Haunting Spirit : Ban it from ranked already

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mintdude1, Mar 16, 2017.

?

Ban haunting spirit from ranked?

1. yes

13 vote(s)
    27.1%
  2. no

35 vote(s)
    72.9%
  1. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Me blocking my own path probably won you the game, in all fairness. You are definitely a more solid player than me, but me not being able to move my bone shredder (with cloak as you mention ) to your natural lost me 80 Nora reasticslly. Sure, you would have maybe contested mid font, but you would have spent an obnoxious amount of resources trying to defend it, and you wouldn't have been able to pressure top at all, nvm kill aspect of death.

There were a bunch of notable mistakes I made, such as glorious draining myself while under anathema, dictating top vs blockade, and moving my altar in too close after I corrupt blasted ur relics (which was the goal in the first place).

I actually was playing that same deck before the game we played, and did very well with it considering I only ran it a few times. Meta good stuff with spirits, and I mainly got the idea from the other forum post.

You probably shouldn't have gotten so close with your first ethereal soldier when he was off ethereal CD. Skeletons don't have much in the way to counter them in incorporeal form. Hugging the wall would have let him live.

I always tell ppl who say that skeletons are op is that they aren't really OP, they are just hard to beat if you don't know what they can do. They are sort of like a typical UD deck where they need some sort of early play to snowball with. They have plenty of ways to do it too. Dark rising, graveyard and bone mine can cover a ton of space. They are definitely an overall superior version of spirit surge, which in theory is a bit more defensive, but in practice is too easily countered.

I don't think doom is as strong as you think. At least at that game, I should have killed your excavator, but I positioned 2 grave warriors horribly wrong, because I thought I'd get the so from dictate. (second one didn't even get out in time). You also didn't make too many major mistakes as I did, which was really the only way I could have won after trapping my bone shredder in anyways.

You are a really solid player, and I have respect. I even run cursed tomb in my meta decks now because of you.

That was an off game for me, mistakes wise, even by standards. I would have surrendered much sooner if that mid font play wasn't so -almost- perfect.

davre likes this.
  2. DiCEM0nEY

I actually found the nerf substantial. The 5 Nora difference is really huge. The main thing is it prevents the player from using doom in the early rounds where it is the most effective. Your 1st and second champion deploys are the most important. The extra 5 Nora means you are going to have to fight with weaker runes (think an entire upgrade change, or a free chip damage).

Which brings me to my next point which is that doom is very meta ATM. Utterdark spectre good stuff is THE way to play fw right now, especially with some of the maps being so hard to engage a mid font. Once lost, you really lose the game. I would almost rate glimpse of death on pat or higher than doom, if not for the fact that adaptive is hella meta in fw, and the extra 5 Nora pays for itself in HP gain.

In my skeleton deck, I prefer aspect of death to tolltaker, since he helps the game snowball much better when I'm already ahead. But I prefer toll taker to doom. Can't see myself paying 50 for doom over a dark rising early game.

I actually sort of think mid fonts should only grant 9-10 nora. Seems really hard to comeback. Could be map design though. 1 or two tiles impassable is really all that's needed, I don't know why the maps have these UFC octagons, surrounded by lava in some cases

3. Ujelly

Ujelly I need me some PIE!

No srsly.......

4. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

hmm since this thread, ive been seeing so many silly HS + doom / possession+cliffdive its just so much better to hit surrender now when i see its FW on the other side then even bother try to play those games.

5. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

gee its almost like when you just instantly admit defeat against something you fail to learn any kind of counter strategy

6. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

Yep I play through every game to when It's obvious it's over even if I hate every minute of that teeth grinding fw attrition match.

Even if not a single move is interesting or original In the slightest and most of the game is something akin to "drop Bile Zombie and hit end turn"....

Something must be wrong with me because I honestly do that

7. DiCEM0nEY

He just uses subpar decks, on top of not being very good.