Hearthstone players, unite!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Pedeguerra, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

players who want to win the game before turn 8 will find a way, and as long as leeroy Jenkins remains as is, I don't worry about rank much. I just build my decks to handle a fun late game and squelch everyone so I don't get too irritated.

2. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Yeah, Im still amazed that Leeroy has stayed as is for such a long time. Although, ppl cried about Ragnaros from the get go and now I think not nerfing it was a good move.
    Loatheb such an awesome counter to Rogues, though, that was awesome.

3. Ragic

ragnaros still feels cheap to me though I can counter him easily enough. my guess on LJ is that they don't want to nerf a major card while their tournament is ongoing.

4. Pedeguerra

Yeah, probably. But I still think his nerf is coming soon.

5. Pedeguerra

Whats up with this thing? Ive seen something here and there on the forums about this, but what does it even mean? I dont think Ive ever played against one.

6. Pedeguerra

Hahaha, lol. What people do these days, man.
    Why are they a problem, though? I mean, should be fairly easy to beat any of them, should it not?

7. Pedeguerra

True, true.
    Although I've been consistenly beating both these past couple of months, and with the release of Loatheb I have been facerolling anything that relies heavily on spells.
    I just dont get HS nerf policy, though. I mean, sure its a good thing not nerfing a bunch of runes because of complaints, but I fail to see how tapping things slowly would be bad for the game.

8. Pedeguerra

Agreed.
    On general, though, Naxx is shaping up nicely for a non expansion type of thingy. At least Im enjoying it a lot, since I didnt spend a dime to acquire the wings so far and already have 2.1k for the next wings.

9. Ragic

just after getting the 2nd wing, I found Firefall and haven't touched HS since. gonna be a long gold grind when I come back to it.

10. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

whats firefall

11. Ragic

sci fi mmo. has a starcraft feel to it.

12. Pedeguerra

Ok Military Quarter was a blast, and gave incredible cards.
    Im giving thumbs up to Blizz so far.

13. Pedeguerra

So I've decided to bump this thread, since it seems to me more and more people are getting into HS.
    On HS news, they have announced two new nerfs to iconic cards: Starving Buzzard and Leeroy Jenkins.
    LJ nerf seems solid, and might address some of the most problematic combos.
    Buzzard nerf seems too much, though (I may be biased cause Hunter is my favorite class). I dont think it makes the class unplayable like many people are portraiting, but oh boy here we go for a Warlock Zoo meta. Again.

14. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Who cares about HS, Pox is all the rage.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  15. Pedeguerra

I dont know man, might be your impression of things. Like me and Sep pointed out in another thread, there are a couple of Naxx cards that are auto include material for any bg, and some other are really on top of the meta. Maybe you felt it didnt shake things up because you werent playing, but if you log on you will see a lot of Naxx cards being played in every game.
    Regarding the game's depth, it has a lot more to do with the game being new than anything else. It really takes skill to win after a certain point (rank 5 onwards), and the better you get the less luck influences the results.

16. Ragic

everyone runs the eggs, few play them properly though. I think their most devastating effect is in warlock decks. they seem to have the proper tools.

btw anyone else have connection issues lately?

17. Pedeguerra

Well, Warlock has the proper tools to make full use of it early, but potentially any card that buffs another can make the egg of use, and thats why its so splashable.
    Im trying a buff Druid bg atm with some cool cards (Echoing Ooze, Egg), and have had decent sucesss with it (granted, ranks from 12-10). It seems to stop having success at rank 10.
    I am having connection issues lately, mainly just a lag for a few minutes then it goes away. I thought it was an issue with my internet.

18. Ragic

there was a brief statement on the bnet load screen about dos attacks a few days ago, haven't heard much since and the problem is intermittent (for me) but it will actually boot me from game.

19. Lux

Lux New Member

Can't believe they're nerfing Buzzard to a 5 mana 3/2.

20. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

is leery jenkins still a thing?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014