Gungnir (Equipment)

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by IMAGIRL, Feb 19, 2016.

1. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Gungnir (IS)
    Nora Cost: 55
    Art: A Silver, Gold Embroidered, Cone-Shaped Lance.

Equipped Champion gains Command: Charge, and friendly allies in 3 spaces have Trail: Hallowed Ground.

Gungnir is world renowned for being the spear by Odin in Norse Mythology. I wanted to take that an add it to IS's Paladin theme. In the sense that it's a relic emboldens the user, and those around them with Holy Fervor.

In a sense, this equip should be used like the Glorious Charge spell with a continuous effect.

If you like this. You should see it's counterpart. Gáe Bolg

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
    IronStylus, LadyJava and Tweek516 like this.
  2. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

I love Norse mythology.
    I don't love giving aoe trail:hallowed ground.
    Therefore I am neutral towards this.

Make it have some sort of rover effect, or raven form, or precision. Or... something to do with runestones? o_O

Heart likes this.
  3. LadyJava

LadyJava The King of Potatoes

oh nice I like it

4. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

It costs 55 nora, and simply shattering the equip off removes the Trail Hallowed Ground effect. If you misunderstood, the effect only applies so long as they are moving within an aoe 3 of the unit with Gungnir. They don't actually gain Trail Hallowed ground. The effect is on the equip itself, and not applied directly to the champs.

5. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

If you like this. You should see it's counterpart. Gáe Bolg

6. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Hmmm... ok... as it's 55 nora. Hang on, would it be an aoe cleanse on deploy/move into someone?

7. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

With how Trail works I am pretty sure that any paladin moving into the AoE would automatically heal for 5 and cleanse so long as it hasnt healed that way already.

8. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I'm not entirely sure, but I think what Markoth said is correct.