Hearthstone players, unite!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Pedeguerra, Jul 21, 2014.

1. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

N'zoth actually looks like he could be good. Strong for sure in wild. Maybe good in standard.

2. doubtofbuddha

So what deck does N'zoth seem best in? Warlock? Infinite Dreadsteeds seems funny.

3. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Isn't that kind of redundant?

Anyway... probably Rogue at the current rate.

Depends on what other "corrupted" Deathrattle cards show up. There's already been Hoarder, Healbot, and Tauren, and some others but some of those are just kind of "meh" and others are flat out not that good. Would N'Zoth be enough to make them see more play?

I dunno.
    Seriously, WTF, lol.

4. doubtofbuddha

N'zoth would probably be good enough just with a handful of the beefier mid-range to control cards. Imagine getting a 2nd Tirion or Cairne. It make Entomb a lot more useful too.

5. doubtofbuddha

Two mediocre reveals:[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

that I think is the most boring legendary to date.

Ohmin and BurnPyro like this.
  7. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I'm impressed that they managed to make a Legendary that is much, much worse than Gruul and thought it would be cool. The Giant Sandworm is far superior to it. Oh well.

More Deathrattle is interesting. Not sure it's good (in fact I think it's not) but it is interesting.

8. doubtofbuddha

Yeah. Only really exciting release yesterday was the Old God.

9. doubtofbuddha

I got a 60 gold Shaman or Warlock daily. Since I have no warlock cards to speak of, I ended up playing this:

https://tempostorm.com/hearthstone/decks/bloodlust-shaman-meta-snapshot-48

Pretty fun! I replaced Dr. Boom with the Windlord, but I am not sure that was the right choice. Thought about adding some more spell support, but still undecided. Only matches I have had trouble with are the mirror (vs. aggro shaman) and mage decks.

I could build aggro shaman, but I am lacking the Crackles. (https://tempostorm.com/hearthstone/meta-snapshot/the-old-standard)

I could probably build them if I was convinced this deck would be good for laddering, but I am not.

10. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Windlord is awesome, don't worry about it.

Though personally I've always been a fan of 1x Bloodlust rather than 2x Bloodlust. Less reliable sure, but it can be a very situational card. Would much rather run a Doomhammer (or insert other solid 5-drop here if you don't have one).

I don't know if Aggro Shaman is really that good or not. All I know is that it is extremely boring to me personally. I'd much rather play Aggro Warlock, even if just because it's more fun.

Probably the closest to a "fun" Aggro Shaman deck I'd play is Mech Shaman, though obviously given your lack of interest in GvG it probably wouldn't appeal to you even if you had all the necessary cards.

11. doubtofbuddha

Yeah, I have 2 Doomhammers. I have played more ranked Warrior than ranked Shaman, but Shaman is my highest ranked character. So I have an okay Shaman collection too.

And yeah Windlord has given me some wins, or at least helped me close out games. Two bloodlusts means you can run one for a big turn against your opponent's board and then again to close out the game. Drawing two is painful though, unless you control the board.

This:
    http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/456839-kolentos-tempo-battlecry-mage also looks like fun, and 3 commons is not a huge deal.

Ohmin likes this.
  12. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Xaril, Poisoned Mind:

4 Mana 3/2 Legendary, Rogue

Battlecry AND Deathrattle: Add a random Toxin card to your hand.

Toxins all cost 1 mana and are Rogue spells.

Bloodthistle Toxin: Shadowstep (except costing 1 mana)
    Briarthorn: Give +3 attack to a minion
    Fadeleaf: Give a (single) friendly minion Stealth until the beginning of your next turn.
    Firebloom: Deal 2 damage
    Kingsblood: Draw a card

EDIT: Commentary:

The "Toxins" are named after Vanilla WOW herbs. On a related note, Firk Bloodthistle. Anyway, it's basically a small Toshely for Rogue only... but I think it's stats-to cost are a little lacking, even if most of the effects are much better than Spare Parts (except one, which does the exact same thing, but that was easily one of the best Spare Parts from GvG anyway...)

It's unclear if there will be other ways for Rogues to generate Toxins at this point or not.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  13. doubtofbuddha

I... I like that. Also good with potential deathrattle battlegroups.

14. doubtofbuddha

The new warrior weapon is God-awful.

15. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

man they are pushing the power level waaay down, most of the cards I have seen are at best average in arena. Looks like the format will be who had the better C'thun deck because none of the other cards do anything.

I supposed N'Zoth is interesting but with the loss of belcher less so and should really only cost 8 (kel'thuzad is similar for comparison). Only other cards that I find remotely interesting are undercity huckster, eater of secrets (if secrets become a thing), and ancient shieldbearer (though that last one is because I love my control warrior which is now pigeonholed into being a C'thun deck)

16. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

It's odd, but the more I think about Tentacles for Arms the more I think about anim- Er, the more I think that it's actually not terrible. Very much unlike Poisoned Blades, which is terrible and should FEEL terrible.

"So, Ohmin, how in the world is a 2/2 weapon for 5 mana not the worst idea since Since a 6/7 minion for 8 mana?" You might well and reasonably ask.

The reason it's not completely terrible is because it's best to not think of it as a card. It's best to think of it as a sacrificed card draw to have a secondary Hero Power.

It is basically much like Headcrack for Rogue, where you produce a lesser effect, but are able to reproduce that effect consistently. Or, for that matter, Adventurer's Hat for Hunter.

There are two notable differences:

1. Headcrack and the Hat are both much cheaper... but also provide lesser effects. Which makes Tentacles for Arms more efficient in the long run.

2. At present, there is absolutely no way to stop Tentacles for Arms from functioning, short of constantly keeping the Warrior Frozen somehow (but then that counters all Hero Attack-based cards and often takes a lot of dedication and resources to pull off).

Meanwhile, Headcrack can be stopped by bad draws or Counterspell, And the Hat, easily the cheapest and probably the easiest to abuse, is the most risky of all, with Transform and Silence and Return to Hand/Deck effects all able to keep the Hat from recurring. Or worse, effects which steal the enhanced monster and then give your opponent a Hat.

But at present there is no way to steal, counter, Silence, or Transform a weapon.

Of course, Hat and Headcrack aren't "good" (they don't get run, except in highly specialized decks which generally aren't top tier). But they aren't terrible.

But there are some times when playing Control Warrior that you'd be more likely to float a large amount of mana... but would that amount be 5 often enough to justify running it?

I'd probably want to throw this out, barring an already equipped superior weapon, over a "random" Shieldblock + Hero Power for example, wanting to save that Shieldblock for a time when I can use it with Shield Slam or something.

That doesn't mean it's necessarily good enough to run anyway. At present still no, but it is actually worth considering. Which puts the card in a better spot than my first impression placed it, and certainly it's still above Poisoned Blades.

17. doubtofbuddha

It feels like I am playing with one arm tied behind my back not having Dr. Boom in ranked. And I kind of wish I was playing fatigue insteead of patron.

18. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

See, this is where having Tentacles for Arms would come in handy. Not only do you effectively get more arms than the one tied behind your back, but the tentacles are much more supple and could probably reach around to untie that arm... :p

doubtofbuddha and Qucas like this.
  19. doubtofbuddha

:p

On the bright side I just hit Rank 10, so that means I get the extra golden common! :D I don't think it is realistic for me to get to Rank 5 before the end of the month, so I am probably just going to let it be for now. Though that Epic issss nice, three of the remaining nights this month are claimed by my girlfriend and I doubt she would be amused.

20. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Ragnaros, Lightlord (Paladin Legendary Minion)

8 Mana 8/8

At the end of your turn, restore 8 health to a damaged friendly character.

(Note, Ragnaros, Lightlord CAN attack. Naturally, "character" includes the Hero and minions, including itself.)

Commentary: That's a really big Lightwell. Honestly it's a reasonable card. An 8 mana 8/8 isn't impressive, but the heal can potentially make up for it.

Consider, for example, if you were to play a 5 mana 8/8 with no downside, that'd be "reasonable." This gets bundled with a 3 mana Healing Touch. While that might not be exciting in itself, the fact it's bundled gives it extra value.

Though it's random, it's actually easier to control than the Neutral Ragnaros, at least for the first turn it's in play.

It is, of course, still not as good as Tirion in general, though it could potentially get 1-for-0 against him eventually (continually healing itself if you're lucky) it's unlikely and more importantly simply doesn't have quite the same impact in that general sense, though it's worth noting that Healing is much more effective against Burst and Combo, which might make it a much better choice against C'Thun decks for example. Of course they are also not ultimately exclusive to one another.

Another card:

Infest (Rare Hunter Spell)

3 Mana

Give your minions "Deathrattle: Add a Random Beast to your hand."

Commentary: Might be fun with Unleash the Hounds on turn 6+ Otherwise it's... kind of bad honestly. You need to have two minions for it to be worthwhile, and you need to have those minions die without being silenced, though the latter part is less of an issue. Because of these limitations, you ideally want at least THREE to make up for all the conditions and limitations of the cards you otherwise get.

But it might be worthwhile in Mid-range decks with a low-ish curve, and again, ought to be good with UTH. I might be underestimating it but I'm not impressed at the moment.

Pedeguerra likes this.