Hearthstone players, unite!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Pedeguerra, Jul 21, 2014.

1. KelRama

KelRama The King of Potatoes

Leeroy Jenkins should cost 6 Mana and Buzzard 4 or 3

2. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

finally finished Nax. was glad to start opening packs again. think im gonna shift to warrior. that class can put out some crazy dmg early game.

3. Lux

Lux New Member

Aggro warrior deck?

I really want to build a control warrior deck but they're so costly.:eek:

4. Ragic

I never really bothered to look up deck types. But if aggro warrior means using the guys with enrage and/or charge then yeah, that. though I don't have the boss yet. Liking the way the Nax axe helps fuel enrage champs. I also run a deathwing as a late game board clear and well... because I have one and he's cool.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  5. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

Add me on hearthstone nubs: KiwiKhan

6. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

I mainly play Ramp Druid and Control Warlock.

7. Anima26

The buzzard nerf, kneejerk wise, seems completely ********, 5 mana cost is way too much of a nerf, and it has 3/2 stats for 5 mana...just lol blizzard.

8. Anima26

gnomes and goblins incoming.

9. Anima26

Would this be Amaz youre refering to Sok? Ive seem him win multiple BIG tournaments off of Ragnaros RNG. Its the one thing i really dislike about HS, its heavily RNG focused and the very fact that someone is winning such a big tournament off a pure RNG turn is kinda stupid tbh. Nevertheless, its still a fun game.

10. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

while individual plays can be highly rng it is worth noting that the same players end up at the top consistently.

11. Anima26

i hate the priest class btw, i constantly lose to bs rng thoughtsteals.

12. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Wow, this thread was without discussions since November? Shame.
    Im moving away from posting too much on Pox Forums again - my fiancee says I go pretty crazy when Im playing too much Pox/posting too much about it, I will slowly be phasing out again. I might play a game or two occasionally, but competitive Pox for me is no more. Im not too worried about it, though, I've come full circle with Pox and I will always be proud of how much I helped and how much I kicked @ss. Besides, winning vs limited leaguers with my alt ocasionally is a lot more fun, so I will still be doing that.
    With that said, how about HS huh? Ive been playing it since Beta and, without a dime spent, have already almost all runes, except for Legendaries, of course.
    There is an expansion (adventure) coming in the 18th, and it will be the same as Naxx: 700 gold per wing. Ive managed to save 2.1k gold already, so by the time it releases all wings I should be able to have them all (again, without spending $).
    Whate are your expectations? Mine are high (hehehe), although I feel more powercreep incoming - which brings me to the other topic, is there a way for card games to be NOT about powercreeping? Cause it seems that is the case with every release.
    Since I have all the cards Im not bothered much, but its there.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  13. Ragic

I dust cards of classes I don't really like playing (priest, rogue, druid, shaman). that's a lot of dust. full pirate and murloc collection. favorite deck currently is paladin muster.

14. Pedeguerra

Really? I have never dusted stuff in HS at all, I figured if I was going to start a fresh game I'd play everything. Its really good, "fun wise", not being associated with a specific hero (or faction) - nerfs dont bother me that much, and as soon as an "overpowered" theme comes along I can just put the cards together and play it (much like the whales do in Pox).
    I really specialized in Arenas, though, thats what really made the difference for me. Whenever I play it, I always get at least 7 wins, which means Im getting a pack for free everytime.
    Not to mention, the (few) times I managed to get 12 wins, I got a really, really nice deal out of it.
    Im excited to see what they have in store with this new expansion, I always thought dragons were a cool theme and it seems they will be getting some love now.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  15. Joker

Joker I need me some PIE!

I used to dust hunter and warrior, but lately I started dusting only cards I already had 2x. My main is priest all the way!:D I'm almost resching the 500 wins with priest.

16. Ragic

I rarely see other golds which would imply player retention is a problem. or maybe theyre more common at a higher rank than Im used to.

17. Joker

Joker I need me some PIE!

No, I see them very rarely too. In the earlier stages of the game when I saw a golden player I tested if the player was a bot, because that was usually the case.

18. Pedeguerra

I achieved my Golden Hunter not too long ago, in January.
    Now aiming to get either Warlock or Mage, whichever comes first.

19. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I am about 100 games from golden Paladin.

20. Pedeguerra

Nice, Mark.
    I was checking yesterday and it seems more realistic for me to persue getting Golden Warlock first, since with it I have almost 300 wins. With mage Im only approaching 200, so it will still take a while.

Edit: btw, they already previewed some interesting cards for Blackrock Mountain. Anyone excited about them or just worried about incoming powercreep? As I said previously, I choose the first option because it seems powercreep is in the nature of card games, and Ive stop minding it much (as long as I can get the new cards, that is).

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015