Gripes and comments on the revamp

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Nebron, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

Let me start by saying that lance addy got nerfed again and I already lost most of my hype for coming back to this game. Then I saw that klub has heavy charger as an upgrade on the same tab that his ONLY source of charge is. I don't even. Dirge is still hella good so there's that. Will update as I get further into the revamp.

Going to work, I'll be back later tonight to test things out and see if they're as bad as I think. Shallaxy will not be in any of my decks though. Wtf am I even paying for???

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  2. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Everything got changed. I'm going to wait to see how things play out in real matches before committing.

Woffleet likes this.
  3. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

Slags play well.

Changes to Ancient Slag make him a useful Tank and swallower of horrid things.

No complaints with the theme, apart from losing shatter, but that's not an issue for SP

4. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

Baby Slags with Protect: Skeezick is my fave change :p

5. CravenLestat

CravenLestat Active Member

Am I seeing this right,one of the cornerstones of voil bgs lost loyalty and now infernals lost surge and have 8 dmg wth.

6. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

Okay what happened to Cyclonic Fesh, I haven't got the chance to play it but its listed as 1-2RNG

Srsly, a 47HP guy with no elec eater/storm aco...Melee beater Overload is useless. He'll basically get hurt by all the frontline Elec Aura champs I have.

What is his role, I don't get it anymore.

And Soothsayer's 7DMG is because he has Sunder. Allowing him to multiattack the opponent so he basically get 9-11DMG. If the second upgrade is strictly on Overseer: Moga (not allowing him in the meta), he basically can't hurt much on phalanx or tough 3 opponents. 7DMG 4-6RNG is just mindless. Why not Overseer Moga (1), (3), and Sunder as second upgrade??

*P.S, and Hurler to 4-5. -___-

And peaks marid at 85Nora? I don't get it.

And Shallaxy. o god. *****. I don't even know why I'll use her at all with no Eva3, no Rock Trap, no GWell

We basically lost all our meta range champs
    and angels are 90ish nora now. I'm pondering as to how I'll fight off those FW4-6 RNGs or FS hit and run bomb cones.

Think I've to play tonight and see how my 90++ Nora champ BG is doing

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  7. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

Lightning Elemental costs 96 nora now. Oh, and he lost Mobility. So, when he attacks a unit and bolts in, he's stuck there.

I'm really, really not a fan of Desert Owl right now.

Don't get me started on Shallaxy or the G'hern Soothsayer. Have you seen the Soothsayer? Oh, yeah. He's stupid now. Really, really stupid.

RedScarlet likes this.
  8. allyorbase

I think it's beautiful that they actually kept Peaks Dew exactly the same (pretty much): since it was already awful, they didn't need to do anything more.

9. RedScarlet

Its just weird how they don't explore each rune before going through rounds of raping on em.

I mean, Soothsayer's low dmg was because he has sunder + multiattack, so basically every time he attacks, its like he gets a Fury v2.0 or something. Now, he just deals 7DMG damage, so if the opponent has Tough 3, he basically deals 4dmg each time he attacks? For a 86-87 nora LEG champ?

And Stormcaller has 7DMG... That's really really weird. So if you do lightning storm 1, he would deal 50% of 7DMG...3DMG.,....

Lightning Elemental's mobility is also another example that dev didn't play with it to understand the rune. Without Mobility,how can he move around? They expect the opposing player to just let Lightning Elemental bolt around different champs? Once you bolted your LightningEle to my champ, I'll move all my other champs around so you can't bolt anyone else and have to disengage.

Cyclo Fesh at 1-2 RNG? I understand if Myx Sandsnipe gets melee range because he is a "hide and multiattack" kinda role.
    (1) But Cyco Fesh cannot Teleport like Skybreak Dragon.
    (2) Cannot protect/benefit himself from Electricity Aura (which all of our Electricity champ frontlines do have and benefit from)
    (3) And he's a friggin non-flying LARGE (2x2) CHAMPION. You gotta double-tap while being 2x2 and non-flying, and no movement abilities? You've got to be kidding. Spending 3AP on an attack itself might be a hassle, what about doubletapping? Impossible.

Some of the nerfs are absent-minded.

allyorbase likes this.
  10. allyorbase

No, it's not absent minded, at all; they're punishing Exos and LEs. Look at the revamp closely. Look at the Skeezick Cannoneer. Look at the Voil Jester, even! They're still amazing. Now, look at pretty much all of the LEs. All of them.

It's pretty clear what they're going for.

11. RedScarlet

Yeah I was looking at Moga Cannon. He's gonna be my go-to guy for range.

12. dueljewel

dueljewel Member

im sure mogas are gonna get trashed if everyone starts playing moga...id kiss surge moga goodbye...keepem on the dl!!!!

13. Hekwit

Hekwit Devotee of the Blood Owl

Protect: Voil is just amazing... finally something good for this theme..... but poor, poor Shally after revamp is not even worth to put in pure voil deck.. range 1, rend, swap. perfect combo of useless abilities... at least add mobility and 1-2 range...

14. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

I posted this in KF, but my main issue is that the core functionality/playstyle of many champs was completely changed, and their new abilities don't particularly suit their new playstyle. Compare overcharged golem (basically same playstyle, but less burst damage) with shallaxy (all defining support/contesting abilities removed and replaced with swap, rend, hit and run). One set of changes was designed to reduce powercreep by reducing speed/burst damage (which I understood to be the overall goal of the rebalance) whereas the other basically substitutes an entirely new/different champ with a different role in the same skin as an old champ. I don't understand why that was done...it's very confusing.

15. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

i was really hoping to see war wizard get +1 speed. HE NEEDS +1 SPEED.

CravenLestat likes this.
  16. Hekwit

Hekwit Devotee of the Blood Owl

Ye me too. Clops still needs something... but revamp is not over yet. There is still many stupid combos that need to be change... like FF + agaitor...

17. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

you have cyclops wardrummer with vitalize, battle drum and battle harden to make up for that.

18. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Yeah... the sand snipe lost multi. And 6 range. And went up by 1 nora.

19. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Youve mentioned moga in pretty much every thread. We've heard you. Now be quiet because youre annoying everyone.

20. dueljewel

dueljewel Member

Lol homies mad

WraithxxV likes this.