Haunt?

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by greengordo, Nov 16, 2017.

1. greengordo

greengordo The King of Potatoes

I'm not sure if the mechanics of this spell have changed; however, the description says, "when this condition is removed, 3x Shade..." One would think that when the relic one is haunting is destroyed, since the spell itself destroys the relic, that the spirits would spawn. They only spawn after 5 turns. It could be bc i tend to use it on my own relics as there are many spells that destroy replace them these days. But it seems wrong. Oh and graphic persists after relic is gone and shades spawn.

Seriously, I don't know who re-tooled this for Steam, but I would be ashamed to put something with as many bugs as you introduced to the game. I'll say it once and again, I have spent more money than I should on this game...don't have the patience to farm and I kinda suck at the game. but it used to at least be fun and frustrating. Now it feels just frustrating. I, for one, am done spending cash. And if you guys keep records, and can see exactly how much I've spent, it ain't a little.

2. greengordo

greengordo The King of Potatoes

BTW: Don't get me wrong, I am not saying I am special, or whatever. I am just pointing out that if there are folks who used to drop some cash on this game who feel like I do, you have pissed away a large revenue stream. All about business.

3. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

it's been like that for years, but i agree with you, it is counter-intuitive

4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

thats a problem with the description then. It's intended to appear after a duration not on destruction

5. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

The mechanics of the spell is as follows.

You are creating a location based effect in the area. This effect has several things that it does:
    • It creates a DMZ (or in the case of Overgrowth, vegetation)
    • It gives Immobile and Pariah to a relic and destroys it over time
    • And it spawns units when the effect wears off
    I have edited the text so that the "when this effect ends" part will now visibly be a subclause of the part that talks about the terrain effect:

CURRENT
    Target relic gains Immobile and Pariah. Spaces within 4 spaces of it becomes Dead Magic Zone for 5 turns. When this effect ends, 3x Shades with 0 nora cost and no upgrades are summoned in the affected area, and the relic is destroyed.

NEW
    Target relic gains Immobile and Pariah. Spaces within 4 spaces of it becomes Dead Magic Zone for 5 turns (when this effect ends, 3x Shades with 0 nora cost and no upgrades are summoned in the affected area, and the relic is destroyed).​

7. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

the idea of haunting a relic (with spirits) though doesn't really come through the current effect imo