Hearthstone players, unite!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Pedeguerra, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Yes, but that's not a card to buff C'Thun. The point is that to run Ancient Armor-guy or the Heal 10 guy or C'Thun, or Twins, is that you need to run enough C'Thun buffs so that you can play them more or less on curve and get your value. It's one of the reasons I don't like Klaxxi Amber-weaver (and thus Druid C'Thun decks): it's relatively un-likely to actually get to 10/10+ by turn 4, even if you run all three cheapo-units. Still worthwhile in the deck mind, just not likely to be a very valuable turn 4 play compared to other things.

The only two C'Thun buff cards that are particularly good for their cost are as I said Disciple and Chosen (arguably Blade of C'Thun as well, but that's less likely to be seen outside of C'Thun decks). Beckoner can also be "good" but that's in part because the 2-drop slot is generally more populated, so while there's solid competition (Flame Juggler, Twisted Worgen, Acidic Swamp Ooze, etc, to say nothing of Class-based 2-drops) there's enough room to run some of the best alongside Beckoner.

Of course, all of them are "decent" on their own, except Doomcaller and Crazed Worshipper, but even in Standard there are enough solid alternatives that other than those two in the previous paragraph you probably wouldn't generally consider bothering with them without C'Thun.

So far, and again, I'm not completely certain, I think C'Thun feels overpowered because all of the power is basically loaded into that one play... that might not even come. Almost everything else has a solid and more immediate or less conditional benefit which allows you to get more power there but spread out throughout the game.

But this is just my impression right now. I could be wrong and there may indeed be too much power, albeit conditional on drawing a 10-mana card for the most part (with a couple exceptions but still...) being back-loaded.

2. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Not my video of course, but I enjoyed it: (Language NSFW)

Poxpoints and doubtofbuddha like this.
  3. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

I kind of love this deck:
    [​IMG]

4. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

Played some classic N'Zoth warrior, getting back belchers, shredders, boombots (and the standard stuff) is amazing.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  5. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Someone played Yogg against me and actually won the game AMA

6. doubtofbuddha

How do you feel?

7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

This almost makes me want to play this garbage game.

8. Poxpoints

Poxpoints I need me some PIE!

I'm having a fair bit of success with one of my own creations, a revisited version of Miracle Rogue with Leeroy Jenkins.

BUT the spells aren't there mainly to provide dmg (as in the original version is the case) but instead to bring utility.

Feel free to upvote it:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/518257-miracle-rogue-leeroy-jenkins

Cheers,

Josh753

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  9. Poxpoints

Funniest stuff ever, haha!

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Playing this N'zoth Rogue atm. I'm a huge rogue noob (lol lvl 15 avatar) but damn it's fun

[​IMG]

Tips n tricks?

11. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Looks dope.

I really like to run Squidface in this, especially in a no Poison list, but I'm not seeing what you could drop. First thing that comes to mind is a Sap (loses a lot of value since everything and it's mom is battlecry cthun these days) but wouldn't say it's worth.

I'd also toy with the idea of swapping Cairne for an Auctioneer. That's veering in a completely different direction but it seems there's always that lull around turn 8/9 where going off and drawing half your deck wins you the game and your Sprint is nowhere to be found.

Or you deck yourself, whatever. It's nothing major, the list is pretty damn solid as is.

edit : hold up there's no Farseer in there, disregard Squid.

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Cairne is like half this deck though.

I don't think I need Auctioneer. I'm pretty much on full cards the whole game anyway.

I only really have problems with a bunch of high hp monsters and face decks. No antique or belcher hurts

13. doubtofbuddha

Refreshment Vendor, maybe?

14. Poxpoints

15. doubtofbuddha

The game seems a lot better than it used to be.

16. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

By the way, don't play Yogg against Sylvanas. I've been watching more vidoes. Apparently if you're unlucky and she steals your Yogg before it finishes, the remaining spells will be treated as if cast by your opponent (what's worse, it's still your turn, so any Secrets they get can be triggered immediately).

17. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Just logged on to say that I will be back from my honeymoon tomorrow, will open my 50 packs and start kicking arses all over the place.
    Cheers

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

gratz on the ring

19. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

From checking around, yeah, it does. When it first came out, the game was crazy vanilla -- felt like slowed down, simplified MtG. Some of the newer stuff is wonky, though. Doubt I'll play, but more fun to watch for sure.

20. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

I was sure you got banned or something.

Congratulations