Hearthstone players, unite!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Pedeguerra, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Way too much burst damage potential against an empty board, while also still excellent against a full board, and having little to no downside/difficulty to really set up or in terms of already included options for Freeze Mage or Mage in general.

I could see maybe "deal 1 to frozen targets" but dealing 4 is too much for this kind of card.

2. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

MUSEUM CURATOR BUFF

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
    SaintKiwi likes this.
  3. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Seems reasonable.

Ohmin likes this.
  4. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

It has been clarified that "Demented Frostcaller" will NOT randomly target already Frozen characters. As such, there is no need to worry about redundancy (relatively speaking, if every Enemy is already Frozen the card's effect will become useless for the duration).

This makes it a much better card.

5. doubtofbuddha

6. doubtofbuddha

Card text is deal 1 damage to all enemy minions.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  7. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

It's a decent card. Rolls an Arcane Explosion into a 2/2 all for 3 mana.

Arcane Explosion doesn't see much constructed play but... honestly it should. The main reason it hasn't is mostly because of Cone of Cold which is more expensive but more useful to Freeze Mage decks (fancy that eh?) However, for the emerging "standard" Mid-Range deck, this provides a flexible and useful AoE tool.

Unlike Arcane Explosion, this card is at least always going to provide something. Unlike Arcane Explosion, this card cannot be buffed by Spell Damage effects.

Whether or not Mage players feel the need for AoE in a Mid-Range deck (or the need for a Mid-Range deck) is, of course, yet to be determined.

8. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Nozoth Hunter being pushed. After Worgen Stalker, this beauty :

[​IMG]
    Highmane #3, Sylvanas blowout, hella stats. Playable Hunter legendary what is this.

SaintKiwi and Ohmin like this.
  9. doubtofbuddha

Yay. I have been enjoying playing midrange and hybrid hunter as of late. Love the additional tools for it.

10. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Also... new common Druid card.

6 Mana 5/7 Taunt: Battlecry: Give your C'Thun +3/+3 (wherever it is).

11. doubtofbuddha

Also fantastic. Druid is seeking particularly Nzoth aligned. Most excited about the new cards from shaman, rogue, hunger, and Druid. The rest seem a bit more eh.

12. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

The new cards for "hunger" are indeed OP.

Gonna go eat somethin'.

19madfox95 likes this.
  13. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

New Legendary: Shifter Zerus

1 Mana 1/1

Each Turn This is in your Hand, Transform it into a radom Minion.

(This effect continues even after the first transformation as long as it remains in your hand and occurs at the start of each turn; there will be visual reminders to let you know it's Zerus and what's going on.)

Commentary:

I like it. It seems fun. I'm sure lots of people will absolutely hate it for how random it is.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  14. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

That's super dumb and I'm sure I'll open like 6 of those.

Will make for a nice brawl though.

15. doubtofbuddha

I know we have not seen half of the cards or the nerf but is there anything sticking out as being high on your want to play lists? I think I am most excited about deathrattle hunter and midrange shaman.

16. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

See that is a bad legendary I can get behind. Bad but unique and interesting.

17. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

The following is merely the art for the Possessed Villiger's Deathrattle Token, I hadn't seen it prior so I thought I'd link it in case anyone else was curious, it's pretty sweet art.
    http://media-hearth.cursecdn.com/avatars/286/558/635963176470861646.png

With regards to what kind of Decks I'm most looking forward to playing... As far as ones enabled by new cards... probably that Deathrattle Rogue deck I posted a while ago (with modifications). I haven't seen enough of the C'Thun cards (or the likely anti-C'Thun card) to be certain which class I'd want to play it out of, if any (other than I guess "not Priest" and "not Rogue"). Likewise I'll need to see more before looking forward to Beast Druid, though I've enjoyed messing around with it in the past.

In Wild I'll probably have new tools to mess around with a Mid-Range or even Hunter control deck, and I also look forward to Warrior Pirates, though I doubt it'll be "good enough" I like messing around with that sort of thing.

EDIT: Official confirmation of WOG's release on the 26th/27th (pending region).

Expect full spoilers and the patch notes for possible nerfs to Classic sometime in the next 7 days, likely this weekend after the show-match on the 21st. For those that haven't decided yet, this will also likely be the last window of opportunity to get the WOG pre-sale deal, as well as purchase at least 1 Wing of Naxx (which ensures you can buy the rest later) and GvG packs.

I still really, really hope they re-enable Adventure and Pack purchases later on, it seems so stupid, but in the mean time...

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  18. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

IT'S HAPPENING!!!

Raven Idol Brawl

19. doubtofbuddha

Won my first game with a mage. My opponent played a Fel Reaver and I fatigued him and then just drew spells to keep his scary board under control.

Pack was pretty good. Got my 2nd Snake Trap, a rare for dust, and a golden Coldlight Oracle which I could conceivably use some day but probably will not.

20. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member