Hearthstone players, unite!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Pedeguerra, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Yeah, dont think so. I've never played in casual mode, if thats what you mean.
    Id highly recommend sticking with Arenas if you feel you are facing too much of the same deck, at least thats what I do.
    Lastly, I almost dont loose to druids in Arena. Just save your silences/removals for the big minions (which you know will be coming) and you should be fine.

2. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Yeah that's what I'm trying to do... still need to do those quests to fund the next run though, going 4-3 every time is far from going infinite on arena. Speaking of which, I get why it gives a GvG pack but for people who didn't play much before, that's kind of frustrating having no access to the old stuff without buying packs. Save for arena, save for the 2nd wing of Naxx for Belchers... gimme goooooold. I should git gud.

The casual mmr is weird, you win 3-4 in a row, get crushed 3-4 in a row, cycle repeats. Hey at least I upgraded my River Crocolisks to Amani Zerkers now >_>

3. Pedeguerra

Theres also a daily quest in which you get a classic pack for observing someone and he/she wins. Its a nice treat.
    But yeah, on Arena runs you should be able to choose the prize, I think - either classic or GvG packs.

4. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

So I went ahead and dusted a couple of lame gold cards I had laying around and (somewhat) made that dumb mage deck that tops out at 4.

I either crash or burn spectacularly or it's over by turn 5. 10 gold at a time...

5. Pedeguerra

Oh, the dreaded mech Mage. Cool. I always have fun crushing it hehehee.
    Or loosing horribly.

6. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Not even, that was too expensive.

[​IMG]

Pint Sized needs to be a 2nd Juggler asap

7. Loyaute

Loyaute I need me some PIE!

These are my decks. I win every other game, pretty much.
    [​IMG]

8. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

pretty sure you could fit more purplz in that last one

9. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

10. Pedeguerra

11. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Yeah that was it.

Ranked is so much more enjoyable. Doesn't feel as unfair, at least until ~15

12. Pedeguerra

Nice.
    Just dont try to rank up too much as your "goal", it will feel rather frustrating unless you are running a top notch bg or have a lot of spare time in your hands.
    I just do the dailies in ranked and then save gold for arena runs, works for me as far as the "fun part" goes.

13. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Well I couldn't stay below 20 even if I tried... I stabilized at 18 with the mage deck I posted (went something like 17-6), playing anything else should drop me to a manageable level to do my dailies afterwards.

I have no aspirations of being higher than I am (nor should be), I just want "fair" games.

14. Pedeguerra

Nice, same here.
    Have fun!
    Im excited about getting the last pieces of the release to make me a dragon paladin deck, I think it will be quite fun and powerful.

15. Ragic

do you think Rend Blackhand will have an impact on leg spam?

16. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

I lost to it without even having a leg in my deck. Guess I Mind Control'd the wrong thing. And ok, that game was already over anyway.

When you need 2 conditions to play an 7 drop with terrible stats, I'm not an expert but basic card evaluation says it's not that great. Especially when there's a 3 drop that does practically the same thing. But hey, there's always that sylvanas combo that could happen.

17. Ragic

whats a good deck for that boss that limits you to one mana per turn?

18. Scarebear

Scarebear Devotee of the Blood Owl

I bit the bullet and finally d/l it. All I can say is HOT DAMN!!!

First day in I was playing pvp with a decent winrate within about 2 hours (tutorial could of been a bit shorter imo). 2nd day I got some luck on packs and was able to dust some decent stuff and play some wackier decks. About a week in now and have a decent collection (bought both adventures). Built some ok priest and mage decks and about to start ranked. Still studying and haven't tried arena but I think im starting to grasp what are the good picks.

All in all the experience as a new player is both simple and elegent. Easy to learn and with a good drop off point into pvp. Any pox player should be able to smash it.

Dragon Priest is crazy good :D

19. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

As someone who just got through this, don't be afraid of ranked. It's actually way easier.

General Draksomething? Mono8drop.dek with a class with some decent removal (Priest with SWD/Bomb/whatever, Rogue with Assasinate, Shaman with Hex etc etc)

I've read that you can cheese it if you manage to get Taunt+Kelthuzad on the board but I beat it before I could pull it off

20. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Oh and while we're at it I've got that spectate quest thingie. If you're on NA feel free to drop your name.