Haunting Spirit : Ban it from ranked already

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mintdude1, Mar 16, 2017.

?

Ban haunting spirit from ranked?

1. yes

13 vote(s)
    27.1%
  2. no

35 vote(s)
    72.9%
  1. mintdude1

mintdude1 The King of Potatoes

Hey, so i'm pretty sure most players have trouble vs the 30 nora unit that acts as a walking relic that is undestroyable unless you run ranged magic... and even if you do you need it to hit hard. It's a unit that isn't easily accessible by all players, and it really shouldn't be in ranked at all.

2. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

What is all the fuss about this rune, there are far more annoying things for only a little more nora...

And the odd chance I do go up against it, I have no difficultly killing it. My main complain about it is the low CD. :rolleyes:

SPiEkY likes this.
  3. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

its not even good now. it was way better back when it was 46 nora and had soul channeling and depression

4. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

It still has depression. But yeah, not that big of a deal, you should include magical dmg anyways..

5. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

I think KF should not chine in on bringing magic, that said it's cost is a little cheap reminds me of old furbul baby

6. themacca

what faction doesnt have plenty of magic damage sources?

On top of that

Baby Furbull was a 67 nora champion that you only had to pay 30 something nora for with a 3 round waiting period for it then it was a fully upgraded champion thats profited you 30 something nora. They are nothing alike as haunting spirit costs what it is supposed to and doesnt bring any more than its actual value

Kampel and Etherielin like this.
  7. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

My beef with haunting spirit is that it is a limited rune. Although I agree with op, it is very poorly designed. Would personally prefer it to have more move speed less HP.

I don't think it is a huge problem balance wise, but it's one of the many runes which make this game unfun to play.

8. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

It's one of those runes that if you don't draw your magic champ early it will Firk you. And even if you do they wil Doom/Essence Drain etc it anyway.

Again the main problem with it is that it's so cheap that you can just send it off to contest a side font with impunity. And worse case scenario you'll get a contest for at least a turn or 2 and force your opponent to drop a 70-80 Nora champ that they otherwise wouldn't have had to deploy, in order to deal with it. Which then causes them to lose the champ battle wherever the main heat of the battle is.

mintdude1 likes this.
  9. DiCEM0nEY

Which is fine within the design of spirits themselves, since they are so weak in contesting side fonts. Problem is that within goodstuff, (I include utter dark in goodstuff mostly) they do as you said while the other player gains an advantage too quickly in the main font. Perhaps a bulwark: spirits and give them like 10 HP would be another solution.

10. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

The ghost ability costs 8n.
    Resistance: physical 3 costs 10n.
    Ghost champions are designed so that the drawbacks of ghost (not being able to attack) do not affect their ability to influence the game.

11. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

Yep...anyway I like the solution suggested by dice. Low Hp but with bulwark is a good solutions assuming they can do it in a way that doesn't reduce its cost even further

mintdude1 likes this.
  12. themacca

this word implies that there is a problem.

There is not a problem

btw @Axeraiser nobody runs doom now because it's god awful.

13. mintdude1

I don't think you can straight up compare haunting spirit and the furbull for there cost/presence, baby furbull you get a champ that can attack, its use is completely different and its aim in the game is completely different.

I think the utility of the haunting spirit is far too good, most bgs have 1 or 2 magic dmg types, however they can rarely target the haunting spirit as it is used to get side fonts, and you have to spend 60-90 nora going to contest the same font with your magic dmg type, which will inevitably get controlled with doom or essence or domi. so if we are talking about the effectiveness of its nora cost compared to other champs, it far outways anything in the game right now as it will almost always create a rift of at least 12 nora (cost of a font) and prevent you from deploying. It will also drag away a unit of at least 60 nora value from the main battle, creating a rift of at least 30 nora (as you have less nora available to focus on the main battle)... you could argue that you are going to lose this 30 nora haunting spirit, meaning it evens out, however thats not the case as the magic champ will get spell controlled, and you now already have such an advantage in the main battle/mid fonts that 30 nora really doesn't matter.

Plus i see that a few KF players and FW players have no problem with the rune... but i think its obvious as to why.

14. mintdude1

btw i like the 10hp bulwark idea, it means you actually have to use it as its intended in a spirit bg, or i like font aversion and a nora decrease, meaning you have to deploy relics and spend more nora to capture a font, whilst also reducing its sustainability in a font as relics are easier to destroy.

Kampel likes this.
  15. mintdude1

Higher level players run doom ;)

16. themacca

high level players will wreck anyone who casts doom.

17. mintdude1

Your generalised statement lacks specificity so its hard to agree with you :)

18. themacca

after explaining it for the 40th time im pretty over explaining it not gonna lie.

also

[​IMG]

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  19. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

It's too cheap and too hard to kill, yes.

20. DiCEM0nEY

I probably liked this picture for the wrong reason.

Also, doom as an early cast on certain maps REALLY isn't that bad under niche circumstances. The 3 font maps where you can't really engage easily (a la hard to kill decks) and the UD map at the side font vs a hard to kill cheap unit like hs.