Hearthstone players, unite!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Pedeguerra, Jul 21, 2014.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

[​IMG]

What now *****

2. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

And I am at 10. With my n00b handicap you need to get to 5 to be able to what now ***** on me.

3. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I agree with everything you posted. Saved me a heck of a time writing hehehehehe.
    My only gripe with the Lightlord is that, honestly, it could have been a paladin lore character. It doesn't make sense to have a "good" Ragnaros fighting exclusively for Palas. But hey, it is how it is.
    Infest will probably be very good in Arena, where even Ball of Spiders is played sometimes.
    I'm honestly not impressed with any of the Legendaries so far, though, not even with the 10 mana ones - I mean, both of them you have to make built around decks for them to work, I'm not so into that.
    The strongest one, by far to my eyes, is the Rogue one. Deploy a minion and get two 1 mana spells? Yes please. Stellar for combo decks.

Edit: btw, are you guys getting the 50 pack offer? I'm itching on this one because my TGT packs were sooooooo bad, and I do have 3300 dust. I will decide in the next couple of days.

Edit 2: nobody mentioned, but I thought this week's Brawl was a big relief from the meta and the same old cards we see everyday. I think these kinds are the best ones.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  4. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Well, if you think about it, Ragnaros, the Firelord is the version that is already twisted by the "Whispers of the Old Gods" since his quest to dominate the other Elements and Azeroth was set off by them. So Ragnaros, Lightlord is him trying to "redeem" himself. The "innate" and "pure" version, and we all know Paladin is about both purity and redemption....

Ah who am I kidding, I agree with you.

Pedeguerra likes this.
  5. doubtofbuddha

I am going to get the 50 pack deal, and may get another set of packs afterwards depending on how it plays our. Can you get 2? I feel the need to build up my collection, and I don't think I can really be serious about competitive play until after WOG, so I am going to hit the ground running.

Pedeguerra likes this.
  6. doubtofbuddha

[​IMG]

Look, it is a much worse Healbot!

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

all I do is win

[​IMG]

Also I only recently came back after not playing since uh, forever. I've played about two times of about a month each before.

And all I do is win

8. doubtofbuddha

You playing Handlock?

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Firk yes

warlock life

Ohmin likes this.
  10. doubtofbuddha

Neat! I was always curious about it before I took a huge amount of time off, but I did not have Jaxx, the Twilight Drakes, or a Mountain Giant so I mostly did not bother.

Why do you like it better than Renolock?

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I like more harder dmg.

Handlock is much greedier than Reno from what I can tell, since turn 1 is nothing, and turn 2-3 you are tapping hero power ideally.

And I'm a greedy Firker. I play some reno or zoo from time to time, but I have better succes with handlock recently. I only really struggle against mage, but I don't meet much shaman or rogue at all, so dunno, good matchups against secret pally and control decks.

Also jaraxxus is fav alltime. Ultimate greed.

In every game ever I just enjoy buildup I guess, dunno. Reno is probably better for ladder.

19madfox95 and doubtofbuddha like this.
  12. doubtofbuddha

13. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Looks like Cho'Gall will indeed be part of this set if the art is anything to go by (figured once I saw the theme honestly).

Bet it's the Warlock Legendary.

Also, I hope that's a "Corrupted Wisp" for Thijs, and that it costs 10 mana, because that would amuse me.

EDIT: Someone needs to teach Kno's Elf-chick how to hold a freaking sword.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  14. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

This expansion feels wierd to me. It has a bunch of cool cards, like the old gods, the epic 0 mana spells or the rouge legendary. And a bunch of lame corrupted reskins. Just look at the new Mukla. Not only is he a reskin of a legendary nobody cared about. He also sucks. Ragnaros reskin bothers me. Because it makes no sense. I know HS isn't ''lore accurate'' but it still irks me seeing cards like these. Then we have legendaries like the Boogiemonster. Lame name and it's basically a worse Gruul. Gruul, who nobody plays and is available in the starter set to be played forever. Still excited generally for the expansion, but I feel like some of these cards are just bad, and that Blizzard are kinda lazy with all these alternate versions.

15. Pedeguerra

Yeah, Cho´Gal as the Warlock legend would be awesome. See, so much potential on this expansion and yet:

Agreed 100%.
    I'm bothered by the reskins as well, seems it's too early in the game to be pulling that.
    I'm not troubled by their power level because, honestly, powercreep sucks. Out of the 150 cards being released, if 50 are playable I will be happy.
    To be completely honest, though, I'm more excited about Standard mode and nerfs to OP cards than by the expansion itself.

16. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

The reskins are silly and stupid, but I don't really have a problem with it. I think part of the problem is that they are being (slightly) over-cautious with things that don't cost 10 mana, which is related to Standard coming out.

They want to keep the power-level down, and it results in bad cards that would have probably been at least decent if they were cheaper.

A 5-mana Mukla for example, or a 7 mana Boogeymonster, would have been fine, though probably still not great. But I do think they are intentionally trying to bring down the power level compared to GvG and Naxx with their replacements. The Apothecary Cultist thingy for example, compared to Antique Healbot, will generally (but not always) be worse even with the higher stats, even if for no other reason than that it sucks against Combo while Healbot was highly useful in that regard.

The problem, as I see it, was that other than a few exceptions (Boom, I'm looking at you kid) GvG was NOT a power-creep compared to Classic and Basic cards. So... I dunno. Part of me is getting more and more concerned about what nerf(s) they'll be doling out to Classic and Basics, using the "opportunity" of Standard coming out.

*shrug*

But this is getting far ahead of ourselves I think. Boogeymonster and Mukla are hardley the first bad Legendaries to ever get printed in an expansion. And while the Boogeymonster being as pathetic as it is seems largely inexcusable to me, I could see the argument of Mukla. Bananas are generally "better" than Spare Parts, getting both at once is better than 1 now and 1 later... therefore lower stats than Toshley. I'm not sure that's solid for losing 2 stat points, and Toshley didn't see that much play (saw some though) in the first place, but at least I can see the logic in terms of design method.

Anyway, previews like what we've seen is a large part of why I try not to get too caught up and "preorder" a set right away, I tend to wait until most/all the cards have been previewed, to be sure it's what I actually want.

17. doubtofbuddha

[​IMG]

Shadow Word: Horror

Class: Priest

Card type: Spell

Rarity: Rare

Mana cost: 4

Card text: Destroy all minions with 2 or less attack.

I like it. Probably will see play.

18. Pedeguerra

At first I thought so too, but then I checked it again and its "2 or less attack". Ugh.

19. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Early to judge but holy Bane Shift is this expansion shaping out to be super lame.

Still preordered

Saandro likes this.
  20. doubtofbuddha

Yeah. I am still preordering, but if it turns out that there is hardly anything playable from the set, then that is probably where I will stop.