mind paying 20 nora for 5dmg given its flexible (+x dmg according to you, unlike say TacManual that gives an avg of 4-5dmg for 25 nora but can be reduced when damaged)

10. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

Hostile is way better, in gryntmaw for sure.

11. RedScarlet

Yeah ofc, im talking about Channel in general

And im not talking about which one is better. Im just saying that the design on Channel is good enough that its playable IF the costing gets changed.

E.g, I don't mind paying 20 nora on a 3-6 rng champ to double tap with +5dmg

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  12. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

whats even worse is jangar arcanis gets channel damage instead of a basic attack on top of the fact that its 2 alt attacks just got an increased CD. theres trolling going on all over the place right now!

13. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I see what you are saying.. and I like that train of thought. @Sokolov

What if channel damage, you gained the damage, up to 5, then lost half that damage the next round, rounded up. Something like a burnout.

So you could channel up to 5 dmg, then next turn you'd lose 3. You'd be unable to channel damage during burnout which would give it an effective CD of 2, or just give it a CD of 2.

Sirius likes this.
  14. RedScarlet

Like this?
    Non cumulative Nora cost vs +DMG:
    1 -> +1 dmg
    2 -> +2 dmg
    4 -> +3 dmg
    6 -> +4 dmg
    9 -> +5 dmg

(Multiples of 1, 2, and 3... And so on)

So to get +5 dmg, u have to spend 22 nora. It lasts 5 turns, and you lose half of that the next turn, rounded up until the modifier is 1 or less, then the modifier becomes 0. This ability can only be used if the modifier is 0.

Donno how to word it into pox's ability wording

15. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Meh, still tons of nora. Think of it this way.

Deploy that champ at 88 nora. Has ability: this champ may gain 5 dmg for 5 turns, gone once used.

I just don't like it. So many other abilities require next to nothing for the same type of utility.

16. Thbigchief

- Yeah first question...how much does the ability..."channel:damage" cost in the first place?

17. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

None upfront. Costs per usage.

18. Thbigchief

- Ok I caught the part in another thread as well... it used to cost 5 nora apparently...lol. Paying for something that required payment to get inefficient result. Now the idea of on demand damage is useful..but Im glad the costing is being looked at/addressed.

19. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

That's not true mate, it costs 5 nora and in the Ronin thread Sok mentioned removing the cost for Channel: X abilities.

20. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I was wrong. Could have sworn poxbase had it listed at 0 Nora just yesterday though...