Guilds Actual Role Within The Game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AKHolic, Mar 2, 2014.

?

Should Guilds Have Direct Roles With The Game

Poll closed Mar 9, 2014.
  1. Yes

29 vote(s)
    85.3%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    14.7%
  1. AKHolic

AKHolic The King of Potatoes

Well how should I start? The title of the thread pretty much addresses the question. What are guilds actual role within the game other than being with the people you enjoy to be with and for receiving another guild tab for chat. What I would like to see are guilds getting directly involved with the game, just a suggestion but say every 2 weeks or so it would be cool to have guild competitions like tournaments, where the fellow guildies from different guilds can sign up and compete and at the end there can be a prize? Just a suggestion. Anyone is free to upload what they propose should be done

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I heard that guilds help people with their maths.

3. AKHolic

Lol, they've also helped me with Biology :p

4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Guilds make me feel like I have friends.

Napalm Monk and AKHolic like this.
  5. AKHolic

I'll always be there. :cool:
    But I actually hope they get a direct role within the game.

6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

There should be guild tournaments, or like if you're part of the Top 10 guilds you get bonus gold when DoW ends.

7. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

We've had some guild tournaments before, but due to the fact that there are no guild limits (which is one thing I'm relatively happy about), the biggest guild usually has the advantage in that scenario. I'd be happy to draft some guild tournaments such as having a guild sign up for a faction and then we could do a round-robin tournament or something like that, or have it randomized factions or something like that.

The difficulty of course is that historically, those that sign up do not always attend, leaving gaps, which causes problems in terms of advanced planning, but yeah.

Once things move over and I am able to look around, I'd be happy to try to draft and/or host some. I'm already drafting a sample starter competition of sorts.

AKHolic likes this.
  8. AKHolic

I like the bonus gold idea, we just need a greenie to fly over here and hit it down.

9. Pico

Pico I need me some PIE!

It would be great/interesting to have guild's measured by the DoW or something similar. In a seperate standings from individual players.

AKHolic likes this.
  10. AKHolic

Yeah that would deffo be brilliant! Thanks for the reply :)
    Yeah and I see where you are coming from about people not attending, I remember the old days with pox portal hosting tournaments loads of people don't attend and replacements had to be found. But the tournaments were good fun and each one had a unique rule, like commons only bg etc.

11. KTCAOP

Those are always possible. I mean, there are two ways tournaments can be done, one is to have advanced notice, planning, signups, etc.

The other one is to announce a date and then whoever shows up can participate (such as what occurs during the free draft tournaments, etc.).

Both have their pros and cons and you can also use both, have those that signed up get priority but allow an open format, though then the background of making the roster/table/chart becomes significantly more complicated.

Again, however, I think one of the limitations of having anything really "guild" oriented is that there are no restrictions on the guilds, you can have as many number of people from any number of factions and the guild tab is so amazingly useful for private messages and other guild conversations when you jump in and out of game. Having some restrictions might set off guild "superiority" which while it may be one thing in terms of encouraging competitiveness, might make it difficult for new players to feel like they can get in and I know a lot of the bigger guilds really try to encourage new players to join so that they can have an environment to learn and grow.

AKHolic likes this.
  12. AKHolic

Yeah I guess I see where you're coming from, but I guess the bonus gold to top 10 guide when DoW was also a good suggestion by Covah, I mean I understand how the tournaments would discourage new players from competing, but I've just recently noticed about the levels of each character they don't contribute to anything either really, these levels should be the requirement entry for the competitions say level 50+ can enter the guild competition. Something like guild wars is always fun

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Wanna meet hot guys like me? Guilds are my favorite place to hang out. Better than craigslist! Find a partner now!

AKHolic likes this.
  14. KTCAOP

You are both too cheap and too expensive for me to subscribe to your services BurnPyro =(.

15. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Guild Dailies and Monthlies would be nice.

Then it rewards anyone who contributed to them at the end.

Things like:

Win X Games in Battlegrounds
    Win X Games in Training Grounds
    Win X Games versus AI
    Play X Games with/against Guild Members
    Then an accumulation on the in game achievements. Like getting X First Wins, X Cliff Drops, etc

Aleswick likes this.
  16. KTCAOP

I'm not exactly sure how you are envisioning this and/or how you are planning on rewarding them. Also, again, due to no guild limitations, guilds like my own would most likely never gain anything from it. I've seen achievement based guild contribution leading to benefits in other games and it always leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

I'm all for those types of rewards/achievement on an individual basis as they are now, but yeah.

AKHolic likes this.
  17. AKHolic

You mean get rewards like Guild homepage trophies? Or am I missing the point

18. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Thinking more along the lines of gold, shards, and maybe guild levels similar to WoW? So people in guilds get bonuses.

AKHolic likes this.
  19. AKHolic

i Support this.

20. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

The scoring system should be balanced in a way that don't completely benefit guilds with ridiculous numbers of players but also doesn't promote all-limiteds guilds.