Hearthstone players, unite!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Pedeguerra, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Low patience can be a bit of a killer when facing certain opponents or playing certain decks. But it shouldn't be a major problem.

You should give it a try at least, decide if it's for you after that.

2. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

New Priest Legendary:

Herald Volazj
    6 Mana 5/5

Battlecry: Summon a 1/1 copy of each of your other minions.

Quite interesting. Best you can do is get 3 1/1 in terms of stats, as your board fills up. Which would still be fair if it weren't conditional on you having 3 minions in play already. Mostly though, this guy is good for creating copies of aura, Deathrattle, static, and repeating effects.

Unfortunately, a lot of the best effects, Sylvanus, Ysera, Emperor Thaurissan, can't generally be played in the same turn. There's also the question of why you'd playing Volazj over Faceless Manipulator, and the point of it being unlikely to get solid use out of 3 such cards.

Ultimately, I don't think he's quite good, but maybe some new cards will come out that help. Infested Tauren (snirk) is one such possibility, a Neutral 2/3 Taunt for 4 mana with Deathrattle: Summon a 2/2 Slime (Note: the slime does not have taunt, sorry Sludge Belcher fans), but I don't really see that being a useful turn 10 play most of the time (and good luck getting a 2/3 taunt to survive a turn), solid anti-aggro on it's own though.

We'll have to wait and see but while it's super interesting, it seems slightly lacking.

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Have been playing face hunter and aggro shaman, which was a nice change from all the control I usually play. Ended up liking it a lot. Especially face hunter. Games don't last 20 mins for a change.

10 days left till end of season

Am tempted to grind above rank 10 for personal glory

4. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Great when you're ahead (and probably already winning), utter trash if you're behind. Seems like every cheap card that could combo well with this are rotating out.

5. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Good analysis, agreed.
    Also, what jib said.
    BP, just do it bud. Not only for personal glory, though, you get a better chest reward and thats a nice treat.

6. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Speaking of yawn, that warlock board clear...

7. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Been playing mostly Patron Warrior with a dash of Midrange Hunter. Was finally able to push up to 11 only to fall down almost immediately to a mirror where he got his patrons out first. I am going to try to hit 10 by the end of the month in order to get the sweet, sweet extra golden common. Getting rank 5 seems unreasonable with my current skill level and collection limitations. Plus this will give me a good opportunity to transition over to Pox again for the new expansion and then back over to HS (outside of doing dailies) once WoG comes out. Woo.

8. Pedeguerra

[​IMG]
    Discuss this Card

Yeah, thought the same.
    I mean, if you are so far behind on turn 10 that you have to use this in order to make a comeback, you probably lost. Wont see play in most decks, probably.
    On a C'thun oriented deck, on the other hand, this might see play because of the draw aspect, dont know.
    Hope it has awesome animation.

9. doubtofbuddha

So is the lack of playable cards up to here worrying?

10. Pedeguerra

No, I dont think so. Two reasons:

1) They have released just a small portion of the cards, they are probably saving the best for later. There are other "old Gods" to be revealed, and even though I think there arent new key words being implemented, maybe we are missing the "bigger picture" of the release.
    2) The meta will shift a lot in Standard after its implementation. There are probably a lot of things that will be weak in "wild mode" and strong in standard. We just have to wait and see.

Either way, if I had to choose, I'd go with an expansion tipped to the weak side, just so that powercreep doesnt get too out of hand.

11. doubtofbuddha

Yeah, but a lot of the things they have shown are weak in comparison to the core set.

12. Pedeguerra

Yeah, I know, but I'm not particularly worried simply due to the fact that the meta will change a lot in Standard (the mode I will be playing), and we have no idea what it will be.
    Plus, Hearthstone players have a thing for misanalyzing previewed runes (Dr. Boom was considered underwhelming by the community, for example), and thats something to be considered as well.
    Either way, I'm not in the "boohoo bad cards expansion" train yet.

13. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Wait, you guys think DOOM! is bad?

It's quite a bit better than Twisting Nether in-spite of the higher cost. Twisting Nether has always seemed iffy to a lot of people I know, mostly because people always seem much more concerned about Aggro (and because Handlock already tends to have a stat advantage on board with giants), but it's seen some play in tournaments and in more control heavy "micro-metas."

This I could see getting far more play.

For example, this line of thinking:
    The "cost" of playing this when you're only "slightly" behind is much lower compared to Twisting Nether, because you'll draw cards not just for your opponent's minions but also for your own.

Twisting Nether is of course great against multiple mid-range or higher targets when you have few of your own, but this is relatively fine even if you have a solid number of minions of your own that just don't happen to match up (trade well) at the time, or you need more time to avoid your opponents lethal while putting damage to their face. Provided of course you can avoid over-drawing.

For any late-game Control Warlock I could see this seeing lots of play as a 1x, and possibly for some Combo-ish decks as Pede mentioned.

14. Pedeguerra

Well, yeah, the more I think about it, the more I feel this is a good fit only for Comboish decks.
    Stall stall stall until you have all your pieces in hand, if you dont you can drop this bomb and hope you have all the pieces drawn next turn.
    On Zoo and Renolock, though, this spell is a no go.
    So yeah, all in all, I dont think its bad per se, but not stellar either.

15. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

I said yawn, I didn't say it was bad.

What worries me is that, while being a super great card advantage spell, how the hell card advantage matters on turn 10+ while playing warlock. Especially a control variant that can get away playing a 10 mana wipe.

16. doubtofbuddha

Just out of curiosity about what ranks do you guys get to when you are active?

17. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Zoo obviously wouldn't run it, but I'm surprised to hear the claim that Renolock wouldn't.

*shrug*

Well, I'm sure one or both of us will be proven right or wrong on the matter eventually.

18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

11 again now

im real bad

19. doubtofbuddha

n00b. I am 11 and I have not played in over a year.

20. Poxpoints

Poxpoints I need me some PIE!

Haven't found a lot of time to play lately, but usually I end somewhere around rank 3 - 4 when I'm active.

Cheers,

Josh753

doubtofbuddha likes this.