Hearthstone players, unite!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Pedeguerra, Jul 21, 2014.

1. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]
    If Druid Beasts are a thing this seems pretty good.

2. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Druid beasts are almost a thing.
    This card is baller and will definitely improve the theme.
    If they nerf the Combo I might play it to finish my 500 quest.

Edit: Im gonna preorder too.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  3. doubtofbuddha

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

[​IMG]

ALL I DO IS WIN BABY

IMAGIRL likes this.
  5. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

You're all nuts.

Unrelated:
    I like the Bear Buff. Losing Druid of the Fang really sucks for Druid Beasts though. But it's the only major loss (Creeper was cool and all but not actually that important for Beasts in the long run), so provided some replacements it ought to become more of a thing.

6. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Nightmare Dragon.

6 Mana 2/8 Neutral Dragon

At the start of your turn, double this minion's Attack.

Commentary: I take it Master of Disguise is likely to be changed?

In any event, outside of some shenanigans, I'm not actually impressed by this. Obviously, it has some potential alongside some buffs. For example, in Priest you could play this and Inner Fire, get yourself an 8/8 for 7 mana and two cards, that becomes a 16/8 at the start of your next turn if it lives. Or with Rogue, you could give it Cold-Blooded and get a 6/8 that'll be a 12/8, etc.

But on it's own it'll be a 2/8, which is very weak for a 6-drop. Next turn it's a 4/8, which is still below average. It's only until the third turn that, without any buffs, it actually becomes worth-while... and that's still no better than a Giant.

If it's been alive for 4 turns, you get a 16/8, sure, but then how much more damage could you have done with a Giant or even a Vindicated Doomsayer or something if you were able to keep them alive for 4 turns?

Even a Boulderfist Ogre would still break even on turn 3, and it doesn't have the risks associated with Nightmare Dragon.

The problem with buffs, obviously, is that it's very difficult to make use of such things, especially if you want to play them early to get the most use out of the effect as possible (and if you don't, why not play something else?)

So you're pretty much left with Rogue, and trying to protect it with Fadeleaf Toxins, Conceal, and Master of Disguise (which may be changed due to it's lack of duration limitations). It might have some potential there, but it still seems very slow and overly card-intensive.

7. doubtofbuddha

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Preordered 50 packs

I have money, exite and entertain me dammit!

9. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

But but... the card back I'll never use!

Ohmin and BurnPyro like this.
  10. Pedeguerra

Yeah, this dragon is terrible. Sure you can build around it, but you can also build around Gazhrilla, for example, and look how that turned out.

Seriously legit and op, probably.

11. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

I feel like if hobgoblin wasn't great this won't be either

12. doubtofbuddha

This works on more champions than hobgoblin; it hits ones that come from spells and the hero power too.

13. doubtofbuddha

The new brawl is pretty fun. I played a weapons + upgrade + mortal strike warrior (with my one mountain giant, the big warrior legendary whose name I do not remember atm, and some other good big champs) and was able to mostly kill them before they could even really drop minions. Faced a priest and drew upgrade + arcane reaper + both my mortal strikes finished him off when he got to 8 hps and had his own mountain giant and ragnaros on the board.

14. Pedeguerra

Pretty much this:

Also, Hobogobo was kinda of slow for Rushadin - even though this card is 3 mana, her stats are good - it can be dropped without slowing down tempo, which is great.

15. doubtofbuddha

This set is also going to see the release of a new paladin spell that drops 5 1/1s. So there is the means to deploy a big sticky board through this as well.

This champion is going to be a big part of paladin aggro and maybe mid-range.

Pedeguerra likes this.
  16. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

So this is what I'm thinking for Standard* Control Rogue so far: http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilde...7229:2;22324:1;33139:1;33134:1;22374:2;557:2;

If Taunt is more important, I can easily replace Vendors with Shieldmastahs, or maybe even Infested Tauren. Earthen Ring can be swapped out for BGH (pending any potential changes to the card) if I don't need to worry about aggro too much, etc. Xaril would be experimental, and I'd think of something else if I don't actually get him any time soon, but this is theory-crafting so may as well go with it. (I actually still don't have Anub'arak yet either, but he's more essential to the deck and would need to be crafted for it IMO).

What do you folks think?

*(The Wild variant would have more 5-drops I think.)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  17. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Two things:

1. It has been clarified that Twilight Drake WILL get Divine Shield from the new Steward of Darkshire, but minions summoned by Redemption would NOT unless they already qualified. (I also assume this also means an enemy Repentance will not make your minions qualify either.)

2. New card: Skeram Cultist, 6 mana 7/6 Neutral, Battlecry: buff C'Thun +2/+2 (wherever he happens to be). I'm still waiting for the card that reduces the enemy/all C'Thun stats or wipes out the buffs, as I think at least one that does something like that is very likely.

18. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Couple of things.

-Pit Snake starts to really shine behind taunts. So Senjins would probably be a better fit.
    -Not sure how I feel about 1x Prep+Sprint (and even FoK for that matter, I know Muster is rotating but still... CARD DRAW). And weirdly, the first thing I'd drop for a second of each is... Pit Snake.
    -Cutpurse never really cut it for me. It's a great magnet for removal that's for sure but dunno, kinda underperforms. Might change in Standard and is worth a try but I wouldn't keep my hopes up.
    -SI where? Seriously. It's SI. I know it doesn't have deathrattle and the tempo gain might not be crucial in a control build but... dude... SI.

But I dig the deck, depending on what I open I'll probably aim toward something similar.

Pedeguerra likes this.
  19. Pedeguerra

Yeah, pretty much this. Of all of us guys talking here, I think Jib plays Rogue the most - good feedback here.

1. The more I think about it the more I'm certain Steward will be a x2 auto meta card in a lot of decks. Cool.

2. I don't like this "buff a champ only" idea - but hey, we will see how it turns out. Either way, solid stats.

Preordered. Now we play the waiting game.

20. doubtofbuddha

New mage spell. Epic. 5 mana. Draw 3 random mage spells.