Groble Dervish

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Hierokliff, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

He is an awesome rune, just wish it did work better.
    Whirl of the blades aint giving rend or sunder, it doesnt work on stunned/paralyzed
    so far it works with catapulting and relocating, still need to get it to survive long enough to test swap, but guess it would work there also.
    It seems to double hit with Manic though from Rev'em up, which is also kinda strange.
    Impression so far is that its a normal IS rune, nerfed to Bane Shift :)
    But he looks so cool when whirl of the blades trigger, so tempted to keep trying to use him just because of that. He gives nothing to the bg though, he cant handle 1v1 and gives no support whatsoever to the rest of the bg.
    so for a 68-79 nora physical melee champ, he is badly outplayed by alot of our other champs.

Help me with ideas to get this rune to work, if he had physical immunity i guess being a knockbackblocker would be awesome. maybe worth a try to get spare parts+resists/immune

2. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

He used to be ~55 nora with Berserker 3 and Short-Lived 2 way back when, and I believe he also had Elusive. I kinda liked the flavor of Short-Lived tbh, sort of like the Perfected Runner from KF, or Skele Zerker: high damage, limited time. Part of the problem was that he would get 9 AP first turn with IS's old font bonus and +2 speed from Berserker, which was a bit overbearing for almost 50 nora. He might be a good candidate for one of the new Zeal: X abilities (I'm thinking Zeal: Damage) to put him back into a playable spot.

Tweek516 and OriginalG1 like this.
  3. Hierokliff

He works silly good with Manic/rev'em up, since he disengages and engages again for a double hit instead of just an extra hit. Sadly his damage seems to not have been reset so if he has hit to many times before its 2x nothing of damage.
    Added a weaponsmith & battle matron to get some extra damage on him, but its not worth it really. Still having fun with him as he is now, just need to draw him in mid/late combat so iniative is out of the question, berserker isnt awesome either since he is best when he has as much AP as possible. And reinforce is just horrible since i run so many dwarf/tinkerer to be able to boost him up so he can survive a little.

4. Hierokliff

Pro
    - Manic triggers wotb, so he hits 2 times at the end of the turn, so he wants dmg left if possible
    - Golden compass, very good with mobility on him
    - He is fun vs a 2x2 champ, where each move is considered a new engagement.
    - catapulting him, relocating & swap triggers wotb

cons
    - Whirl of the blade (wotb) dont trigger rend, sunder effects etc, so alot of equipment are useless
    - wotb dont trigger against more then 1 enemy, so getting him to engage two enemies at the same time is no good.
    - wotb dont trigger vs stunned/incorporeal/paralyzed
    - wotb dont trigger flamebreath ballista auto-attacks

Guess knockback triggers, but cant remember if ive tested it