Hearthstone players, unite!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Pedeguerra, Jul 21, 2014.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Trying to f2p this game. It's kinda neat, but the grind is certainly arduous.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

cthun decks are so bleeding boring

midrange hunter, call and highmane are winconditions on their own

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Oh, and huge thanks to @doubtofbuddha for the coaching, advice, and just hangin' out.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  4. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Your minions think you are weak.

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

They're not wrong.

6. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

First day using beasts: 8W 1L, straight from lvl 15 to 12 again. Yeah, this is my bg for the next seasons. Sweet.

It is doable, and with the implementation of Standard/Wild ranking you shouldnt have much trouble to make a competitive ranked bg.
    However, if you really want to F2P successfully, you have to become an Arena master. With 7 wins on that mode, you are guaranteed to get your gold back (150g) + a pack.
    So, from someone playing since Beta, here is my advice: always change your quests to the 60g ones, and dont stay 4 days straight without logging in (otherwise you will lose a quest). Then, when you reach 150g, spend it on Arena. Then repeat.
    Before playing, though, try watching a few matches from a guy on twitch called Ratsmah playing Arena - he is the best I've watched.
    Also, try finishing your quests while playing Arena - saves time.
    Again, once you get good, you will start getting 7 wins there regularly, and this will pay for your packs.

7. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

of note so long as you get 3 wins in arena you break even compared to buying a pack.

8. doubtofbuddha

Well after a very successful day of aggro shaman earlier in the week and a slightly less successful (and loooong) day of Aggro Shaman than Dragon Tempo Warrior, I have made Rank 5 for the first time. Woo. Now maybe I can make Legendary at some point.

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Rank 6 atm

Stopped playing except dailies though. Overwatch too good.

10. doubtofbuddha

11. Pedeguerra

Nice bud. Congrats.
    Now the real struggle begins, though, because there are no winstreaks. I think it will be virtually impossible to reach legend this month, but Im sure if you put your mind to it you can reach it next month.

12. Pedeguerra

13. doubtofbuddha

No problem! Another guy is doing well in upper legend with a wisps of the old gods deck. Made top 10 legend with it yesterday if you want me to send it your way.

And yeah, I am not going to try for legend until I have a deck I can play that I am super excited about it.

14. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Dear diary :

Someone coined out Millhouse against me while I had Mana Wyrm and Arcane Intellect'd into Cabalist's Tome.

Pedeguerra and BurnPyro like this.
  15. doubtofbuddha

I saw it. It was glorious.

16. Pedeguerra

Hahaha, nice.
    So yeah, managed to finish at rank 7 using Druid Beast. I think I could have gotten a better rank if I played more, but honestly last month was just crazy.
    I will push for legend this season again, though, lets see how that goes. My druid is already at 300ish victories so I will probably be ditching it in the near future, so I might as well try that Yogg-Saron build - looks fun.

17. doubtofbuddha

I decided my goal for this season is to get to 5 with Control Warrior. Probably going to experiment with N'zoth Warrior (the one I think looks most promising), Classic Control Warrior, and C'thun Warrior. This will hopefully get me to my golden warrior portrait (I am half way there!) if not then I will be pushing for Tempo Warrior next month, or probably playing with midrange shaman with the intent of getting my golden shaman portrait too.

18. Pedeguerra

Nice.
    Golden Warrior is the coolest one, I think. Go for it, man!

On my personal druid journey: ditched everything I was playing last season and started a Yogg Druid. Oh boy. Now we are talking. Win rate increased a lot (from 50ish% with Druid beast to 70ish% with Yogg). Yogg, btw, is really easy to play: if you are ahead, dont deploy him. If you are in a struggle/loosing, do it. The amount of times he single handedly won the game is hilarious. He also lost me some matches, but I would have already lost even without him so its a win win situation.
    Rank 11 and 407 wins. Lets do this!

19madfox95 likes this.
  19. doubtofbuddha

Control Warrior is going badly. Not sure if I just don't know how to play it, or if it is actually bad in my local meta. (I have lost twice to priests running double mind control,lolz.)

I am going to give it until I get to 40 playes games. If I have not hit 55% I am going to switch to Tempo Warrior, I think.

20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Got to rank 6

stopped playing for a bit though, with overwatch and everything, just played some games yesterday again, rogue still fun. I'll see whether or not I end up playing HS this month with everything going on