Hearthstone players, unite!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Pedeguerra, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Done, and the game is infuriating. far more then MTG imo. I did the arena, and lost 3 straight out of the box. First one was fine, I got killed, he was a better player/deck and all that. Next one I got down to 2hp when I had 30! He came ack and killed me with board wipes and super powerful late game units. Then I got the same treatment next game. Down to 6 hp with 30 left, huge come back. SOOOOOO angry. I like MTG resources as a balance tool but god if its not scream worthy. I must get better!

2. Scarebear

Scarebear Devotee of the Blood Owl

You have already learned an important lesson. 1 health is the same as 30 health if you can't achieve lethal. I was on a losing streak earlier myself after a huge win streak yesterday. Hearthstone can be a cruel mistress at times.

3. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

You are still getting the grasp of the game, don't be too harsh on yourself nor get too pissed about losses. It's all part of the learning process, but you already know that so.... good luck on your next run.

I missed the ingame somewhere, is it madfox#2136 or something?

4. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

And the game isn't keeping track of your w/l record. And there isn't a game lobby filled with little punks to mock your every loss.

Also, just mute your opponents at the start and you will spare yourself much angst.

5. Pedeguerra

Yeah, I have to admit that not keeping track of the Losses was a good move by them, and so was not having a game lobby. Makes it a much better experience overall.
    On bad manner through emotes, I genuinely am not bothered at all by it. Sure, when someone keeps spamming Sorry it gets annoying, but overall I find the emotes a good way to interact with each other.

6. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

out-facing face hunter with aggro rogue is the best feeling in the world

turn 6 lethals make that 60g pretty easy to get, and Buccaneers will only make the deck smoother

7. Pedeguerra

Aggro rogue? Really? Care to share the decklist?

8. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

https://tempostorm.com/hearthstone/decks/nostam-aggro-rogue

It's pretty much the same deal as aggro pally, drop sticky stuff/chargers then buff em but you get the added bonus of the ridiculous Rogue burst. You trade Divine Favor for Oracles, which seems like a bad deal but you have Saps to deal with big/annoying stuff.

I wouldn't expect something like this to be successful above rank 10 but like I said, it makes the Rogue quests a breeze.

9. Tarth

whats a good paladin or priest deck? I have like no cards and I would like to know whats good. So far I just throw anything that adds stats/heals/buffs in some way into my deck.

10. Pedeguerra

Im using Jibs post from not long ago. You should be able to replace the units you don't have for similar ones with same effect/stats.

Aggro pally is hella good right now, it basically plays itself, win streaks like crazy and probably the perfect climbing tool. Something like this:
    [​IMG]

11. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Priest is super hard to build when you start, you need a LOT of rares (2x Injured Blademaster, Auchenai Soulpriest, Light of the Naru, maybe a Wild Pyro or 2, probably a Shadow Madness as well etc). And that's without mentioning the Cabal Shadowpriests and Lightbomb. I've been playing since april/may and just recently started building "good" priest decks.

Good news is that there ARE cheap builds possible. When I started I used this site a lot. It gave me a good idea of what I could build with what I had and, more importantly, how to spend my dust.

You also might want to take a look at the adventures. There are some REALLY good cards in there but I'm aware it's pretty expensive. I'd say getting the first 2 wings*** of Naxx (for Creepers/Eggs and Belchers/Loatheb) and the 1st of BRM (Emperor Thaurissan is a pretty good card though not really needed in Pally/Priest) should be a priority.

*** for Priest, getting the next 2 wings for Zombie Chow and Deathlord is extremely useful. As an added bonus you get your 2 Mad Scientists out of the way. You'll probably never build a Mage or Hunter deck without those.

Pedeguerra likes this.
  12. 19madfox95

19madfox95 I need me some PIE!

Yeah, my bad, I guess. It is Madfox#2136

13. Tarth

Man, Im getting rolled by people my rank with these super powerful cards....rarity= power or do I just not know enough yet?

14. Pedeguerra

Well, kinda rarity = power, but this is mostly just the Legendaries, which have a pass on the combination of stats/powerful abilities for a "fair price" due to them being Legendaries. Other than that, no, rarity does not equal power. The best AoE spell in the game is a common, for example (Flamestrike).
    Either way, I would recommend you moving away from that mentality, it will only cause frustration. Instead, focus on learning the game and playing decks made by other players rather than made by yourself at first.
    You just got into the game a few days ago, its only natural that your winrate will be low.

15. Tarth

Im not complaining, Im asking if that is how the game works because that's how it feels. Is there a fast way to make gold? I read that its play ranked, but Ive gotten nearly no gold for that. Whats the fastest way?

16. Pedeguerra

17. Tarth

That doesnt tell me how to get the gold to get in the arena. 150 gold might not be a lot to you but when I have to play 10+ ranked games to get 50ish gold its kinda a pain in the ass

18. Pedeguerra

Well, then, you have to save your gold from the daily quests and go from there. Do not spend gold to get packs, its hardly worth it. So yeah, you pretty much have to start learning how to save up until 150 gold, then spend it on Arena runs, and repeat the cycle.
    The key here is that once you reach 7 victories in Arena, you get a pack + 150 gold, so you are essentially getting packs for free.

19. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

That's what the forums are for :p

20. Tarth

Oh ok, that makes sense.

raid leader, good or bad? The paladin guide doesnt say to use them but im curious why.