Hearthstone Review

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Zardoz, Mar 20, 2014.

?

Playing Hearthstone?

1. I love Hearthstone!

13 vote(s)
    36.1%
  2. Hearthstone is okay, but another CCG is not for me

10 vote(s)
    27.8%
  3. I did not like Hearthstone.

9 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Never tried it

4 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. Zardoz

Zardoz New Member

Ha, nice! So I have that demon card in my Warlock deck, it is Lord Jaraxxus. You basically wait until you are almost dead, then replace your near-dead hero (avatar) with Lord Jaraxxus, who is equipped with a high-damage weapon and can summon a high level elemental every turn, when more than likely the other player is low on cards and thus minions to play against you. Fun to win when you look completely defeated!

I think what a lot of people replying to my thread don't realize is that this game is still in beta, has no expansions yet (unlike the other games' multiple expansions) and that Blizzard has a huge team of developers with lots of cash to burn making expansions!

As opposed to what other people have complained about the random element, I actually like it. It totally prevents auto-win situations from legendary/exo decks. This makes the new user experience so much better, PvP more forgiving, and frankly, is more realistic to real battle where random things happen (e.g. guns jams or sword breaks).

Attached Files:

2. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

I don't know why people keep saying the game is random. that searching for opponent wheel has landed on 'worthy opponent' every single time ive spun it. no lie.

3. Desregoth

Desregoth New Member

It's a mixed bag as far as I'm concerned. On one hand, I can't seem to care enough about the game to look at the meta or play Ranked matches. On the other hand, Arena mode is very enjoyable and keeps me going back to the game.

4. Napalm Monk

Napalm Monk Member

same here. Draft arena is fun, everyone drafts along one or anouther of the arena ratings guides, so a deck with synergy in draft wins often.

5. Ragic

ive learned to save my coins for draft instead of buying packs. but only cuz its a better payout. I like making my own decks too much to be much of a draft junkie. one day I will have a full pirate deck.... one day.

6. Ragic

So anyone have experience playing a paladin at high level? Starting to craft cards and don't want to waste the blue stuff. Are there key rares I should get first or save up for the legendary hero?

7. only

only Active Member

they recently added 20 000 gold limit...

Peacekeeper and Stampeding Kodo (neutral) are key rares. key epic is Avenging Wrath.

good combo: Wild Pyromancer+Equality

8. Thonskie

Thonskie Member

I started playing this last month and it's a pretty nice game, though I prefer Magic the Gathering Online.

9. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

Started playing it again and can't say I'm too impressed. It just seems so... easy. Too much so. To the point that almost every fight is just going through the motions :p

10. Ragic

the gameplay itself isn't that complex, but knowing your opponents deck is where the dividing line is at. and I think we tend to take deck building for granted. I actually think games like this are more fun when you go the f2p route and are forced to make choices based on rune availability. to dump a few hundred into it and make a top deck right away... of course it will get boring fast. this is turning out to be the one game where p2w doesn't turn me off. as long as the matchmaker does a reasonable job, I don't mind the occasional uphill battle. there is some satisfaction to be had beating a deck with multiple leg/epics with a rare or lower deck.

when I look at the ladder and see the top 10o all at legendary rank, and then look at the leg/epic heavy decks im bumping into even at rank 15-16, I can only shudder to think what the meta looks like. I think blizzard is making some bank on this thing already.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  11. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Pretty much. I havent spend a dime at all until now, and not planning to do so.
    I mean, as previously stated, I log in 2 or 3 times a week, do Arena runs and get new cards. Pretty standard. If I need to play ranked to complete dailies, I do.
    I still think that, despite being very "easy", as you guys pointed out, the game has a nice mechanic to it, and will probably be very visited once the new expansion hits.