Hearthstone players, unite!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Pedeguerra, Jul 21, 2014.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

the greediest Bane Shift you've ever seen

21.png

I had 2x azure in it. Too it out for an Ysera and Sunwalker. I'm not sure I'm sold on the sunwalker. But then again, I don't really miss the azures. The only thing they really did for me was the 5/2 swipe against Bane Shift like zoo and shaman. Draws aren't that big of a deal in this deck. Only four spells in it either, dunno. A lot of big bodies in this deck.

I'm still on the fence on the raven idol vs living roots. But I really don't have much use for the 2x 1-1 minions. I don't bother much with early game and without savage roar they're pretty much just... eh.

Anyhow, feel free to criticize and/or praise.

oh and edit: staghelm is pure sex, holy moly that guy feels good to play

2. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Ckearly the answer is more greed. Get yourself an Aviana. :D

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Don't have one, don't feel like crafting one.

Maybe I need more 10 drops just for kicks idk

4. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

So like, I'm not a druid expert by any means (only 250 wins with it), and I'm slowly getting back into the competitive scene only now (after all the craziness from planning a wedding is over), but I think your deck could use a couple more ramp options.
    It seems to me that your win condition here is to drop your big guys as fast as you can and hope your opponent cant deal with them by the time they start to proceed to face. In that regard, I think your bg could use maybe 1 or 2 ramp options (darnassus and new guy).
    Also, it seems to me that the stellar decks of this set are the late game ones with Nzoth, and they get particularly stronger against Druids due to the lack of good removal options. But if you are getting good results with it, might just stick to the plan. I'd definitely remove that Sunwalker, though, and back with the Azures.

Either way, seems like a solid deck . I'm writing all of this because I face the exact same problems with my deck: great mid game, but the late game gets wrecked by other late game bgs.

Also, if you like Fendral as much as I do you really need to put more Choose One cards there. Starfall, for example, deals 7 DMG to a single minion + 2 to others, and the one that gives +1/+1 and a 4/3 Beast are must haves, I feel.

Thats why I been having a blast with the Reno version because it lets you mix combo pieces (Fendral) and strong finish (C'thun). My deck is not completed, though, I'm still trying to perfect it.

5. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Strongly tempted to disenchant my Golden Mukla (and somewhat less tempted to disenchant my Golden Captain Greenskin) in order to get some of the better legendaries I want. My list right now is:

Leeroy Jenkins (Miracle, Combolock, Zoo, and some Hunter decks)
    Varian (Tempo Warrior says what?)
    Jarraxus (Combolock says what?)
    Hallazeal the Ascended (there are some decks with him that I want to try)

Not Top
    Chillmaw (I like dragon decks, kind of.)
    Soggoth the Slitherer (Seems like a potential break out card later down the line)
    Nexus-Champion Saraad (seems like a fun tech card)
    Confessor Paletress (seems potentialy like an interesting choice)

Pedeguerra likes this.
  6. doubtofbuddha

7. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Mukla for Leeroy seems fine. Varian/Jarraxus is ok too. The rest is kinda lower tier non-essential stuff but then again, so is Greenskin. He's never rotating out though, that's a factor to consider.

Leeroy is pretty hot right now.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  8. Pedeguerra

Pretty much what Jib said, @doubtofbuddha .
    I still think Hallazeal is pretty bad, but I'm not playing Shaman atm so there's that.
    Few points:
    1) Jarraxus will forever be used in any Warlock bg out there, he's definetely a top priority;
    2) Varian I have seen used maybe a couple of times, the other Warrior legendary (the one with charge) is better;
    3) Leeroy only if you are into Combo and whatnot.
    4) I'd seriously consider crafting Harrison Jones if you dont have one.

9. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

the only warrior legendary variann is better than is the crappy mech one we got in GvG. he's far from a necessary card, malk and grom are both really good though

craft the black knight instead and make a crappy taunt deck :D

10. doubtofbuddha

I have a pretty good legendary collection at this point.

For classic I have:
    Al'Akir the Windlord
    Alexstrasza
    Archmage Antonidas
    Baron Gedden
    Bloodmage Thalnos
    Cairne Bloodhoof
    Captain Greenskin (Golden)
    Edwin Vancleef
    Grommash Hellscream
    Harrison Jones
    Malygos
    Onyxia
    Ragnaros the Firelord
    Sylvanas Windrunner
    The Black Knight
    Tirion Fordring
    Ysera

The Grand Tournament:
    Eadric the Pure
    Justicar Trueheart
    Rhonin
    Skycap'n Kragg
    The Skeleton Knight

Wrath of the Old Gods:
    C'Thun
    Fandral Staghelm
    Hogger, Doom of Elwynn
    Malkorok
    Mukla, Tyrant of the Veil (Golden)
    N'zoth
    Princess Huhuran
    Ragnaros Lightlord
    Twin Emperor Vek'lor
    Xaril, Poisoned Mind

So I don't need Harrison or the Black Knight right now. I crafted them both pretty early on with all the dust I got from the nerfs and my WoTOG purchases.

My arguments for getting Leeroy first are
    a) He is used as the primary finisher in one of the main top decks right now (Miracle)
    b) He is also used as a main finisher in one of the strong secondary decks at the moment (Renolock)
    c) He is used to some extent in a fair number of other decks.

Jarraxus is pretty tempting too, tbh. But he is used in just one deck right now, where Leeroy seems to be used in a bit of others. I am actually surprised that you all aren't seeing Varian much. He is in one of the main Tier 1 decks right now (at least according to Tempostorm's meta analysis: https://tempostorm.com/hearthstone/meta-snapshot/standard/2016-05-18

Other analysis I have seen have also put Tempo Warrior, featuring Varian, as a main deck.

11. Pedeguerra

Nice collection there, sir.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  12. doubtofbuddha

Thanks! I am so close to being able to run all the major decks I can taste it.

13. doubtofbuddha

This was my experience in ranked tonight:

Midrange Hunter (10 1 star; losss)
    Missed transforming his highmane, because talking to girlfriend. lost

Warlock (10; 0 stars; loss)
    Bad match-up. Was able to utterly out value me

Worgen OTK Patron (11; 3 stars; won!)
    I gained control of the board and never really lost it, thanks to some well timed removal. He never drew Fiery War Axe

Control Warrior (11; 4 stars; won!)
    Control Warrior = Midrange Shaman ez mode

Pirate Warrior. (10; 1 stars; loss)
    He went first. Gained control of the board. never lost it.

Control Priest (10; 0 stars; loss)
    He always had the right answers

Patron Warrior (11; 3 stars; loss)
    Bad opening hand and mulligan. Sarcasting astonishing on my 4th turn flamewreathed. Kept it on the board for 2 attacks.
    Drowned me under masssive answers, though he hit fatigue before killing me.

C'thun Warrior (11; 2 stars;win)
    Drew bloodlust while I had a board including thunder bluff valiant. Killed him from 25 hps. woo.

Miracle Rogue (11;3 stars; win!)
    Bad opening hand. Missed token attack, but he kept sapping my thing from below and I was able to take control with a thunder bluff valiant.

Mid-range shaman (11; 4 stars; loss)
    Was playing a slightly more controlling build, with fire elementals. lost. Played longer than I should have after he said well played, well before I needed to concede.

I stopped at that point.

For reference, my build: https://tempostorm.com/hearthstone/decks/midrange-shaman-standard-meta-snapshot-may-18-2016

14. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

Woah only one faceless?

15. doubtofbuddha

Faceless is more of an aggro card than midrange. I was actually running 0 until recently.

16. Pedeguerra

So I'm having a terrible time on standard ranking with my original made deck.
    It seems to be too draw reliant, and I've had my share of combos and fun I can have with it.
    Now its competitive mode on.
    Still sticking to druid, though (500 wins yada yada yada).
    Should I go for C'thun or Beast (which I feel are the best druid decks atm)?

17. doubtofbuddha

Pedeguerra likes this.
  18. Pedeguerra

Awesome, thanks.
    I will try the beast version then.

19. doubtofbuddha

20. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Beast all day everyday.

It's not great but it's not as lame as Cthun that's for sure.

Hell I just won a game because that shaman Hexed my Fandral while I had 2 dead Marks in hand. pewpew