Hearthstone players, unite!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Pedeguerra, Jul 21, 2014.

1. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Deathwing, Dragonlord.

10 mana. 12/12
    Deathcry: Put all the dragons from your hand into the battlefield.

2. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

YEAH THE NZOTH DRAGON DECK DREAM!!!

TIMMMMMMMYYYYYY!!!

At least the art is sweet.

3. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Priest card is (as they always are) Combo-tastic but it's probably good. If nothing else, the option to turn 2 or 3 CoH to clear is quite helpful pending the meta. Most people will probably be thinking of that and Flash Heal.

Still not as good as the minion in a general sense, though there is something to be said for being able to better control the timing/duration of the effect.

Deathwing... he's okay. If nothing else a 10 mana 12/12 is technically good value.

In my experience you won't actually have that many good Dragons to put into play by turn 10 (let alone that you're willing to skip out on their Battlecry with), especially since one of "the big ones" would be taken up by Deathwing himself. But it's conceivable you could play this guy and get Chromaggus or Ysera out as well. It's just unlikely you'll get much else... not that you particularly need to. On the other hand, once you do you also likely lose your Dragon synergy, so if you don't win with that play... woops!

4. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

I went deeper, I'm already at the Volazj+Corrupted Healbot level.

5. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I... don't think that's very good though. I mean, if you can pull it off, great but...

I guess you could run a C. Healbot into the enemy Sen'jin (or whatever people play) , CoH, and wipe the board while doing 8 damage? Still feels really optimistic. Let alone getting Volazj in on the action.

I don't know if you've ever tried, but generally speaking the Zombie Chow version of this did not work very well either. Or rather, it was extremely unreliable and almost never worked out that well. Granted, C. Healbot will generally have a better chance of living for the turn you might be able to pull this off due to it's cost window but...

Well, maybe having 3-4 cards that can switch your healing will make it reliable enough.

6. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Of course it's not. So is the Velen otk/burst/dumbstuff.dek.

Doesn't mean I won't try.

Ohmin likes this.
  7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

silence was getting hit doe

8. doubtofbuddha

Yeah. Some of these are borderline enough that things we are not currently aware about regarding the format could have an impact on how playable they are. Like, sure Deathwing is a big fat-assed dragon that might not work, but unlike something like a few of the elder gods, I could see situations where he could be used. He is the sort of rune that could easily end up in competitive decks, even if he currently has problems.

9. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

DUDE
    Velen OTK, from my experience, is a deck that was missing just a couple of cards to be tier 1. I did some testing with a friend, and he had great results (although, he played on the rank 10-5 range).
    I think this cards straight up shoots it to tier right now.
    Post Standard, though, I'm not sure.
    My analysis on Deathwing is the same as Ohmin's, but I'd say its better than just "ok".
    BP, how is silence getting nerfed? Didnt hear about that one.

10. doubtofbuddha

There are strong rumors about it based on HS dev comments and how the deck recipes came out (no owl, for example)

11. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Should've known, as I posted that I queued into 2 Velen decks and got destroyed. Ok it didn't help that I was playing lock and load hunter with absolutely no pressure but still. And by no pressure I mean there's 3 minions in the deck.

Ohmin likes this.
  12. Pedeguerra

Hahahaha
    Awesome
    But yeah, problem with the Velen deck was:
    1) Drawing that minion that changes heal for damage (forgot the game);
    2) Actually deploying it and having it live for next turn.
    With a 2 mana spell, however, it's a whole different ballpark.

13. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I really don't think Deck Recipes are a good thing to base such rumors on. Dev comments is a little too nebulous as well.

I do know that there have been some arguments in favor of nerfing Silence in some way, or having more counter-play to it, but none of them have been terribly convincing.

Auchenai Soulpriest

14. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

I am curious what people think about the forbidden spells, at first blush I thought they were terrible but thinking on it they seem like they could possibly provide enough utility to be decent.

15. Pedeguerra

I personally feel the priest one is pretty OP, paladin one as you said can be decent and for mage it will be a tough include in tempo.

16. doubtofbuddha

Do any of you have suggestions for a paladin or priest deck that I can run without needing anything from GvG? I have one of the 60 gold quests, and just need something that can get me 5 games in unranked without too much trouble.

17. Pedeguerra

You can search in hearthpwn for the eboladin/rushadin deck.
    It's a pretty cheap deck and you either win with it or loose in the first 5 turns. Its pretty good for quests completion and fast rank grind.

18. doubtofbuddha

Yeah, but even that runs a bunch of paladin stuff from GvG. I guess I could try to make a worse variant of it though.

19. Pedeguerra

Just jam in there anything that:
    1) increases the attack on the minions;
    2) gives them survivability (divine shield, for example);
    3) is cheap.

Then proceed to hit face.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  20. doubtofbuddha

Sounds good!