Help me build my friend's FS BG

Discussion in 'Training Grounds and Game Guides' started by Sirius, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Hi. One of my friends decided a few days ago to start playing Poxnora and he likes the FS faction. Since he won't be able to have his own editable deck to at least try out a few Runes sooner than a month of gold grinding, I decided to help him out with Runes and to build him a budget BG that he might like. The deck is meant to have stuff that he likes in it and to work sort of like a gateway to help him figure where he wants to go.

The problem is that, as I soon realized, I'm clueless when it comes to FS. I tried to build a BG several times but I don't play the faction so any sort of suggestions would be appreciated. BUT what I really should mention is that he likes playing ninja stuff, confusing and distracting his enemy, stealthing, things like that and anything else he would simply not play.
    He really seems to like Aquatics and Semi-Aquatics with lots of Water gen and Water effects. And he mentioned that he really wants to use: Mirefolk Stalker, Wavecrusher and Slipwater. Also, cards that would be right up his alley are: Undertow, Darkmarsh Concealer, Darkmarsh Helm, Salaman Ninja, Murky Depths and anything that keeps his enemies tied up while he does his stuff. He's prefer to be powerful in the earlier phases of the game, rather than later. He likes the idea of hitting and running, being able to kite with the help of water and mobility.
    Oh, and in case this helps in any way, his favourite LoL champions are Akali and Shaco.

EDIT: My apologies, I should have placed this in the FS faction forums. I placed it in Training Grounds because he's new, sorry.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  2. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

3. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

4. Sirius

A helpful start indeed, thank you. What would a version with those mch needed Runes look like? I can afford them, I'm just a bit reluctant to acquire any exos and above until he gets a bit of experience, but I will after that.

5. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

I'd imagine Tide Master & Banner are the main things you want. Slick & Buzz might be a fun one as well, has Flash Bomb on upgrades.

Tempest is also good, but he'd probably crutch on that really badly if there was one in the deck.

6. Sirius

Actually, you're very close yourself, much appreciated.

Yeah, when I was looking at semi aquas I thought of that so I decided to avoid him.

7. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

Much needed runes would be Tide Master, Warbanner, and basically anything that is good in Aquatic bgs, assuming he wants to go that route.

For the stealthy version, more Salaman would be good.

8. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

Banner I would recommend him to grind 5000 gold and get the Avatar though.
    It will be like 5 days playing but he will learn how his BG behaves in that time. Also if he stays FS he will need the avatar anyway and will have to make the purchase sooner or later.

9. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

This is a more powerful version of the bg, and more condensed into an Aquatic theme with stealth undertones. Slick-n-Buzz is just too good to not include.

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/Ctc81C8OC5Bc5LCtDC5XCgOcoHC5qs6Tsds44Sms5Bs5Ms3vrNrWr2ae1be1H

The biggest problem is that Stealth and Aquatic take spots away from each other, so it's hard to fit in staples like Erode/Corrode and whatnot. When he decides which way he wants to go, tell him to hit me up on Pox (username is XylertTKK) and I will help him and give him some runes.

10. Sirius

More than 5 days. First of all he needs to get to 2100 gold to buy the cheapest stuff available to fill in a trade with a token or something so I can give him runes. There is also the fact that he can't really do the dailies. The first one he managed, but since he's new and has a starter deck he said he finds the second daily impossible. Of course, neither of us would have this problem, but we're not beginners with a beginner deck. And all of this is assuming he plays campaigns/missions daily.

I'll most likely just trade my SL banner for the FS banner to give him, since I'll be playing only splits for a long while.

11. Sarashu

Sarashu The King of Potatoes

I am the friend in question. Note that I was able to complete both daily skirmishes with the FW public deck.

I have a hard time imagining how things would actually play out in this game. Can someone briefly describe how a stealth-based deck and an aquatic-based deck each operates?

12. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

You have the publick deck the mirefolk to test the mechanics of water based bgs.
    Stealth bgs work doing a lot of guesses and trying to avoid counters at all costs.

13. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

Sure. Aquatic bg's are limited to being in or around water, and gain bonus stats for doing so. Their key card is Slipwater, which grants Aquatic units the ability to gain an absurd amount of ap when they move into a water space: making the movement free, thereby setting up amazing plays. Because Aquatic bg's rely on water, they also have access to things like Undertow and Drown, which do.....exactly what you think they do. Water is also an Aquatic bg's weakness, in that if they cannot stay near it/generate it they will QUICKLY die out. This is countered by using water generating runes such as Monsoon, Tide Master, etc.

Stealth isn't really a bg, so much as it's a thing thrown into every bg for trickery and stealth-capping fonts. I guess a "Stealth BG" would rely on using Assassinate and stealthcapping, but a Stealth bg would still have to have non-stealth elements.